It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Steel wants to accelerate investments, bring back jobs, CEO says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why do you guys respond to ATS member "Swills"? He is what he is.

I've known swills a long time.
I actually engage these types all the time and just if they keep responding with nothing I take it as the green light to post more of my researched material.

I view it as a win win for all.

nothing to shy away from.

I even get to use my list of one sided posters to test my bias against so they do have their purpose. MAking me stronger in my ability to discern truth.

It's amazing to switch sides in an argument because I side with an underdog in truth debates to always make sure I'm well rounded.. It's funny to see them confused that I am not being biased, I literally have no answer I want to get to.. But you were just arguing the other point.. Yea so what now I am arguing the counter point.

I argue against myself in arguments even with girlfriends..
Actually more guys should try that one.. Maybe..
I find it breeds more trust.

edit on 7-12-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I really hope the US economy does do really well under Trump, he may well be the kick up the ass that you need.

I bet you have a good number of citizens that are cacking their pants that they will need to get off their ass to actually contribute rather than being welfare leeches.

Just need the same to happen in the UK now...

RA

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I really hope the US economy does do really well under Trump, he may well be the kick up the ass that you need.

I bet you have a good number of citizens that are cacking their pants that they will need to get off their ass to actually contribute rather than being welfare leeches.

Just need the same to happen in the UK now...

RA

there really are not enough jobs..
At least where I live..
Every college job is filled like forever.. Engineering doctors.. But that's where I live it's probably not the same all over..
It's hard to get a fast food job, not that I ever have.. But I generally get about 50-100 aplications deep before a job sows up.. So I know anyone not trying as hard as me will take months to find work, and we don't want people to starve to death, so welfare is a good thing..

But yea it's looking like welfare might in 4-10 years have a litle downturn instead of growth.. That would be major goodness for the budget. And every person that gets off welfare and makes enough money at a job will feel better too.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: carewemust

Trump always lies his ass off so maybe this Union leader is onto something?

Dude you and a few others need to get a F******G grip.

We get it, you dont like Trump but when you come into every single thread and spew your pathological hate, even when hes done good things it just makes you lose credibility.

Your opinion might count for something if you actually look at the issue and not just go full retard on mention of his name.

This is a good thing and if your pride and Trump hate wont let you see that then maybe you should just STFU and wait for threads where showing your hate is actually justified and doesnt come across like a child throwing a tanty

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
These big corporations couldn't compete with Chinese steel products. At that level, competition is big. When you get to the price of the finished product, the cost is more even, the importers make megabucks. If they put a small tariff on imported stuff or give corporations a little tax break for investing in the US industry, it will make it more even and US products will be more competitive. Cancel the tax breaks that corporations get for moving out of this country.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
These big corporations couldn't compete with Chinese steel products. At that level, competition is big. When you get to the price of the finished product, the cost is more even, the importers make megabucks. If they put a small tariff on imported stuff or give corporations a little tax break for investing in the US industry, it will make it more even and US products will be more competitive. Cancel the tax breaks that corporations get for moving out of this country.

Quality and quantity as well as lead times are also something to greatly consider here. There has been a price paid for subpar materials.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

US steel does make some good products, any body man can tell you that Chinese fenders are not very good.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wait a minute,,,,
Big corps don't pay taxes, or so I've been told.
So why would a tax break cause them to invest in America?

Oh yeah, they do pay taxes...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Indeed. Vehicle recalls are also a good indication.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wait a minute,,,,
Big corps don't pay taxes, or so I've been told.
So why would a tax break cause them to invest in America?

Oh yeah, they do pay taxes...

Suggesting entire corporations don't pay taxes really waters down the truth. Maybe you misunderstand that it's individuals that profit, but it's purely from their rank in said Big Corps. You know, like CEOs? People don't just assume generally corporations don't pay taxes...I think it's the opposite, people assume they do...

I can't recall a single company that has ever been suggested to not pay any taxes, what I do recall is massive write-offs by entire companies that filed bankruptcies, so in effect, they paid no taxes, got bailed out, then continued to not pay taxes because they had plenty of bankruptcy money to claim.

But using these finical tools in the scope of a company is one thing very disconnected from individual CEOs(like Trump) and other business faces who have personally benefited from this tactic.

Individuals hurt this country far greater than organizations. Take Daytrading. In a nutshell, the goal is to remove assets from a stock and sell it for profit without ever intending on 'investing' in anything. You just suck marketshare directly out of the market with a straw.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why do you guys respond to ATS member "Swills"? He is what he is.

That was my feeling exactly. Stop. Feeding. This. Tro...

The day after the election, my wife's job boomed. The banks opened up the pending loans to allow phase 2 and 3 of the building projects. It's Ritz Carlton related. And the reservations for 1500$ a night condos booked out immediately. Rich people want to start spending money again.
Also, I just recently quit my job at the post office. Leaving the union. I will never join a union again. For all the good they might do, it's negated by the bad they do.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yep it is up on Drudge as we speak.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +1.55% marked its third consecutive record close, surging 297.84, or 1.6%, to finish at 19,549.62, following a fresh intraday record.

It is actually a story on Market Watch here
I can see how the would irritate the Clinton News Network.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Trump has my hopes up. Never imagined I would ever say that in this life or ANY parallel one haha..
a reply to: Reverbs

You and me both. This whole Trump thing had me kinda worried at first as well. You are right though. Hillary hell no.

It reminded me of back in the day when all I could think was we just elected an actor. What the hell is America thinking. All in all I'd say that turned out pretty well.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Funny how when people talk about lowering the corporate tax all you here from the left is how that will make the rich richer Pissing and moaning about the 1%.

That's because that is what has happened throughout history. Carrier already teabagged Trump by cutting jobs and raising prices now they will line up to get their demands fulfilled by their new boy.

Well I'm sure that the 10,000 employees that are about to go back to work can see the benefits of lowering the corporate tax

I'm all for tax breaks for companies that really need them. If a company is showing a profit without tax breaks then they don't need a tax break.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Yep it is up on Drudge as we speak.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +1.55% marked its third consecutive record close, surging 297.84, or 1.6%, to finish at 19,549.62, following a fresh intraday record.

It is actually a story on Market Watch here
I can see how the would irritate the Clinton News Network.

Right.. Contrast the coverage of the soaring stock market since November 10th, with how the MSM MORONS were covering it on the night of November 8th..immediately after Donald Trump was declared the winner:

PANIC AND FEAR ARE GRIPPING THE WORLD AS THE NEWS OF DONALD TRUMP BECOMING THE U.S. PRESIDENT RIPS APART THE FABRIC OF GLOBAL ECONOMIC SYSTEMS!!!! GOD HELP US ALLLLLL!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It's happening...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

If you want something like that to happen in the UK, you have my permission to get the hell off my island at any time, but you do not have permission to steer it further right than it already has gone. We are suffering enough under that burden as it is. Re-nationalising everything and getting private interests out of government is the way forward, not privatisation of everything, coupled with allowing big corporate entities to scam the taxpayer out of tens of billions per year.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Can you enlighten a low info country girl about something you said: "We are suffering enough under that burden as it is. Re-nationalising everything and getting private interests out of government is the way forward, not privatisation of everything, coupled with allowing big corporate entities to scam the taxpayer out of tens of billions per year. "

Is this the real impetus of the corporations coming back to the US, not just Donald and tax cuts, but they are not wanted anymore in Europe and England?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Oh, believe you me, our government here in the UK would LOVE more private investment, as would many of our people. The difference between the people and the government is, that the government are the only ones who are broadly aware that every time our government does a deal with a private organisation to supply goods, render services and so on, that our government permit the contract between themselves and that company to be so poorly worded, so badly thought out, that the company concerned can get away with whatever shoddy service it likes, as long as no one gets wind of it. Whats worse, is that many of these contracts hold that the government must pay hundreds of percent over the odds for those goods and services, for no actual reason.

In an astounding and unusual turn of events, one of the drug companies that supplies the NHS was fined a record amount for over charging the NHS by over two THOUSAND percent on some products just recently. I cannot begin to tell you how rare it is for a company doing business with our government, to be taken to task when it has done great wrong against the taxpayer. The reason it is rare is that most of the companies doing business either directly with, or in partnership with the government, are owned, part owned, or stoutly share held by members of the government, their friends, family, or members of the civil service and their attendants. Put simply, it does not look terribly good for democracy if those who are ripping off the taxpayer are the ones writing our law for us.

So rather than prevent that from becoming the case, the powers that be simply do not investigate these matters on anything like a regular basis. Even the group which owns the buildings our HMRC is run out of, overcharges for all supplies and maintenance into or for the buildings concerned by hundreds of percent, then goes ahead and puts the money it effectively scammed from our coffers, into accounts held off shore.

You could not make this stuff up.

But do not get me wrong, Britain needs business, as does Europe. What we do not need are criminals with big pockets, and there is a pretty large difference between the two. We do not need a privately run railway, or a privately run gas and electrical supply grid. We do not need private healthcare or ANY infrastructural element to be privatised, and all the ones which are currently private, need re-nationalising. However, we still need manufacturing businesses, steel works, retailers, factories and warehouses... We need business to be business, and the business of government to come without any private strings attached. Not an outlandish request, is it?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is a funny thread.
Folks seem to think the #1 goal of American businesses is to employ people.

Newsflash! They Don't Give a # about Employees! They care about 1 thing and 1 thing only....$$$. They only reason for any resurgence in Steel/Industrial production coming back to the US is for the stockholders/boardmembers to make more $$$. Period. They don't care about a middle class. They don't care about some guy who can finally get off of govt assistance in order to sweat for 10 hours a day in some god-awful hellhole of a steel plant (such a glorious job too). They care about their stock, their investments and their vested interests. Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join