It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge halts recount, sealing Trump's Michigan win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
So it looks like the same judge that started the recount in Michigan decided to end it as well. In my opinion he should have never allowed it to begin with.

DETROIT (AP) — A federal judge who ordered Michigan to begin its recount effectively ended it on Wednesday, tying his decision to a state court ruling that found Green Party candidate Jill Stein had no legal standing to request another look at ballots.

The judge said a recount to test the integrity of the voting system "has never been endorsed by any court."

This is great news. So now it really doesn't matter what happens in Wisconsin, or Pennsylvania. Trump has 276 without either of them.

So now as long as the electoral collage does their job it should be curtains for Clinton.

Now if I was Trump because of the fact that Clinton joined the Stein recount lawsuit. I would see to it that she was punished for her crimes to the full extent of the law.

link

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yeah Baby!

Now for the butt hurt accusations in 3.2.1...
edit on 8-12-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Did you read what the judge had to say ? Lambasted Stein over and over again
But , more bad news for the terrified , panicked left. In Wisconsin , the more the votes are recounted the larger Trump leads.
Steingate is over. Poor Hillary and her "Green Party" puppet are the laughing stock of the nation (or soon will be)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
That judge is a joke, really.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Its kinda funny I stayed away from political threads through this entire election.

Then when the election was over I thought good now maybe things will calm down for awhile. Really deep down inside I hate politics.

But no the left went crazy to the point I could stay quiet no more. I started posting like a rabid dog.

Hopefully things will calm down a bit and we can concentrate on moving forward.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Not sure I understand your post. Is he a joke for allowing the recount in the first place, or is he a joke for putting an end to the recount?

If you are saying that he is a joke for allowing the recount then I couldn't agree with you more.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Donald Trump is the 45th President elect and come Jan 20th, unless taken out, he will be the 45th President of the US and one that is sure to go down in the history books as a real game-changer.

Rinse and repeat until he takes office, it's 'real news'.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
That judge is a joke, really.

Is that all you got ?
Source ?
Put up or shut up
Or is it just tripe and rhetoric
My money is on the latter

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Its kinda funny I stayed away from political threads through this entire election.

Then when the election was over I thought good now maybe things will calm down for awhile. Really deep down inside I hate politics.

But no the left went crazy to the point I could stay quiet no more. I started posting like a rabid dog.

Hopefully things will calm down a bit and we can concentrate on moving forward.

Yeah , me too. Start us up a good alien moonbase thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Stein is laughing at everybody. She is not an idiot (intellectually anyway), and knew that her actions would have no impact whatsoever on the final outcome of the Presidential election, but...

1) She raised millions of dollars for the Green Party (sorry, not buying that the money has all been segregated and will only be used for recounts...that aren't going to happen)
2) She harvested a large list of small motivated micro-donors for future fund raising efforts
3) She got tons and tons of media face time - far more that she got during the entire actual campaign - increasing her personal recognition factor, and thus enhancing her ability to raise even more money

She also knows that she and her Party have exactly zero chance of ever getting elected, and thus ever actually accomplishing anything, so this is all about Stein and her inner circle sucking enough out of the gullible to keep themselves paid as pseudo politicians.

Consider yourself conned America.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A little common sense is finally back. Stein had no chance to win and the judge ruled on that. Now if Hill would have requester the recount it probably would be on going and she would lose again.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Jill Stein, i mean George Soros real agenda was to tie up Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania electors. Guess Soros think if those states are tied up hand recounts, electors won't be able to vote come December 19th.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
the woman who is not going to be the President of the Un-United States of America....

is really upset......

I think that there is even tears.....

I HOPE SO....

I noticed with the Austrian and Italian elections .....the style and decorum of the LOSING candidates...

HILLARY HAS NONE.....

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale
The money (at least a good portion) will go back from whence it came. The Clinton Foundation.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Don't forget Soros will want his share.

Although it would be nice to know for sure who financed this lawsuit in the first place.

Well I'm out for now I'll catch up on the marrow. Peace out.

edit on 8-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: night night

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

U so funny.

No, what I am referring to and what no-one else seems to have commented upon: first, the very same judge allows the recount, now he revokes that.

I don't take judges seriously if they pull this cr*p! Stay true to your decisions.
That is the joke.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I read earlier she's going to go to a different judge and try again to start it back up again.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
How convenient for Hillary and the DNC. Quite a bit of vote fraud was being discovered:

REVEALED: Michigan Recount Uncovers Serious Voter Fraud in Detroit- VOTES COUNTED UP TO 6 TIMES

Michigan Recount: Over 1/2 of Hillary Clinton’s Detroit Vote Faces Disqualification

But once again, their dirty deeds are protected... and pretty much forever more. We the people have pretty much no recourse to challenge election integrity.

Will Wisconsin be next?

Milwaukee Wisconsin Recount Hillary Clinton Vote Fraud Anomalies?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
No, what I am referring to and what no-one else seems to have commented upon: first, the very same judge allows the recount, now he revokes that.

I don't take judges seriously if they pull this cr*p! Stay true to your decisions.
That is the joke.

His earlier decision mainly dealt with 'when' the recount could start, rather than the merits of the recount effort itself. In this situation, he didn't have much choice. A day or two ago, the Michigan courts also ruled to stop the recounts. Given that the recount laws are state laws, the Michigan courts have the primary jurisdiction here. Unless Stein could prove fraud or that her Constitutional rights to a recount were being violated, and she presented no evidence of either of these, the federal court had very little excuse to override the state court decision halting the recount.

The only issue I have with this federal judge is that he stuck his nose where it didn't belong when he allowed the recount to start early a few days ago. That should have been left to the state as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I doubt we've heard the end of the situation in Detroit. I have a feeling that the state of Michigan will be looking into that mess and I would suggest that Trump's AG, Jeff Sessions, should take a good, long look at this and similar situations on a nationwide basis as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join