It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The left wants to ban fake news because they are the idiots that fell for it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
The left knows their own supporters cant (can't) discern real news from fake news and they think it is why they lost the election.

Its (It's) obvious it was the left that fell for it because the right was gonna vote right anyway. So why didnt (didn't) alot (a lot) of the normal left states go left?

Because they believed the "fake news" and decided to change their vote or not vote at all .

Their "leaders" realize this and know they will just keep falling for it in the future like a bunch of morons so they are going to crusade to get it banned..

This seems like a crusade against free speech.

We have had fake news for alot (a lot) longer then the internet has been around. supermarket tabloids have been around forever spreading fake news .

Roswell

moon landing

Kennedy assassination

Why now are Americans to (too) stupid to discern real from fake as the left would have you believe?

Whats (what's) next(?) fiction books and movies if it does (do) not fit their agenda?

A lefty idiot just corrected your grammar mistakes.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why conservatives might be more likely to fall for fake news

Psychologist John Jost of New York University is one of the pioneering researchers in this realm. In a forthcoming book chapter, Jost and some colleagues analyze decades of research on political psychology and find that a number of personality traits are strongly correlated with conservatism. One in particular -- a so-called "need for cognition" -- speaks to why fake news creators have found a receptive audience among conservatives.

"Need for cognition" is measured by assessing people's agreement with statements like, "I find satisfaction in deliberating hard and for long hours" or "thinking is not my idea of fun." A measurement of people's affinity for critical thinking, in short.

Jost reviewed 40 studies on differences in this need for cognition between liberals and conservatives. Of those, 25 showed a "significant, negative" association between need for cognition and right-wing orientation. In all but three of the others, there was a similar negative association but it wasn't statistically significant.

I'm sure all of that is just fake BS. Wait... maybe not.

DR. John Jost:
Education:
Ph.D. 1995, Yale University (Social Psychology)
M.A. 1993, University of Cincinnati (Philosophy)
A.B. 1989, Duke University (Psychology, Human Development)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
CNN:

Trump can never become President!

Hillary will win the election!

So is CNN fake news or false news?

Fake as in they are LYING?

Or False as in they are just plain WRONG?

Either way they are a propaganda machine for the Left and are not accurate or truthful.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

The authoritarian leftists want to ban books, ban offensive words, ban speech, ban free expression, ban news they don't like.

They'd ban the Constitution if they could get away with it.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
TBH I have seen fake news parroted by people on these Boards for ages.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Maby they can for msm but the Internet it's hard to stop yea socal media can stop it and all private websites

They could probly even ban ur own personal website

But the sheer task to do this on the net imposible even the grate firewall of China has holes

The government can't stop illegal material on the net now clear Web and dark Web every site they take down another pops

This is one thing I'll just say hah keep dreaming it won't happen

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The MSM has lost all credibility there is no way for them to regain the publics trust so the only way that they can regain at least the appearance of being credible is to outlaw "fake news" that way whatever BS that they report will be taken as true or real because it will be illegal to report untrue or "fake" news.
The sheeple will assume that whatever lies the MSM report must be true because the MSM wouldn`t break the law by reporting something that is not true.
wouldn't a law against fake news be redundant, don`t we already have laws against slander and liable?

I guess all the Hillary supporters are butt hurt that they lost even though the media has been telling them for over a year that Hillary was way ahead and was going to win,so now they want a law to punish the media for lying to them.

legal for the government to spread propaganda ( which is basically fake news) but illegal for the private sector to report fake news ( which is basically propaganda) looks like the government just wants to have a monopoly on spreading fake news.
edit on 8-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Whats wrong is wrong. Spreading false information with the intent for people to believe it, is wrong point blank.

What this has to do with the mental capacity of the left or right or their ability to discern the difference between fake news is a mute point.

Further more false news should be considered libel and slander, or have we completely forgotten about the constitution again.

Yet we have people creating threads pointing and laughing at the fact that someone believed a false narrative?

Did you guys hear that trump say's he's going to make vaccinations mandatory for anyone under the age of 18?

I didn't either, because I just made that narrative up.

I swear people would rather point their finger and laugh rather than fix an ever increasingly detrimental issue, which is moronic to say the least.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Yeah but more "people" voted for Clinton didn't they. Even with all of her BS.

it's the diminishing amygdala syndrome !!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

social psychologists are a “tribal-moral community” united by “sacred values” that hinder research and damage their credibility — and blind them to the hostile climate they’ve created for non-liberals.

www.nytimes.com...

Don't kiss the Blarney Stone, the locals piss on it.

-GodEmperor

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Wow, your confused.

I'll say it again - Who need shills when they have people like you.

Roswell.. real, true !

moon landing.. real, true !

Kennedy assassination.. real.. true !

Occult pedophile ring.. real.. true !

You are the gullible un-discerning one.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
BS OP utter BS.
To just say the left had fake news and only the left fell for it is just lies.
Just look at the hoax and LOL forums and you will see it was left and right wing fake news pushed by members in this thread.
They never hold up their hands and say sorry though for pushing lies do they though.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

The right falls for fake news all the time too.

Therefore: It isn't a LEFT/RIGHT problem.

Once you people realise this, the better off you will be.

edit on 9/12/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I think everyone agrees the point of fake news isn't to be nonfactual, but rather sensationalized and triggering. I mean, yes some of it is plainly nonfactual, but where fake news shines are the small truths and mistruths that hint inference of greater issues.

Ex: Donald Trump caught not putting the seat down! Does this imply ISIS connection? Ever since the President elect won the election this last November suspicious activity has been....Read more
edit on 9-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Also OP seeing you who has authored LOL threads pushing them as true wouldn't it make you also an idiot?.
edit on 9-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

social psychologists are a “tribal-moral community” united by “sacred values” that hinder research and damage their credibility — and blind them to the hostile climate they’ve created for non-liberals.

www.nytimes.com...

Don't kiss the Blarney Stone, the locals piss on it.

-GodEmperor

Social Psychologists created a hostile climate for non-liberals.... oh that's too funny. I'll still be laughing at that this evening... poor abused non-liberals... so sad for them...

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Complete crazy town. I figured the way the idiocracy is going, at some point we'd reach the insanity where left is right and right is left, and according to this OP, we have arrived.

edit on 12/9/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Strange how those that are for censorship of false news are those who most dominantly attempted to suppress the REAL news.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

To what "real news" are you referring?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Corruptions exposed of course ,CORRUPTIONS that were both obvious and I did point much of it out on this board.
The left cut their own throats and soon the martyrs will follow.
The WHOLE thing fell really from lack of unity ,politeness and WELL, liars that the main media promoted ...liberally if you get that pun.
AND the really funny thing is a simple knowledge of HISTORY and hardships endured rendered their debates pointless,so the MSN HAD to go propaganda to back the game.
edit on 9-12-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join