It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought I'd join well I still can! Also a bit concerned!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hello ATS,
I have finally said enough is enough and decided to join (longtime lurker). First time joining a forum so bare with me, so bare with me.

First off I will introduce myself. I am a 21 year old from a small town in central Minnesota. Before you think "great some punk kid" well that is not the case at all. I have a have a magnitude of hobby's to name a few, hunting/fishing, weightlifting, inventing or modifying just about anything I can get my hands on, and anything with a motor that I can drive/jump/race. I'v never had any social media accounts or anything like that, hell I didn't have internet till I was in grade 10. I say that like its strange, but to my generation that is unheard of to them.

Growing up as a kid I was always considered a "loner" by my classmates and teachers. Never bothered me though as it was by my choice. I was the kid in the front row with his assignments and notes covered in doodles,crazy patterns,and puzzles. I can count all of my friends throughout my school career on one hand. I'm extremely thankful that one of those friends is still by my side even thou we grew distant in High school. High school was kinda rough for me, not because I was a funny looking guy or got bullied but because I just saw the world different guess. I did meet a very cute girl in 9th grade which made school tolerable. We ended up being in a serious relationship for five years before she decided to leave (2 months before we were about to get a house and settle down) She decided she wanted to be like all the other girls and, party,do drugs, sending nude pics on snap chat to people I know... It "was" love... although the feeling has not gone anywhere. For once I had someone I was comfortable sharing my thoughts. Someone that didn't think I was weird for spending the majority of my time out school with my father. My generation is really starting to lack all morels. I could go on for ever about this but that's for a different thread

My father is and always was the most influential person in my life. In fact he is the reason I know of ATS. He does not have an account but has been lurking daily for 10 years. Funny I wonder if he will read this? My father raised me a lot different then others, he has opened my eyes to the world like no one else could. He told me things that other parents would hide from their kids. He let me be independent, I use to bike across town at the age of 5 when most parents hardly let them outside at the age of 5. He taught me life skills and how to work physically and mentally. My generation is really lacking a thing called "WORK ETHICS". I have only told him I was bored once in my life and his response was "boredom is just an excuse of a lazy mind". I took those words to heart and it has forced me to always stay busy, either by physical work or just thinking of new ideas.

My father told me to question everything, the last few months I have noticed myself questioning a lot more, mostly about the human race as we know it in 2016. Governments all around the world are failing. Prime minsters are resigning. The rich are getting richer and the middle class is diminishing, civil unrest on every part of the globe. Its SICKING , the amount of # that's unraveling daily. A lot of conspiracy theories are looking more true then ever before. Anyone ever watched the movie Idiocracy? Its not fiction any more MC Donald's self kiosk (I know its carls jr in the movie) reality TV star for president. California fresh water crisis better just drink that Gatorade to keep those electrolytes up

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMind
Sounds a lot like myself . Brought back long past memories of High School.I was the one that set in the back and never listened nor participated . Played chess with a friend. Teachers used to notice this and would ask us questions pertaining to the lesson of the day. We always answered correctly and spot on , while continuing our chess match. I have had teachers slam their desk with their fists , and others throw erasers out the window because they never could get us on it....
Welcome

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Welcome to ats

Don't shoot down all the ladies. There will be one that will absolutely come out of nowhere and...😚

Your dad sounds like a good guy

Perhaps he does see this🤗

Edit:
"I'v never had any social media accounts or anything like that, hell I didn't have internet till I was in grade 10. I say that like its strange, but to my generation that is unheard of to them." Per you😅

That statement resonated with several ATS members just now. Giving quite a few were in our/their 40's when that happend. Some much older. You're gonna be ok here.

edit on 7-12-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Confirmed. Its clock boy.

Just kidding. I joined because the whole stars and bars fiasco had me a rage and I also said enough was enough. Plus, there are some very intelligent, critically thinking individuals on here that deserve to be reassured that their words and contributions matter.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Kia ora. Welcome to you. I look forward to new ideas .

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

We had "participation points" in every class that accounted for 25% of your final grade which is just asinine. I was an A student till the last days of the quarter when they entered those points...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Don't shoot down all the ladies. There will be one that will absolutely come out of nowhere and...😚

Haha I knew someone would say those words. The pickings are getting slimmer.
For the ladies as well, not many true gentleman around.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Hi and welcome.
Good to see that you like writing as well.
Question everything indeed!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMind

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Haha I knew someone would say those words. The pickings are getting slimmer.
For the ladies as well, not many true gentleman around.

Hang in there😊
But stick around here🤗

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMind One word of caution youngster. Most of the truth you will find in this world will demand that you believe it.
Don't .
Welcome to ATS

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Welcome Autonomous! Yes, a lot of concerning things. The reality star as president really reminds me of Idiocracy.
Excellent comparison.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: AutonomousMind One word of caution youngster. Most of the truth you will find in this world will demand that you believe it.

Truth 'believed' becomes insanity!

AutonomousMind; Perhaps someday we'll talk about the impossibility of an 'autonomous mind'. *__-
Welcome.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Welcome here. Im new too. Can anyone tell me how to post a new intro thread for myself? I dont see any buttons on chrome or safari to create a new thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindGlitch
Welcome here. Im new too. Can anyone tell me how to post a new intro thread for myself? I dont see any buttons on chrome or safari to create a new thread.

Try here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join