It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump will Remain Exec Producer of The Apprentice While President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I'm not anti-Trump or a lefty. I have high hopes that Trump will follow through on campaign promises, and so far he's already saved and created american jobs.

I didn't post this as a hit piece,i'm just sharing the story and seeing if people think it's a conflict of interest. Even though he's involved "in name" only, he will still be receiving a paycheck from the show. That could be a conflict, although he may donate it to charity as he is doing with his presidential pay.

There's a conflict in just how much the show will make being produced by The President.

Anyone involved in the Apprentice production company will still be paid fat for being Trump brand lapdogs.

This isn't like Presidential announcements either. This is the President pushing a Product, that has commercials in-between it, that then directly benefits him at the end.
edit on 8-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Not worried, looking forward to the eight year production of Make America Great Again direct to cable and the internet straight from the White House. Trump branded America, just to make heads explode.

Riding horses, bare chested, with Putin just for John McCain and Lindsey Graham.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

So Trump Critics have learning disabilities and youre going to insult them but you dont seem to know the role of an executive producer......

In television, an executive producer often supervises the creative content as well as the financial aspects of a production. Some writers (for example Stephen J. Cannell and Tina Fey) have been the creator and also the producer of the same TV show.[5] Other dual roles may include the executive director(s) starring in the show they produce, such as Full Throttle Saloon reality TV star, Jesse James Dupree. Still other shows may have more than one executive producer working on a TV show where there can be one among them who outranks the others. This position is known as the "showrunner,"[6] or operational executive producer. An executive producer who has created and established a successful TV series may still be credited as such, even if they have actually resigned, retired, or been dismissed from the show.[7]

Bottom line Trump needs to concentrate on being president, its precisely the reason that people who have businesses, and gain that office, put those businesses into a Blind Trust.....

Please dont insult people when youre just a pot calling the kettle black

Maybe it has a different meaning over there but in OZ an executive producer is normally the person who made the show and since Trump originally made the show it fit, he was listed on the OZ and Brit versions as an EP and I doubt he had anything to do with those.

The OP thought Trump was either gonna be in the decision making process for the show or he knew damn well he wasnt and was just trolling.

Mate Ive seen more cognitive dissonance and mental gymnastics in the past week coming from all the Trump haters that I can no longer put it down to a temporary lapse in judgement and have had to conclude that it is in fact some kind of mental retardation that has taken hold.

Even if it is a case of me the pot calling the Trump hating kettles black it still means Im right

You are exactly correct on what EP means. My brother has been in sound engineering for recording artists, television and live broadcast and I can't recall ever talking to him without him batching about how the EP gets so much credit when all they do is give the money for the production. Obviously he's passed because he does the work.

So a credit on a show hardly seems like anything to care about. Anywho...Obama wrote books prior to becoming POTUS and still rakes royalties so not really concerned here.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, it couldnt take up more time than Obamas golfing. Haha. And wouldnt liberals prefer he do less anyhow? Personally I think the less presidents do the better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join