It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur Tail Discovered Trapped in Amber is Once in Lifetime Find

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I would get one that eats stupid useless little dogs.
It would be the end for dogs If we could have mini dinosaurs.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I would get one that eats stupid useless little dogs.
It would be the end for dogs If we could have mini dinosaurs.

Then there shall be NO MINI-DINOS.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Spoilsport....
It really is a good job I don't have a billion quid....the insane science I would pay for heck I would be a mutant ninja squirrel in a few years.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
a reply to: BlueJacket

I have several chickens and ducks. There is absolutely no question in my mind that they are descended from dinosaurs. I know that they're birds, but they are so reptile like. My daughter and I joke about it all the time. Every time we see another article about a feathered dino found, we just look at each other and smile. To us it's obvious. We have an aviary full of little dinosaurs.

OP- Fantastic find. Great thread. AMAZING photos!

To you it is obvious, because it is a scientific fact... birds are dinosaurs. Been known for years. It isn't your little secret, it is a well known scientific fact. Just FYI.

www.zmescience.com...
edit on 8-12-2016 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

I have heard a rumour that If another Jurrasic park movie is made they are going to show the dinosaurs with feathers because they are all in the nude at the moment.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Dawling, yoo look mahhhvelous !

On a much sadder note:

Somewhere out there is an eeny weeny teeny little mouse-sized dinosaur running around without its tail.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Excellent thread, and a very important piece of evidence to support our recent discoveries. I go to the Tuscon Gem & Mineral show in Jan/Feb or the year, and there are some great vendors with huge amber collections. Gonna look carefully at it now, as I am sure more will. Imagine coming up with something like this. Obviously worth more to science, but I will bet that piece has a price tag on it that would floor you.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What an awesome thread! I'm still back on the first page and will have to catch up in here. Very cool!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Lol arent you ahead of the class, yes, i know...but its yet to be openly accepted. Thx for the chiding though

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish
a reply to: chris_stibrany

We don't need ancient dinosaur DNA, modern birds still have the DNA of their dinosaur ancestors. The "chickenosaurus" is already here, we have genetically reverse-engineered birds to resurrect the prehistoric traits of dinosaurs.

That triggered a memory of a movie I watched long ago about a Virus infecting chickens and eggs with Dino DNA, and people were used as experiments to breed them. Then in comes the government and kills everyone.

Pretty much the entire plot.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
For those that raise multiple species of chickens and other foul....it has been obvious that a great many, if not all Therapods were Thunder Chickens, not thunder lizards. Now Brontosaurus and brachiosaurus, diplodaucus etc...I cant explain those, but therapods like t rex and velos were certainly avian.

"Clever girl (guy)."

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The size seems impossible compared to its complexity. I don't know why, just seems odd.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
What's truly amazing is that it looks like ants haven't changed much in 100 million years.

There goes evolution out the window.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't know what's more impressive, the OP or the sexdecuple post!

Definitely the OP. How cool is it that something we have been completely predispositioned to believe (dinosaurs were cold-blooded reptiles) is coming to be proven completely false! This is the stuff I love! I can't even begin to imagine replacing the image of a T-Rex in my mind with a feathery beast. How crazy!
edit on 12/8/2016 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
I don't know what's more impressive, the OP or the sexdecuple post!

Definitely the OP. How cool is it that something we have been completely predispositioned to believe (dinosaurs were cold-blooded reptiles) is coming to be proven completely false! This is the stuff I love! I can't even begin to imagine replacing the image of a T-Rex in my mind with a feathery beast. How crazy!

Here I'll help.

Just picture him super big!

beep, Beep.

edit on 9-12-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Lol arent you ahead of the class, yes, i know...but its yet to be openly accepted. Thx for the chiding though

Yet to be openly accepted? By whom? Ignorant people? I'm a bio major and I can tell you amongst those who know anything this is a well known, and accepted, fact.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Great info!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Is that a real roadrunner? never seen one bar cartoonified.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I ask myself, when do we start correcting our school books according to our new discovery? Or will we just leave it like it is for the sake of the dinosaur toy industry?? Am I missing something?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just think a chickens ancestors could have eaten people if they were around. And now we eat them how times change. I guess the lesson for us is you don't stay on top the food chain forever.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join