It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange is ongoing at Antarctica.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
If a part of Antartica breaks off the water levels around the world will rise dramatically. How dramatic? Islands disappearing and some nations losing part of their lands to water. How significant? Death in the millions.

I'm trying to imagine "millions" of people just sitting around for decades as the sea levels rise by a few centimeters a year until they are eventually killed or washed away. That would be quite a sight and a sad statement about the intelligence of those doing this. While all the other animals move and adapt over time, these "millions" would not have the sense to save themselves?

You do understand you are talking about at most and at the very worst a few inches a year, right?
edit on 12/18/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I haven't been following this thread, but might I jump in here to point out that ice has a larger volume per mass than water? Melting ice decreases water levels.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
I haven't been following this thread, but might I jump in here to point out that ice has a larger volume per mass than water? Melting ice decreases water levels.

True.

But if the ice comes from a glacier 20 miles inland and thus far has not been in the ocean at all - but will slide into the ocean once it fully breaks off - we have a very large problem.

And that is exactly what is happening right now in Antarctica.
edit on 12/18/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
If a part of Antartica breaks off the water levels around the world will rise dramatically. How dramatic? Islands disappearing and some nations losing part of their lands to water. How significant? Death in the millions.

I'm trying to imagine "millions" of people just sitting around for decades as the sea levels rise by a few centimeters a year until they are eventually killed or washed away. That would be quite a sight and a sad statement about the intelligence of those doing this. While all the other animals move and adapt over time, these "millions" would not have the sense to save themselves?

You do understand you are talking about at most and at the very worst a few inches a year, right?

What I don't understand is why insurance companies have not factored this in. Cities near the ocean will be underwater overnight! do they not know this?

If it was proven that the ocean was rising quickly, insurance companies will know. The Insurance cost will price people out of their homes near the ocean before the ocean ever gets to their home. 

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Unless it is such a vast event then they can say it's an act of god and not have to pay out anything.

Ask others who have had this exact thing happen to them.

Or it's so vast an issue that it would bankrupt them and they still win.
edit on 18-12-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: DeathSlayer

And why the *hell* was 86 year old Buzz Aldrin just evacuated from Antarctica?

Can anyone give me one valid reason that an 86 year old ex-astronaut would be at the South Pole?

This makes absolutely *no* sense to me...

He apparently sent a Tweet from Antarctica, to the effect of

"We are all in danger. It is evil itself."

which was subsequently deleted. Can anyone verify this story as to it's truth and authenticity? Thank you.

Never mind: The tweet itself appears to be a hoax, but what isn't a hoax is that he was down there to begin with or that John Jerry recently visited there.

Apparently the US military once took a beating down there as well and had to high tail it out of there.

edit on 19-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

unfortunately a few inches is all it takes for some island nations to disappear.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

And why the *hell* was 86 year old Buzz Aldrin just evacuated from Antarctica?

Can anyone give me one valid reason that an 86 year old ex-astronaut would be at the South Pole?

This makes absolutely *no* sense to me...

BUZZ was there as part of a Tour Group...

"Aldrin was visiting the region with a tour group. He was taken to a hospital in Christchurch, New Zealand, where he spent a week recovering from congestion in his lungs. His manager described the evacuation as "grueling" at the time, but noted that Aldrin was in good spirits as his body responded well to antibiotics."

Source: www.washingtonpost.com... ?utm_term=.4d97565348c6

He's recovered now.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ah....thanks for posting that.

Still going on tours to the south pole at 86 years old?!

Wow...I can only pray that I even live that long let alone have the vigor & desire to do something as cool as that.

My hat's off to you Mr. Aldrin...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I don't buy the cover story but 55 scientists from 30 countries will be exploring the ocean around Antarctica, in an expedition first. They say they will be studying climate change and pollution. (Ahem, cough, cough!)

There's been a lot of interest in Antarctica of late! That I will agree on.

USA Today

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

The mission is organized by the newly formed Swiss Polar Institute, a group of scientific institutions and universities based in Lausanne, Switzerland.

That is a bit suspicious to have a new institute organize such a large and expensive mission, so I had a look at the website and tried to find a list of who was going....

Selected projects

This is what I got:
Error 404: Page not found
edit on 22/12/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

It looks like a bad link or is it possible one has to be logged into the website to view the list of selected projects? I don't know.

The last time that particular page was updated was 4-18-2016.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is not really related to "current" events in Antarctica, but interesting nontheless:

usahitman.com...

In 1978, Jimmy Graham went to Antarctica to work as a survival instructor. A couple of months later he was medically evacuated from that frozen zone. The keen climber and family man had become suddenly – and severely – mentally ill. What happened? This is the question that his daughter, Juliet Lamont, tries to answer in The Snowman, her first feature-length film. Scottish-born Jimmy says that the CIA was behind his mental collapse. He believes he stumbled upon something top secret in the frozen wilderness – and that the CIA responded by giving him a “chemical lobotomy”. As Lamont discovers, it’s one of several plausible theories.

The website links to: www.smh.com.au...

Which seems to be an empty page. Apparently you need an Australian IP adress to watch the full docu. Altough it's not releated to current events, I assume, I think any new information regarding antartica will be appreciated by some.

Are there any aussie ATS'ers here who have access to said documentary? It's really hard to find information on it.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

True.

But if the ice comes from a glacier 20 miles inland and thus far has not been in the ocean at all - but will slide into the ocean once it fully breaks off - we have a very large problem.

And that is exactly what is happening right now in Antarctica.

Even if it was directly in the Ocean, the extra ice mass of an Iceberg above the water, would still raise water levels.

The assumption it would lower water levels is that the entire thing is submerged.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
so here is something fairly intresting,
I'm currently searching wikileaks, and there is this memo talking about radioactive crushed rock being shipped from Antartica headed for California, this was back in 1978.

I can't seem to find a way to open it tho.
https://__._/plusd/cables/P780005-1352_d.html
edit on 5-1-2017 by Belgianbeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
"Dear Cheryl

Im just back (yesterday)from a wonderful trip to Antartica and off to India Friday.Back on March 6 and off on the 9thto
Florida and then NYC ,DC and Qatar.This is not great scheduling!

Please give my regards to Secretary Clinton.

Are you still handling Haiti matters in addition to all the rest of your work?

Best regards

Henry

"

This is dated from 2010, at first I thought this was a personal trip, but sounds more like a business trip, Qatar?
So what business does Antarctica have lol?
edit on 5-1-2017 by Belgianbeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have always been fascinated with the hollow earth theory. If you look through history, many cultures have spoken about an advanced civilisation living inside the earth. And I guess that would explain how ufos get here

Saying that, I am just fascinated with the theory. Is it true? I doubt it very much
But I hope I am wrong

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
I have always been fascinated with the hollow earth theory.

It's not a theory. It's science fiction. Of the sort that used to be called 'pulp'.

We covered it about page 4 in the thread. And in countless others.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Why don't you join up with a expedition to the South Pole and find out for yourself?

icetrek.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: glowdog
is buzz aldrins tweet real or not ? lol sorry for asking

The person who screen grabbed it saw it on the correct accout other then that I wouldn't know.

That does not proof much. "A person saw it". To me it sounds like someone who follows mysterious antartica stories a lot who heard buzz was leaving antartica and with a slight imagination decided to photoshop a tweet from aldrin saying "we are all in danger, its pure evil" then post it online and add to the mystifying mystery that the tweet disappeared and like someone pointed out already the tweet was missing a time stamp.

You mention that you are familiar with that person because you have known him because he always posts in a forum. Which forum/site is that?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join