It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrier Union Boss: Trump is Lying His A** Off

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
In other words , neither side is lying their a** off. We have to wait till Trump is President to see whats in em
Sounds a bit like Pee low si , huh ? Lets hope it doesnt turn out like the ACA

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Unions are not involved in company policy making

Got to disagree with that one. They are. One of the other reasons for the big get together on contract negotiation day
Shop Steward for 10 years , and I am an American .

Of course , back then , Unions were a lot different Today , it is all about money , power , and politics in the US. It used to be all about the worker and their welfare in my day. Know how many times I have witnessed an employee that got sick and couldnt work yet their bills were magically paid ?

Understood and my comment there is more about being in the board room when the big decisions about the direction of the company are meted out between Management and the Board of Directors, Unions normally enter the discussion at a much lower level once decisions have been made.

and your man that was covered $$-wise whilst off sick is something special indeed - that is what a Union is all about - unity is strength.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

And per usual politics ruined a good system.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

and your man that was covered $$-wise whilst off sick is something special indeed - that is what a Union is all about - unity is strength.

Wasnt just once , and wasnt just men....

that is what a Union is all about

Used to be....I hope it still is.That was 20+ years ago

edit on 12/8/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I have never been in a union and still had days off covered with sick leave/personal time. I did not have to pay anyone extra for that privilege. Personally I have always worked through being sick unless I had a nasty bout of diarrhea. It is easier for me to get well by just working through it.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
More incorrect accusations from the Butthurt clan.

edit on 8-12-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Well well Reldra,

was it not just the other day a member quoted and linked CNN for their thread,you answered the thread with ....

No thanks.. ?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: JinMI

Your info is a little off. The 350 is not Carrier, it's another company, Rexnord.

Jones added that Trump should also help the 350 workers at an Indianapolis plant owned by another company, Rexnord, which is also slated to move to Mexico. Workers there are also members of USW Local 1999.

800 jobs saved and 300 never leaving according to CNN

To get the higher number, Carrier and Trump are counting 300 administrative and engineering jobs at a different facility in Indianapolis that were never at risk of being shipped to Mexico.

Where did you pick up the 550 number from?

Silver lining is that 800 minimum jobs were saved.

at most just under 300 US jobs were saved.

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

a reply to: odzeandennz

He's a 'glass half full kind of guy'.

You seem like a "take the glass and smash it if you dont like it" kind of girl

No, you are incorrect.

Well I know you about as well as you know Trump so theres a good chance everything you think about him is incorrect as well

I have facts, you have nothing.

Carrier only agreed to keep the part of the plant that builds furnaces open, saving the 800 jobs in Indianapolis.

your source and words, wow

edit on 8-12-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Still butt hurt from the Trump victory I see. Yet another disparaging post of Trump with little, if any, evidence to back it up. CNN is the source, no surprise there. Posts like these remind me of zoo monkeys flinging poop. Don't worry though, 8 years are just going to fly by.

Keep on flinging that poop you've got 8 years to master the craft.

edit on 8-12-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Carrier is still shifting about 600 jobs building fan coils to Mexico sometime next year. Under the deal with Trump, Carrier only agreed to keep the part of the plant that builds furnaces open, saving the 800 jobs in Indianapolis.

So 800 job's still in the US according to Carrier.

Jones said many of the workers whose jobs may now be saved are grateful to Trump, but that some workers who are still worried about losing their jobs are angry.

So not a bad result - Trump is not the CEO of Carrier, or were you expecting Trump to act like a Dictator?
He's not even the Prez yet....but you wasted no time...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MediaCensor

Do you have another source? CNN is fake news.

It is a taped interview with the Union head. You go find your own source.

Does this Union head have a name, or is it an 'anonymous union head', who spoke on condition of anonymity?

It's CNN we're talking about...so it's an important point to clarify.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I don't think you live in the US.

Really? It's stated quite plainly he's from Fremantle, you're doing what you accuse Trump of....

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Obama doesn't live in the UK, that didn't stop him poking his nose in our Brexit referendum though did it?

The world is getting smaller by the day thanks to more integrated communications...passing comment or having an opinion is no longer reliant on geographical location.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Unions are not involved in company policy making

Got to disagree with that one. They are. One of the other reasons for the big get together on contract negotiation day
Shop Steward for 10 years , and I am an American .

Of course , back then , Unions were a lot different Today , it is all about money , power , and politics in the US. It used to be all about the worker and their welfare in my day. Know how many times I have witnessed an employee that got sick and couldnt work yet their bills were magically paid ?

Yep yep, brother. Mostly our stewards try to save some yeehaws job or get a penalty reduced because, regardless of the infraction they will have more than one one person on their end, and will bro up like a syndicate.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

What an asshole

Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

What an asshole

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If Trump saved 800 jobs, i doubt any one of those 800 would think he was an asshole.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

You don't have to crunch numbers, all you have to do is think like a businessman. Labor costs in the United States are higher than in Mexico. This makes it advantageous to move manufacturing jobs to Mexico. On the other hand, research and development, marketing, upper management, and executive functions require high levels of skill, education, and connectivity. R&D also requires state of the art equipment. These are generally better in the United States, so it makes sense to continue basing them here.

If you were running Carrier, you would build a state of the art plant in Mexico to replace the outdated one in the US, then gradually move the manufacturing jobs there to allow the job market to absorb the displaced workers. You would then upgrade your existing R&D facilities and move your administrative staff into smaller, but more luxurious offices. Apparently, this is what Carrier is doing, while sucking up to the President Elect (and getting millions in tax breaks) at the same time.

United Technologies good, Boeing Aerospace bad.
edit on 8-12-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Humorous...the guy obviously can't count. 800 jobs saved, 600 going, 300 he claims were never in jeopardy but can't factually state it...his word against trumps on that 300.

The other 350 you mention aren't even Carrier workers so scratch that one.

Then he says trump only halfway delivered. Sounds more like Jones expected Trump to do the job that Jones was actually hired to do but failed at....now he's getting backlash from the people he was supposed to save so he goes on a bitch session for PR within the union.

Anywho...keep up the good work OP....
/sarcasm
edit on 12/8/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Thats not necessarily the case DJW001.

It is by no means the case that if one was to be running Carrier, that one would wind up US manufacturing and plonk it all down in another country, Mexico or anywhere else for that matter.

One might actually be a rare thing called a patriot, who would rather the company did no business at all, than make its products anywhere else than in the US. Wouldn't that be a novel idea? Take a profit margin cut just to ensure all the wages remain paid, that the price and quality of product remains unchanged, that the manufacturing base never moves even one county over? Who ever heard of such a thing? Preposterous... except that it is PRECISELY what I would expect from any body whose opinion is worth a damn on the matter.

Those who love their capital more than their nation, the proceeds more than the individuals who produce the products sold, are not fit to clean the boots of the workers. They must not be permitted to make choices based purely on how much profit they make. There ARE greater considerations.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

One might actually be a rare thing called a patriot, who would rather the company did no business at all, than make its products anywhere else than in the US. Wouldn't that be a novel idea?

Yes it would. Both Levi's jeans and Harley Davidson made a point of it for years. They off-shore now because they couldn't compete. Levi's still makes a line of jeans in the US (using Japanese fabric). They cost about $400.

ETA: I totally agree with you, but that is no longer America's corporate culture, and consumers are more interested in buying cheap goods rather than bolstering the economy with their spending.
edit on 8-12-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join