It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Lawmaker Betting on Trump to Push New Concealed Carry Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
For anyone who holds a CHL this is some possibly good news. A lack of states recognizing other states licenses can be problematic unless one is diligent on checking each states rules when going coast to coast. I just hope if it comes to pass the final legislation is not typical fed fubar.
www.foxbusiness.com...

The new session of Congress doesn’t begin for a few weeks, but one Republican policymaker has already drawn up a bill that would allow people to carry a concealed handgun from one state to another.

The lawmaker behind the bill, Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC), joined the FOX Business Network’s Stuart Varney to discuss how the proposed National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill would work.

As in most things the devil is in the details... time will tell... I would hope that a national CHL where one could carry through any state regardless if they (the state) have a CHL policy.. Trump just may sign such a bill IMO. States rights and all that so if a state does not want their citizens armed fine...but do not throw me in jail because I am driving through their gun free zone of a city or a state.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Unless the Fed Admin can tie it somehow to Interstate Trade , it would be up to individual States.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Unless the Fed Admin can tie it somehow to Interstate Trade , it would be up to individual States.

Or transit... just like a country that requires a visa but you can transit without one. I have heard Trump is a strong supporter of the 2d so this or something else may come down the pike... I just hope they don't screw it up.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: Gothmog

Or transit... just like a country that requires a visa but you can transit without one. I have heard Trump is a strong supporter of the 2d so this or something else may come down the pike... I just hope they don't screw it up.

That too. Didnt think about a "transit" based clause.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually the federal govt. can mandate a federal CHL under Article 4 sec.2

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

In fact I would say having a state CHL already allows you to carry anywhere in the 50 states. The states have simply been ignoring this.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Many states already have reciprocity with other states, but I would really like to see one CHL accepted everywhere. Illinois does not recognize others states CHL, but others still honor ours.

Here is a state by state reciprocity map.

www.usacarry.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If you pass a federal background check to purchase a handgun, and pass another background check plus safety certification, why shouldn't you be able to travel with a sidearm? I know it's winter, but all this snowflake sh#t is getting retarded.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Its pretty close now...according to USA CARRY...my CPL is honored in the following states now.

Permit(s) Honored In:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

www.usacarry.com...
edit on 8-12-2016 by mysterioustranger because: add

top topics

join