It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Steel wants to accelerate investments, bring back jobs, CEO says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just this little tidbit of information.

U.S. Steel CEO: All we've been looking for is fairness US Steel CEO: All we've been looking for is fairness 8 Hours Ago | 04:56 United States Steel would like to accelerate its investments and hire back laid-off employees now that Donald Trump will be occupying the Oval Office, CEO Mario Longhi told CNBC on Wednesday.

Funny how when people talk about lowering the corporate tax all you here from the left is how that will make the rich richer Pissing and moaning about the 1%. Well I'm sure that the 10,000 employees that are about to go back to work can see the benefits of lowering the corporate tax

Kinda ironic how the economy has done nothing but improve since Trump won the election.

Will the left ever gonna stop whining and just give Trump a chance to make America great again?

At work will write more later

link

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

It should also be known that Trump hasn't even taken office yet. These things are happening just on the idea that with Trump we can do better.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
But as usual, the Steelworkers Union President is being a jerk. His candidate, Hillary Clinton lost, so he's now saying that Trump "lies his ass off".

Story: www.rawstory.com...

Edit to add: Trump is now "firing back" at the Steelworkers Union President.

money.cnn.com...

edit on 12/7/2016 by carewemust because: Trump responds to U.S. Steelworkers President.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It's embarrassing to CNN/MSNBC/CBS/ABC that the Stock Market has risen over 1,000 points since Donald Trump was elected, just based on the huge pent up potential, President Trump could release/unleash. They had brief mentions of this today. VERY brief.

The Story was on the front page of CNN.com for all of 10 minutes before being taken down. Now, it's replaced with Trump firing back at the Union Boss I alluded to in an earlier post to this thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

It should also be known that Trump hasn't even taken office yet. These things are happening just on the idea that with Trump we can do better.

That's the best effect a president can have..
IT's like I actually feel hopeful for America and #..
wtf??
lol.

Oh and I'm so blue... Bernie was my guy, but Hillary what the hell? Just no.. I would have voted for ANYONE else.. IT's not because she's a woman, it's because she's a lying POS..

Trump has my hopes up.
Never imagined I would ever say that in this life or ANY parallel one haha..

More good news.
I love it.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Fake news hard at work again lol..
People are starting to see through it.. See how it's not out right lies, but what they don't say and how they spin a positive into a negative.. Looking for anyway to show their Bias even stronger..

I wonder how long until they realize the catch phrase "Fake news" is going to backfire on them hardcore.. ??

Won't be long now haha.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
REAL Hope & Change...that's what's happening.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The words I read said "would like to" depending on how much more they can get.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

What I'm really looking forward to is CNN being marred in regulations and red-tape to the point of throwing in the towel. I'm counting on the Trump administration to make it happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Trump is used to being a business orientated CEO - Bush Snr, Puffin Billy, Bush Jr, Obama had no experience as CEO's but plenty as muppets for the globalists cause.

I have no doubt that Trump is going to make middle-class America dominant (he knows middle-class is the working backbone of American economics) and he will use his business acumen to achieve the best possible result......it's a shame that in his attempt to do so he will have spikes and blockages thrown in his path by those most opposed to all things Trump, even if he is factually and actually making things better.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My company hires an average of 1.5 persons per week for past year.
I will shocked if we do not increase to 1000 employees in one year from now.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Wait, so corporate welfare is just a myth created by the Left?

link   

Not surprising considering US Steels clamp on the market.
en.wikipedia.org...

There has been and is an increase in demand for American steel over the stuff from overseas. This could greatly improve demand also with the proposed infrastructure spending Wall Street is hedging their bets as stated in the article.

I do have a small qualm about this. I would like to see new business sprout up instead of reviving old models.

link   

Trump always lies his ass off so maybe this Union leader is onto something?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Hate to use CNN, but here is a little insight. Given his recent appointment to the EPA, I'd say this is very relevant.

As the backbone of American manufacturing, the steel industry is essential to the world's water and food supply, energy generation and national security. The U.S. military uses steel extensively, ranging from aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines to missiles, armor plate for tanks and every major military aircraft in production. There are a lot of reasons to take pride in American steel.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

"always"

Seems he told the truth about rebuilding the middle class so far..

I think Union guy is scared because democrats are easier on unions..

he's biased.. Scared of getting a bad deal, that is probably better for the workers and worse for union "leaders"

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Careful , that is exactly what we thought about Obama. Not a part of the establishment and all the great things he promised.

Sometimes it is better to look a "gift horse in the mouth"
Hope for the best , yet expect the worst. No surprises . I HATE surprises.
edit on 12/7/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Source ?
Or just another rhetoric tripe response ?
Till I get a source , I am betting on the latter.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Why do you guys respond to ATS member "Swills"? He is what he is.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Perspective. Everyone has one. I for one like to see from other points of view. Especially the ones I disagree with. Builds character (and intelligence).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join