It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Linda McMahon, Wife Of WWE Billionaire And Trump's Pick For Small Business Administrator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

President-elect Donald Trump has picked yet another person with billionaire ties to join his administration.

On Wednesday, Trump announced that he has selected former World Wrestling Entertainment CEO Linda McMahon to head his Small Business Administration. McMahon is the wife of billionaire WWE promoter, Vincent McMahon, whose net worth FORBES estimates at $1.16 billion.

The couple cofounded WWE, which now has a market capitalization of $1.5 billion, more than three decades ago. According to WWE's most recent annual report, Linda McMahon personally owns $84 million in WWE stock. She served as CEO from 1997 until 2009, when she stepped down to pursue public office. Her unsuccessful U.S. Senate runs as a Republican in Connecticut in 2010 and 2012 cost the couple an estimated $100 million.

Source

So our WWE Hall of Famer president-elect has tapped the former WWE CEO to be part of his Cabinet. Admittedly this isn't too surprising. The McMahons and the Trumps are old friends. I know at one point Linda was rumored to be Trump's pick for Secretary of Commerce. Hell, there were even rumors that Trump would pick Vinny Mac as his VP.

Now, while Linda is a very skilled and successful businesswoman I have to wonder if having her head up the SBA is the best pick. Now granted her and Vince did take a regional promotion (albeit the largest promotion in the NWA) and turn it into an international powerhouse. At the same time they don't exactly have a great reputation when it comes to being small business or worker friendly.

They have no qualms shutting down smaller promotions. In 2001 they came very close to having a monopoly on the industry after buying out Ted Turner's WCW. They also have a long history of providing terrible conditions for their Superstars. I don't say employees, because technically every wrestler they hire is an independent contractor. Because of this they are not provided health insurance, despite the physical nature of their work. Right now there is a massive lawsuit filed against the WWE due to their previous policy regarding concussions.

There is so much more that can be said about the way the McMahons have run their business. And it's all really available on the internet. From the steroid lawsuit in the 90s to CM Punk's interview on Colt Cabana's podcast and current lawsuit against the WWE's staff doctor.

Like I said, Linda McMahon is a great businesswoman. Probably one of the best in the world. At the same time she got there by preying on smaller businesses and exploiting her workers. Is this really the kind of woman that should be heading up the SBA?

She definitely has a conflict of interest when it comes to small businesses. Her livelihood comes from a massive corporation and for the first time since taking over the WWE is seeing stiffer competition from smaller indie promotions. Their biggest competitor, TNA, is constantly on the verge of bankruptcy at this point. WWE was even in the running to buy it just last month. But promotions like ROH, CZW and PWG are taking more and more of the market share. So how can she be expected to head the SBA fairly when small businesses are directing money from her bank account?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
She wont cut through bureaucracy,

SHE WILL ELBOW DROP IT FROM THE TOP ROPE!
OOOOHHH YEEAAAHHHH!!!!

I mean not a bad idea.
Wwf started as a "small" business.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I can't believe Trump has the audacity to put successful people into prominent cabinet positions...
Decorated generals into defense posts??? How stupid!!!

Anyhow, was McMahon ever a "community organizer"???
Like, can she even organize a community???
Does she know about safe spaces???
Has she ever committed micro aggressions???

Sincerely,
Millenials Everywhere

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Im not sure about her credentials or ability to do the job but Ill give her this

Shes hot as hell and is a total badass, she regularly beats the crap out of men who are 6'6 and built like brick shytehouses.
Its true, Ive seen the footage!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
As much as I am rooting for Trump to do well, I'm not real thrilled with this pick. He could have done so much better, by not participating in cronyism.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
She is without a doubt a smart woman.
I don't see her having a conflict of interest though. Her business thrives if the smaller market ones do well.
We will just have to wait and see how she does.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Another great pick by President Trump.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

By the time Vince and Linda took over it was far from a small business. The WWWF made up 70% of the NWA's audience. Even when it was founded Jess McMahon was already a successful boxing promise.

link   
Still waiting for it...

link   
This pick really has me shaking my head in disbelief. As an IND who was willing to give Trump a chance (Only because the other real choice belongs in hell where she came from) I have now already lost complete faith in him. Shaping up to be a real shady cabinet to start with, so much for draining the swamp. Anyone who approves of this particular choice IS a deplorable.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Like I said, she is definitely a smart and successful woman. But she hasn't exactly been small business friendly. So, why put her in charge of the SBA?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Im not sure about her credentials or ability to do the job but Ill give her this

Shes hot as hell and is a total badass, she regularly beats the crap out of men who are 6'6 and built like brick shytehouses.

I believe you're thinking of Stephanie McMahon. Linda's daughter.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

I believe you're thinking of Stephanie McMahon. Linda's daughter.

Oh snap!!!

Has Linda ever kicked the ass of a 6'6 brick shytehouse type guy?
If not then I think this is a bad choice

Is she at least hot?
Or at least hot in her prime?
edit on 8/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
Still waiting for it...

Patience friend,

Only a few months away.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not surprised. This will be Monday nights on State Run Trump TV:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Lol, you beat me to an idiocracy clip.

edit on 8-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

LMAO , first thing that came to mind when I read the title .

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ok
It's true, it's true
Trump is a clown, just in my opinion a better clown than hillary
I would hate to have seen what she would be doing

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
oh man. America has a bright future ahead.
this is why i voted for a person who never served or held a public office

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Oh I bet, look at Vince..big boy, I bet Linda has busted his balls a time or two.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join