It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Titan Season 2 Coming in 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Crunchyroll

With the January 2017 issue of Bessatsu Shonen Magazine and Attack on Titan volume 21 out in Japan this Friday, an early look has shown that the second season of the series' anime adaptation is scheduled for April 2017's spring season. A complete DVD/Blu-ray box set is advertised for March 15, 2017 and a new stage play is planned for summer 2017.

This is one of the best animes of all time. The story is frightening and engaging, the animation is top notch, and you really feel for the characters and the struggles they face as they stare down their own extinction.

There are very few anime that I find so compelling and engaging. This one is among the top 5 best anime out there. It is NOT for the faint of heart.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Wow,

I didn't know that anyone else felt that way about Attack on Titan. That anime really jacked me up. I wasn't expecting what it would do to me.

The hopelesness faced by the heoroes of the story is what makes it. You really feel their successes and failures.

Probably my all-time favorite Japanese series next to Berserk!.

edit on 8-12-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

I made the mistake of watching it in English first.

That was awful.

In Japanese with English subs is better.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

In Japanese with English subs is better.

Totally. Some times I slack on that, But not on Attack on Titan. Thanks for the heads-up.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

Normally I wouldn't have posted about a show having a second season, but this one people have been waiting for for a LONG time.

The 1st season ended in 2014.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
FINALLY! It only took like 3 or four years, jeez. Im one of those who prefers to hear it in English regardless how bad it sounds. I want to understand every word!

I have not watched it again since the year it released. Did they kill the female Titan in the end or capture her, I cant remember. I do remember it was one of their classmates though. Oh wait, she became encased in something right??

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I think the female Titan got away.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I used to love manga years and years ago and I stopped watching it as years went by,then this anime came out and I give it a go and was hooked even at my age lol
Been waiting a while for season 2 and I can't wait.
Btw have you seen the movie ? I quite enjoyed that too.

edit on 8-12-2016 by darknewt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I caught a glimpse of AoT clips on YouTube... I was hooked after finding and watching a full episode or two.

So I read ahead in the manga, and know the current storyline and characters...

Wanna know what happens?

Just kidding about spoiling.
A friend of mine is into playing the new game on Xbox One, and I have to bite my lip to keep from telling him who all dies and other plot elements/twists.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

If Bleach ever makes a comeback it will already be ruined for me since I have read the manga since the end of the anime.

top topics

join