It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Names Andrew Puzder , CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. as Labor Secretary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: Hefficide

Exactly why I voted Trump.

Are you a 1 percenter?

Seriously?

Yes, but it has nothing to do with the topic. And like many 1% percenters, I understand how many of the government departments and alphabet agencies screw up the job market and make it harder for companies to hire people.

I worked in HR for a while.

I tend to get moved around a lot - - like a floater - - when I'm working, because I pick up stuff quickly. So, I've worked in a lot of different areas.

I worked on a CA Affirmative Action yearly report. That was interesting. But, I also remember the days when "A man with a family" got hired over a single mom.

I am a "Reap What You Sow" person - - - so to all 1 percenter's who earned it. Good for you!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Well the minimum wage and the living wage are two completely different things altogether.

Definition of minimum wage 1 : the lowest wage paid or permitted to be paid; specifically : a wage fixed by legal authority or by contract as the least that may be paid either to employed persons generally or to a particular category of employed persons

www.merriam-webster.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.merriam-webster.com...

Also earlier in this thread another member asked you a question "what do you have against this pick" to which you never replied or even made a rebuttal to. Not for nothing but you have created this thread and have added nothing to what you have against this man being picked for Labor Secretary, you have nothing based on any hard proven facts and it leads me to believe that you just don't like this man because the President-elect picked him and you seem as though you dislike everything he is going to do. Personally you should accept the fact that your candidate lost and give the candidate who won at least a chance to prove something. If Trump fails it may not be something that he did on his own but it could just be the sheer fact that people like you on the Alt-Left will not face facts and give him and chance instead you will just call him out on anything and everything he does. Its the beautiful about democracy, be thankful you even had two or actually more then two candidates to choose from.

That is all.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
If you look at who he is appointing, his intention appears to be the dismantling of government. His own little coup.

Well yes, AD, I completely agree with you! lol. Looks like he will be getting rid of the EPA, Labor and Education. Maybe even HUD.
Plus, by all other evidence, we are going to war!
edit on 12/9/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If you look at who he is appointing, his intention appears to be the dismantling of government. His own little coup.

Well yes, AD, I completely agree with you! lol. Looks like he will be getting rid of the EPA, Labor and Education. Maybe even HUD.

Part of winning the Presidency is getting to pick department/agency heads to take those functions in a direction that the President prefers. There is nothing that says the Dept of Labor or the EPA has to follow progressive ideology.

I wish Trump would get rid of the Dept. of Education. 30 years later, kids are dumber than ever. $73 billion annual budget. WTF have they been doing with all that money?

Go look at some of the abuse the EPA has levied on innocent homeowners.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Charlotte Iserbyte blew the whistle (and has been ignored) on this back in the early 80's: they spend the money to make kids dumber and easier to control.

Money well spent, apparently.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Edumakated

Charlotte Iserbyte blew the whistle (and has been ignored) on this back in the early 80's: they spend the money to make kids dumber and easier to control.

Money well spent, apparently.

My grade school in the 50s was not much different from today. Actually, IMO schools today are far better.

They catered to the "middle kid" - - it was Read, Memorize, Take a Test. Actual thinking was discouraged.

I hated school because I was a thinker. I saw things differently then most people, even back then.

Once in awhile you got a teacher who actually taught you something.

I don't think its as much the schools - - as it is the parent. Back in the "Old Days" mom was usually home - - and sat with you while you did your work. Today many parents are so busy they don't work with their kids.

Today I have parents complaining about homework - - because they say they don't have time.

I make my kid do homework and turn it in - - whether the teacher wants it or not.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: reldra

What is your objection to this guy being the Labor Secretary?

He is a slave labor Globalist
See Breitbart below for proof

www.breitbart.com...

Puzder is also a strong supporter of increased immigration, which provides his companies with a fresh supply of cheap workers — plus additional customers. In 2013, he supported the proposed “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” bill which would have provided companies with more white-collar H-1B guest-workers, plus more than thirty million new workers and customers by 2023.

Puzder also supported Gov. Jeb Bush and Sen. Marco Rubio, both of whom were defeated by Trump during the campaign, as he promised to curb low-wage competition from imported workers.

People like Puzder lean more fascist than capitalist, because they would rather the market be bent toward their will rather than on national market economics

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

It is an epic understatement to stay I was hoping for better. You cannot rebuild the middle class on service sector jobs. Im not sure what this individuals experience brings to bear in our country, other than helping to squash minimum wage increases (which is a small silver lining, i guess).

I don't know the guy. Or his experience. So im pulling this outta my ass here based on his industry. But this doesn't bode well for labor in the US.

Side note: much more push against labor and I expect the 2 parties to fracture to create a 3rd Labor Party. Its been the great unspoken voice for so long.....

Yep, for the last 30 years, the only party labor has had to pick from is NeoCon Corporate Fascists.
These Neocon Fascists say they believe in capitalism and then rather than play along with the the market forces as labor has had to do, they intentionally sobotage it by flooding us with illegal immigrants.

Trump will be no different

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

All the partisan bickering aside, our federal government has 3 primary jobs:

- protect our borders (fail)
- protect our currency (fail)
- protect our markets (major fail)

I could not have said it better.

The Federal Government's easy money policy is what is driving higher costs everywhere. While interest rates should not be the obscenely high 21% they were under peanut brain Carter they still should not be at the absurdly low 3-4% they are now. An ultra-weak dollar has caused export costs to rise while export profits have fallen while also making it attractive to buy cheap foreign imports.

At this point we have nothing in reserve (interest rates to trade) to stimulate the economy if markets go recessionary. We need higher rates as a back stop but to also position the dollar as a strong international currency.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

AD, I totally and completely agree with you! It is clear as day - he is picking people who are at the top of their game in doing the despicable things that "CEO" types do. Which is (among many other things) shaft the working plebs and the nobodies....to enrich their own coffers and be in control of things.

I was thinking the same thing over the last couple of days. He intends for these thugs to go in and flush out every single government employee by shutting their offices down. There will be NO social safety net, NO educational standard, NO shutting down of private prisons....

he is setting these firebrands (or "siccing" them, rather) on every agency he can manage, and intends to do away with EVERYTHING that has been built. We will be without an anchor, with no sense of security. The government is a bureaucratic nightmare of slow-moving cogs and red tape, yes. But thinking about all the damage these inhuman monsters can do as "cabinet members" is really terrifying.

I just wish the Trump voters on this site would explain to us how the hell these people - these selfish, sociopathic egomaniacs who are the very instruments of our despair - are going to make things "better" for anyone.

How do they imagine this is going to impact their lives? By stripping them of everything that they used to be able to count on, even if it took forever for the wheels to turn.

How is it possible that people really don't see what is happening? He's treating every single agency like it's supposed to be "profitable" instead of concerned with our standards of living, quality of life and soundness of environment, and family unity. Homelessness will explode. Crime will skyrocket as people do what they must to survive. Hiring Brownback is an absolute give-away that Trump is out of his mind, and these 1%ers who are living demons will ruin all of us.

I'm just glad I have a well-rounded skill set. If no one has any money, no one can buy anything. Including stupid Chinese garments with TRUMP on the label.

Sickening. I agree with you totally.

edit on 12/12/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Update: Tuesday February 14, 2017 (Happy Valentines Day!)

ANDREW PUDZER is facing a serious threat of not being confirmed as Labor Secretary this coming Thursday...

Excerpt from: www.politico.com...

""Senators in both parties have viewed an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in which President Donald Trump's Labor Secretary nominee Andrew Puzder's former wife leveled allegations of physical abuse against him, according to sources familiar with the matter.

Susan Collins is among at least four GOP senators undecided on Puzder, whose confirmation hearing has been scheduled for Thursday. Sens. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Johnny Isakson of Georgia and Tim Scott of South Carolina are also not decided on his nomination. All serve on the HELP Committee. Puzder can only lose two GOP votes if all Democrats oppose his nomination on the Senate floor.""

cwm

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join