It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur Tail Discovered Trapped in Amber is Once in Lifetime Find

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Absolutely mind blowing. I'm so happy they found these. There are two things that never fail to leave me in true child-like awe. One is astrophotography, especially very distant astrophotography, as I wonder at the majesty and immensity of the cosmos. The other is extremely well preserved ancient biological material. It's just mind boggling how long complex life has existed on this planet, and how varied (yet familiar.)

Peace.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
No DNA, no party.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

...dinosaur-era bird wings...

Birdasauroses aside, lol...

the ants don't look much 'evolved' either.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Jurassic Park here we comes. The DNA was preserved aswell?

With today's technology I'm sure they could reproduce this fuzzy guy. And that's just the tech we know about.

As long as they leave that giant ant alone, idc what they do.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Wow, this is a really cool find! Whats up with the Ant you think?

My immediate thought as well... I wonder if there's any duplicable (not sure if that's a word) DNA inside it.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: StallionDuck

ugh... meh... oops?

Hit F5 much?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: BlueJacket

True, have you ever seen the pack literally picking on one chicken until it´s dead? I´ve not seen it, but it was obvious from the wounds and the noises, must have been terrible. Something flicked in them to turn on a "member".

I've seen my parent's chickens doing that, the hen laid there taking it, we had to shoo them away.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: dr1234

Lol arent you ahead of the class, yes, i know...but its yet to be openly accepted. Thx for the chiding though

Yet to be openly accepted? By whom? Ignorant people? I'm a bio major and I can tell you amongst those who know anything this is a well known, and accepted, fact.

You take your chickens and dinosaurs pretty seriously, eh?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It is described as being a sparrow sized creature and i wasn't aware that dinosaurs could be this small.

Small enough to make it on the Ark.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Looks sot of like the thing I got stuck to a rock near the well. It is either an impression or a little critter that someone hit with a rock and the bones got left on the rock. Got another one with a partial.

The pictures in the Op show something like feathers, did this little critter have feathers?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

clone it!!

What a great find. Amazing.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Amazing find, so fascinating.

But, are we going to ignore the fact that ants have not changed what so ever for almost 100 million years?

I second that

AND we have a snapshot of time we can all peer into with this find.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

future bird.

I'll bet that the feathers formed by natural selection as a technique for avoiding predators by allowing the little critter to retain some air when running and jumping, not unlike a flying squirrel, except with feathers instead of flaps of skin. You could even direct and redirect your flight path when leaping and evade the predator, "tee hee hee" (the possible squeaking noise they made when bolting away to life and freedom).

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You fools.

Didn’t you check the OP sources?

CNN and the Daily Telegraph.

This is fake news intended to draw unflattering comparisons to the President-Elect’s toupée.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Is that a joke ?

Or are you being serious ?

It's hard to tell around here these days.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

You tell me.

Everybody round here seems to have decided that the ‘mainstream media’ tells a pack of lies.

Well, does that just apply to American politics? Surely not.

It follows that this, too, must be a lie. Or at least, no more reliable than any CNN or Daily Telegraph story.

You can’t have your cake and eat it.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Okay.

I suspected you were just being sarcastic, but I wasn't 100% sure.

I've always understood you to be a little higher up on the intelligence ladder to not sink to the level of falling for and playing in to ridiculous internet memes like "fake news", "snowflakes", "safe spaces", et al.

My instincts were correct.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Remember people, the media is trying to say that the reptilian dinosaurs have feathers, this is a complete lie. Basically the media is obsessed with lying to society. The media is like a 2 year old boy, just constantly feeling an urge to do the opposite of what a person wants. The people behind the media in America are going straight to hell. These rich executives hate the world and would kill us all if they had the chance. The dinosaurs that had feathers were not the raptors and T-Rexes, the only reality here is that THE MEDIA IS OBSESSED WITH LYING, THEY LIE EVERY DAY, AND THEY DESERVE TO BE IN HELL BECAUSE LYING IS A LAW OF MOSES.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

no..........the article said there was NO dna preserved......but, still it is a very cool find!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join