It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami Dade police mishandling and dropping handcuffed amputee.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
South Florida Cops Caught on Video Dropping Handcuffed, Legless Woman to Ground, then Harassing Videographer.

South Florida cops were arresting a legless, wheelchair-bound woman for trespassing... The woman accused them of slamming her to the ground, but the cops said she was at fault for that, even though she was handcuffed and legless.

But instead of helping her up, one Miami-Dade police officer turned to a man video recording the incident, demanding to know what he was doing.

The man, Jay King, told them he was waiting for his friend, so the cop left him alone, but still did not bother trying to help the handcuffed woman back on her wheelchair, whose legs were amputated because of diabetes.

Well thats incredibly sad.

Find it bizarre and mind boggling how not one both both cops just stood there letting a handcuffed, helpless, legless woman lie on the concrete.

I suppose they found her annoying so that was their passive/aggressive way of torturing her or making her suffer.

And if someone else had tried to help her, I would imagine that the cops would have gladly used a lot more energy to arrest and subdue the good Samaritan.

edit on 8-12-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If you haven't noticed every single person with a government job is fairly incompetent.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
These are my observations:

First, we don't know the context or what happened. We don't know why she was arrested so we cannot come to conclusions.

Second, she was accidentally dropped. They were going to lay her on the ground (or so it appears). The cop to the right let go of her right after he cuffed her because he was expecting the cop to the left to lower her to the ground. The cop to the left was not prepared so he ended up losing his grip. You can see as she is falling that they (at least the cop to the right) try to grab her to break her fall but they were too slow.

Regardless, it seems like they could care less that she fell. But we don't know the context. Maybe these are horrible cops, or the person being arrested is a known trouble maker. We don't know.
edit on 8-12-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Before watching the video. You'd think the cops did something really horrible.

After watching the video..... not so much.

They could of been a bit more gentle. But I don't see them hurting the person.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

oh come on....
it looks like they were trying to lay her down and slipped a bit. from like knee high...

i was thinking they were gonna drop her ass wwe style

meh

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Reach much?
I see an accident, they happen. No one is perfect.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I agree with your assessment on how she fell, but I'll tell you, known troublemaker or not, just leaving there after she fell without helping is pretty inhumane treatment.

I'm not sure that this belongs in the PC forum, though...it's a stretch to say that this video falls under the definition of 'posse comitatus.'

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This is quite the reach, here. Are you actively attempting to make all cops look bad by posting this video and pretending that it's more than what it is, or do you sincerely believe that these to LEOs are terrible human beings and did that on purpose and with malicious intent?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"Sir....sir are you....you're waiting on your boy?"

*ignores for the duration of the video*

That's quite harass-ey, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

From a site called "Photography Is Not a Crime," what do you expect other than over-inflated claims of harassment?

edit on 8-12-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So where's the rest of the incident? I see nothing here. The cops could be awaiting medical or even a female officer to arrive on scene. . . . I don't know cause I weren't there.

top topics

join