It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada student who swung knife at classmates before being shot by police 'was bullied for days'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boadicea

I feel very sorry that things happened this way, and parents should always be an advocate for their children.

That being said, it does not excuse the impulse to take a weapon to school and act out violently.

Of course not. But neither should he have felt the need to have to defend himself in such a manner.

If you believe as a kid you are going to be attacked, you go to the adults. You do not try to take matters in to your own hands.

He did go to the adults. The adults knew it had been ongoing. And the adults knew that it had escalated to a specific threat on that specific day. I don't know what -- if anything -- they did about it, but it obviously wasn't enough. Hence why the kid felt he had to take matters into his own hands. The adults let him down.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Dude, that's when you step off and leave it for a while. There are posters here who will purposefully try to push you to that point.

You just back down and go do something in Realsville for a while, then come back when you feel better.

Would you tell that to the kid that got shot?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven
a reply to: yuppa

I say this with all the love and respect I can muster. That is the single dumbest idea I've ever heard. My apologies for being so harsh, but it's really the worst thought I've ever heard in all my years on this earth.

No need to apologize. Take it from someone who wanted to just learn and leave. US schools need to be fixed. Punishing the parents for their childs bad behavior(because honestly its their fault in truth for crappy parenting) Is a good motivator.

As to the worst thought you ever heard? please.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

This is exactly what I thought and where was his tazer for that matter. Being a school cop must be an extremely boring gig. Seems like this cop just wanted to be the hero and take him out. Without thinking twice about using lethal force on a 14 year old.
edit on 10-12-2016 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'll take a pass on this snowflake. a reply to: gunshooter

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
My kid gets bullied and we have made every attempt to stop it.
¤ Talked to school
¤ Talked to school board
¤ Contacted the state
¤ Contacted the parents (this lead into big fight)

She still gets bullied.She is in third grade and has happened since preschool.

Times she can't eat from emotional problems. She has nightmares about it and times so scared she wets the bed. She's just a normal little girl. No fat, not smelly, not autistic, and is one of smartest in her class.

I thought "getting jumped" is term used by gangs to use overwhelming force. Meaning more than one.

Did he bring a gun? No.

Do I blame police? Yea, you don't bring gun to a knife fight. Cops are trained to take down close quarters combat by numerous reasons. (nightstick,baton,tazer) There is nothing here to argue. Those who defend this were most likely not bullied, but bullied. There attitude relates and reflexs childhood actions seen on here can easily reflex their trollish faces at younger age.

He could just have easily done everyone's worst nightmare. Shoot and bomb the entire school. Instead, he used his right to defend himself.

Fighting isn't fair unless it's in the ring with a referee.

Parents should now sue both school, police, and the state until their fillings fall out.

I sympathise because I have made every action I can to stop it, when is it matter of time this is my child or yours.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I'll take a pass on this snowflake. a reply to: gunshooter

I'm no snowflake there buttercup, but you certainly are a distasteful, horrible person who needs to be shown a lesson or two about respect. Any time you wanna have a real man to man chat about that, if you can handle it, let me know. Oh, and bring tissues, you'll need'em......

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
why would big adult cop use a gun on a small skinny teenager? aren't cops trained to disarm and subdue people with knives? and why fear a knife in a weak amatuer kids hands? it's not easy to push a knife into flesh as an adult let alone as a kid?
have american police become honorless cowards without any mettle or something? if you are a wuss without a pair then don't be a cop.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
why would big adult cop use a gun on a small skinny teenager? aren't cops trained to disarm and subdue people with knives? and why fear a knife in a weak amatuer kids hands? it's not easy to push a knife into flesh as an adult let alone as a kid?
have american police become honorless cowards without any mettle or something? if you are a wuss without a pair then don't be a cop.

A weapon makes up for a small frame. No the cowardly thing would had been to not stop the boy. Oh but hes just a child... THAT is why i hate Amateurs. if you pick up a weapon and know how it works you have no right to complain when you get killed or hurt.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21624939]Wrong...he didn't have to grab a knife and possibly kill someone. Look, I was bullied when I was in school and never once did I think of grabbing a knife or a weapon. .

In my day, it wasn't knives. People playfully tested in school. Rarely someone would cross the line and get physical, and then you simply punched them in the nose. They start crying and leave you alone. You both get a couple days with in school detention. Get to sit with the assistant principal who usually function as the head disciplinarian leaving admin to the head principal.

I disagree with the knives unless he was confronting armed assailants. Everyone gets tested by their peers.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Maybe you should stop running your mouth and look at reality

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
and if he was black, he would be labeled a violent animal thug regardless of his own sad story

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: magnetik
In our community he is largely considered a menace and a thug.

There's no reason to interject race politics into this event.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Maybe you should stop running your mouth and look at reality

Exactly, the police are responsible for public safety of the OTHER STUDENTS. That was probably the prime motivation behind the shooting, not fear for his own person. Plus he had TWO KNIVES. We had training on knife deflection in the Coast Guard. But that was for ONE KNIFE. The police officer only has two hands. Hard to stop a person with a knife in both hands.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Know what I did with school bullies? Beat some ass! Suspension is a far sight better than jail! Knives and guns = jail, a bare knuckle butt kicking is a slap on the wrist, sack up pansey!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Being bullied is bad, but reacting like this kid did even worse.
edit on 10-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22
Answered my own question about the taser with five minutes of reading. Interesting he wasn't issued one, anyhow looking at the images he does appear to be a deadly threat wielding those two bad boys like a maniac. Should of listened to the cop and since the cop didn't have a taser he did the right thing. Though you can't help but wonder why the hell wouldn't he have a cops most trust worthy non lethal weapon in a school of children.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Know what I did with school bullies? Beat some ass! Suspension is a far sight better than jail! Knives and guns = jail, a bare knuckle butt kicking is a slap on the wrist, sack up pansey!

And this kid is paying the price for his bad judgment... as noted repeatedly.

No comment on the adults in the equation? (Which is actually the subject of the OP)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Being bullied is bad, but reacting like this kid did even worse.

Indeed... as this kid has found out the hard way. Too bad he didn't have any adults acting responsibly... which is actually the subject of the OP... care to comment on that?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Anonopolis

I'm sorry to hear that your child is being bullied. That can't be easy to watch and deal with.

May I ask what the response of the teachers and administrators has been? My daughter-in-law was telling me about a girl she babysits that is being bullied, and the school's response is to tell the girl to stay away from the bullies. That's it. If the girl tries to defend herself, she will be disciplined.

I'mreally trying to wrap my head around how this kind of bullying can go on with teachers and administrators everywhere... to the point where this kid thought he needed a weapon to defend himself.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join