It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How am I supposed to stay informed? Better yet where?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am growing increasingly disheartened at the exponentially shrinking availability of factual based information in MSM. Yet still I absorb the half truths in an attempt to form some sort of picture for my self of what would seem to be an ever collapsing gate of humanity.

Despite what some would believe to be a conspiracy site, I find that ATS and a number of deep thinkers whom post factual based information shine lite on what would otherwise be a completely fragmented and or biased picture painted by the agenda in MSM or the corruption which directs them.

I ask, more so plea, to any of you whom have found a gem of unbiased truthers whom seek only to understand and discuss un-objectively the facts at hand. It is my understanding that seeking truth and justice in itself can be seen as a threat to the powers that be.

I only hope that a few of you can point me in the direction of other outlets whom you feel meet the above criteria.

If you feel posting a link violates a T.O.C. (or if it actually does, because I never bother to read them) Please feel free to PM me links or send me on a wild goose chase for something that no longer exists in our era.

I am happy or dismayed to say that ATS is one of the sites I know I can count on for people to bring forth information and discuss with the intent to find consensus. I only seek to broaden this ever so shrinking commodity.

Please without further ado, inform me of your information base, and thank you all for taking the time to do so.

P,

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

You'll find a lot of people on this site get their news from their "gut" or their neighbor.

Other than that, if it doesn't show up on Alex Jones or Reddit then it's totally fake.

Everything gets filtered into ATS, were the absolute truth pops out each and every time.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
For super true news, check the hoax bin on this site.

I've often noticed that the more real the news is and the more damaging it could be, the faster it gets put into the hoax bin.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Basically, and I mean very basic. You could start with a source of information you perhaps feel strongly about. Post it here and let the community go to work. As long as you have an open mind and a willingness to learn something, ATS is a good place to be.

You'll start to find discrepancies in articles you read and learn to cross reference them. Getting information out of watered down articles is a chore but in todays society, is a must.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ok, for probably not completely true news, but could be, depending on who ends up writing the history books:

eductate-yourself.org
rense.com
crystalinks.com
waybeforeitsnews.com
myfriendkilledbigfoot.com
realnewsfromfrealaliens.org

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Why?

Losing out on a bit of news really won't harm you. It has been over 4 years since I got rid of TV and I still get the important news. I may not hear about it right away, but I still find out usually after all the bulls#!t is sorted through. It is actually pretty convenient.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Thanks for the quick reply, I had a good chuckle at your 1st sentence.

I do visit the wars of info site that Alex runs I just wish there were more like him. Reddit I stopped frequenting due to the poor layout of the site. It seriously gives me a headache every time I view it. that coupled with the fact that its all over the place. More so than ATS's members lol.

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Ok, for probably not completely true news, but could be, depending on who ends up writing the history books:

eductate-yourself.org
rense.com
crystalinks.com
waybeforeitsnews.com
myfriendkilledbigfoot.com
realnewsfromfrealaliens.org

I will check them out! thanks a bunch!
edit on 7-12-2016 by AlongCamePaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Yeah, that's really bad advice.

Really bad.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Search for knowledge and wisdom
But .... QUESTION EVERYTHING
even me

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Why?

Losing out on a bit of news really won't harm you. It has been over 4 years since I got rid of TV and I still get the important news. I may not hear about it right away, but I still find out usually after all the bulls#!t is sorted through. It is actually pretty convenient.

Trust me when I say I try to get as much as my information as possible from off the beaten path. I do not and have not watched the news for the better part of a decade. I mostly read articles and forum information of the like. I try to keep away from the gory stuff because it honestly is designed to effect the psyche of the absorber.

But It is my civil duty to stay informed with the most factual base I can find. If not I am far worse than the sheep who willingly digest the info handed to them by MSM.
edit on 7-12-2016 by AlongCamePaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hoax bin.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Find principles of thought to use in your own thinking, like grammar, logic, and rhetoric. Recognize fallacious reasoning, be aware of cognitive biases, and most of all, be honest. The best way to stay informed is to know how to deal with information.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'll second all of that, but will add something else.

Remain reasonably stoic about the fact that you may never learn the real truth about anything. But don't ever let that stop you from trying.

Good luck in your personal journey.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I think it is important to understand that "truth" is a bad term for what you are looking for.

What you are after are facts, what you want is for reality to be described to you by journalists, reporters, commentators. A reasonable request, but one unlikely to be fulfilled.

When you search for truth however, you are searching for something subjective, not objective. For example, I believe in Jesus Christ, in God. You may not. Your truth and mine therefore, may differ. But the physical reality around both of us, the world, the universe, these things are facts that neither one of us can easily dispute, spin, or bend to our particular belief systems. They simply are what they are.

So I recommend that you search for the facts. Search for who did what, when, where, how, and why. Do not search for truth, because it comes in shades as varied as the spectrum cast by sunlight. If you want reality, search for facts instead.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The truth is grounded in facts my friend. For I have never seen a true fact that was false. I have no other way to describe the manner in which one would discern the difference.

As for the rest of you, I assure you my discerning skills are better than most. You may have read some of my work at one time or another through your favorite media source.

I just want to see what you guys feel are golden nuggets of unobjectionable information in this cesspool of disinfo of the 21st century. No lectures in discernment needed however I am always down to learn something new.

Post linky

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The truth is not grounded in facts, because the truth as people see it changes depending on the people.

Look at Global Warming for example. The vast majority of people involved with science to any significant degree, at least agree that it is happening, and most of those would suggest that our activity is a driver for it, not the only one by any means, but a significant one.

Others, perhaps not involved in the sciences to the same degree, would hold that Global Warming is not even happening at all, and others still would say that it is, but is not athropogenic in its origin.

All these things are true as far as the people who believe them would tell you. But the facts surrounding Global Warming or Climate Change if you prefer, say only precisely what they say on the matter... do you understand why there is a difference between truth and fact now?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I understand what you are trying to say and I applaud the merit TrueBrit, One person's truth is not another's when facts aren't involved. To that I will agree.

But then I'd say when there are facts involved there is only one truth. Whether or not one decides to believe a fact, and colloquy the same truth is up to them.

For instance I would express to the Global Warming non believer these facts.

1. CO2 (carbon dioxide) is a greenhouse gas which on small scale has been proven with science to directly correlate to increases in temperature and humidity.

2. It is known that the human athropogenic nature has caused carbon emissions to exceede 400ppm (Or something like that) in the atmosphere. An exponetial growth that has been recorded to have a direct impact with industrialization between the 20th and 21st century.

With these two facts known It would only be reasonable to deduce a truth with which carbon emissions would have the same effect on a larger scale i.e. earth as it would on a smaller scale i.e. a green house.

In truth the only debatable fact left would be to discern "how much" of an effect the entire process would be having on earth.

But I suppose I see things differently than others which would mean my truth would be different from there's. So what I guess im trying to say is you're right True Britt, But im right as well. Two truths coexisting at once.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Again, these days ones persons truth can differ from another persons truth, even WHEN facts are involved, available and broadly known. If the last two years have taught us anything, it is that.

All that is required, is for one persons truth to ignore or deny the facts, and the entire concept falls upon its rump. That is why the facts trump truth. I entirely agree with your logical analysis of the AGW situation by the way, and that is precisely how I arrive at my own understanding of the situation as well.

However, we both accept the scientific facts as being of a greater value than some fellow in Alaska claiming "well, its not bloody warmer here, that much is for sure... must be baloney then eh?"

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Adding to your climate statement...

The other thing to keep in mind, I think this is the most important of all things, is there are many many many variables that can change a small scale experiment/hypothesis because it was affected.

Like.. I'm going to make this part up...
3. The unforeseen fact, that the earth self corrects itself when a large volume of carbon dioxide gas (insert any gas), but this could not be detected or predicted because nothing has been seen like this before in recorded history to be examined...
/fake example

Basically, to me, everything is subjective. Which is hard to get around when dealing with government and policy etc. Especially in science...which is being furthered by the day. Things we learned in school are not taught b cause they are no longer correct. Couple that with government because they use "science" to back their policy. Then another step removed, is how that is presented, it can be used by both sides of an argument if presented correctly.

Graffik

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
You can't do this now.
Listen for echoes in the MSM stories.
They use continuity for disclosure.
Muhammad Bayyan
How do you think decided Obama got his name?
edit on 8-12-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join