It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holding the future in your hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I want to get this off of my chest, nothing serious, just writing down something. Currently my daughter + new born grand daughter is staying here at my place so we can share the houshold and make things easier for both. Since I´m retired I´ve much time on my hands and I often take the cute worm with me on walks, even now when it´s getting colder I just enjoy the presence of her and explaining the world, even if she won´t understand, I point out stuff to her, let her examine it on a close level and she seems to enjoy it. When I´m sitting at the computer, she´s on my lap. She´s now 6 months old and it´s been a tough time on her, spent three weeks in the newborn hospital because of an infection she got due to the birth taking up 30 hours until they did emergency OP. She came three weeks to early, not much but it added up with the infection. Now she´s catched up it seems and getting more active. In one week, she managed to get the trick to turn on her belly/back alone and recently, she discovered how a zipper works! Amazing, although she has still problems coordinating her little fingers but you can see she wants to.

she loves it when I play helicopter with her although the daughter is a bit overly protecting, I don´t blame her, she needs to learn that a baby is not as brittle as one thinks at first (older parents will agree with me on that). I feel like 20 again when we do fun, the "hehehe-he" of her is so cute, I could cuddle her all day long. I´m sure it´s also the pheromones because she smells lovely... at the times when her diaper is not filled of course. And her smile my god the heart is getting so warm when she smiles at you. Every evening we listen to the radio and I´m trying to teach her a feel for rhythm. She looks like her mother with her blue eyes but on low light you see a shade of green (grandpas eyes) so we are "arguing" if she´ll get my green eyes or blue eyes, but everything is fine either way.

I just love her and her mother of course, everyday, I´m grateful to have both around, even if it can be stressfull at times. The little one likes to sleep 12 hours through, from 7pm to 7am, so almost no sleep over the course of the day. I forgot how fast they grow up and learn stuff. I like how calm and secure she seems to feel when I have her on my arm. She then has that "all knowing smile" on her face. I lack the words to describe it propperly. I also refuse to use that wagon to drive her around. I´ve her cuddled into my jacket when we go outside so she has it warm and comfortable and a chance to see the world, not only the sky, if it´s not icey so we could fall. A month ago when I was taking her out the first time, I was surprised to still see ladybeetles around. Two ladybeetles settled on my arm when we were taking a walk over the fields. Like some sign, I can´t remember the last time a ladybeetle settled down on me. I allowed them to sit there and gave them a change to fly away before we went in. Now we have one on the yukka palm and the other one is probably gone. I was a bit concerned that she would eat them when I put one on her finger but she just go big eyed and laughed when the bugger flew back to the plant.

thank you for taking the time to read the sentiments of an old man, feeling young again.
Make children, not war!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Ah man that was a lovely read

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That was beautiful.

While we love our children, there is just something undescribable about grandchildren.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Saltwater wells in my eyes.

It is so so nice to read an uplifting thread once in a while, and I am glad I chose to read yours.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
must-resist-sneaking-in-and-watching-her-sleep. This unspoiled soul that starts the day with laughing. Seriously, when did you wake up the last time and laughed just because?

One thing you definitly get better at when older is diaper changes, I noticed. Probably because they are throw-aways, have to admit this is a good invention!

Edit: I always read my posts after I posted them to check back how it´s perceived by others (I learned that it sometimes comes over different when you see the whole post) and I admit my throat was a bit blocked and I got wet eyes, too.
edit on 8-12-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Gosh man, that just warms the heart.

I needed a read like that today.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They're very lucky to have you.

Good thread!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I try my best filling several gaps.

Originally I had a wall of text here but I decided to remove it out of private reasons before the 2h limit kicks in and it´s here forever. Too much information about what was going on. But it helped me writing it down, so it was not a waste.
edit on 8-12-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
what a great share, verschickter!

As things change in our world, it has become important for grandparents to check with their grown children and be in sync with their parenting styles. Communication and respect are key aspects of the grandparent to parent relationship. However, remember that some things will never change: the importance of grandparents and grandparents' love for their grandchildren.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This is one of the most welcomed posts ive read in a while. Fantastic sentiment and congratulatuons sir!

top topics

join