It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Family Vacations Surpasses $85,000,000-Christmas In Hawaii Coming up, 5,000,000 $

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You're mixing apples and oranges. You are mixing "days" with "costs."

GW going down to his ranch is not the same as going to a vacation spot because the personal residence of a sitting president is protected even when the First Family is in the White House. So while there may be a bump in cost during a visit "home," it pales in comparison to the cost of a First Family going to a vacation retreat.

You also cited trips made by GW's wife but failed to include, in your calculations, Mrs. Obama's solo trips (solo including their daughters at times but without the President).

For example.... Michelle Obama, daughters to visit Liberia, Morocco and Spain

Bush's entourages were also larger.

That could be the case but you may want to show some supporting evidence for that.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The Africa trips were not vacations. Now we stomp our feet and hold our breath but, they were goodwill trips.

If Obama called his Hawaii trips goodwill trips then they wouldn't be vacations.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sigh .. guess you can't read or use google.

www.google.com... -expensive/amp/?client=safari

nymag.com...

www.google.com...

You could educate yourself or bury your head in the sand. Deny ignorance? Guess not.

a reply to: seasonal

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga. The great thing in the costs for NYC don't even include the federal costs. That is why the costs vary so much between 1-2 million per day. Yes per day. Pretty big number right? It's a real number too not like this 40% unemployment garbage that gets talked about now.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

There have been a couple numbers on that, but it will be VERY expensive

Zero evidence here. Define "very"

whether it is 1 or 2 mil a day.

I already said I don't see how it amounts to that. I've kicked around numbers including an annual salary of SS members making $200K/year and then added vehicles and equipment and I can't even come close to $1 million per day. Please don't take random statements, consider them true and run with them.

He should NOT be allowed to stay in Trump Tower. It is just nuts.

Both of those statements mean basically nothing. I've already said that I'm of the opinion that he would have been well served by taking advice and moving his operations out of Manhattan.... but to say he should "not be allowed" to stay in his home until his next home... the White House... is available is ridiculous. If you feel so strongly about that perhaps you should petition Obama to vacate the premises immediately to make room for the Trumps.

The police overtime will be astronomical in a city that is expensive to begin with.

The unfortunate thing here is something that I'd mentioned earlier in this thread. Mayor Deblasio had claimed that the cost from election day until now was $35 million but he never provided ANY supporting documentation. The Feds indicated they would reimburse the city for $7 million so nobody knows what the actual cost is. Just making claims of "astronomical" doesn't really mean all that much.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
Sigh .. guess you can't read or use google.

www.google.com... -expensive/amp/?client=safari

nymag.com...

www.google.com...

You could educate yourself or bury your head in the sand. Deny ignorance? Guess not.

a reply to: seasonal

Your links still lack the simple thing I have been asking for throughout this thread. JUSTIFY the $1 million to $2 million per day claim. Give me a rough breakdown of manpower and associated salaries.... pro-rated vehicle costs... pro-rated equipment costs.... heck... include whatever permit or "miscellaneous" costs are included in the figures. Just quoting somebody saying 'It's gonna cost a lot' does nothing to convince me.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The media never complained when Bush was on vacation.

Only when he was working.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

How many sources you want? Basic news is google away. Educate yourself. Start with Trump tower 2 million per day. You will see a breakdown of the costs. The great piece is the profit Teump will get to make by leasing out the tower to support the security staff. Pretty good racket if you can find it. But let's complain about a Obama doing what every President has done.... a reply to: eluryh22

How about we start with ONE source. One DETAILED source that breaks down the numbers.

In my line of work I approve change orders and supplemental task orders based often on Time and Material tickets.

Show me the million or two million dollars per day..... then we can talk.

Emotional responses do not adequately replace facts and figures.
edit on 7-12-2016 by eluryh22 because: Fix typo

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Yet we can pay $720 million a year because Melania wants to stay in NYC instead of the whitehouse. You buffoons only focus on the stuff that supports your viewpoints.

Oh well.. Let me get back to waiting for Trump to attack more people because he has thin skin on Twitter.

a reply to: Sublimecraft

would you mind sourcing or proving that allegation? Thank you in advance.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

How much does it cost to rent an entire floor of Trump Tower? I doubt it's a greenback per foot and I'm sure it's a large portion of the overall cost. How many SS in a detail x 2 or 3 shifts? Security for what is it 8 immediate family members + logistics and support, route planning and security every time Trump & Co. leaves the building. Lots of expenses.

I can see it easily costing a couple mil a day.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown on actual costs.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I have an idea. Vacations should be done away with for the president. They are not elected to enjoy the world but to work for the American people. I personally haven't left the country or had more than a few day getaway since 2009. Saving for my house was priority, I worked and saved.the job should be priority. If they can't go 4 years without a vacation, don't take the job. If you can't go 8, don't run for re-election. These trips are outrageous. Bush spent almost three years of an eight-year term on vacation. Wtf is that???
edit on 8-12-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

The mess that keeps on giving. Obama picked up the debt torch and said you think you can run up a credit card, watch this.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: ugmold

I would like a source on that. That's a lot of $$$.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That is a lot of dough to protect everyone under the sun, what are our options?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Unless you provide the actual debits and credits these guys will bury their head in the sand. If it fits their argument they will be outraged. If not then they will deflect. Imagine if Michelle would have wanted to stay in Trump tower. Their outrage would have been Yuge!

In fact this presents why our society is so polarized right now. Grabbing certain details of a fact or figure and trying to spin outrage from those facts drive ratings, subscriptions and outrage. Failing to report on the rest of the story like comparing vacations to other administrations. I love the finding a new metric to provide outrage (40% unemployment) and not comparing that new metric to previous administrations.

Sheep get outraged, intelligent people see the bigger picture. The problem is when a good portion of society is outraged, we continue to argue about insignificant issues rather than focus on how to truly change things.

I actually think Trump will enact some positive changes, but the bigger picture is he is a complete train wreck. I am disappointed that people continue to bicker about stupid factoids like this that have no real bearing. I bring up the costs for the NYC protection to try to highlight the double standards and wedge we are driving when focusing on this type of information.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga
how is her staying in new york generating 720 million a year? she owns the building so no gov money onrent or up keep yes secret service staff there might be a little expensive but she will not need three quarters of a billion for secruity.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33.

So you think Trump is renting two entire floors for free? You guys elected a businessman not a charitable person. Have you seen how much he charges for charitable events at his golf courses? You can't give that studf away and make a profit. You all make me laugh.

What about all the security equipment. Just establishing a security perimeter in NYC is a significant event that also spends local $'s on local PD.

You guys need actual debits and credits for that or can you add?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I want a five million dollar vacation, it would last me the rest of my life.

I may not not make it out alive,,,5M to vacation on

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

passing "stuff" to continue his campaign of destroying the Constitution and the US

You do realize that's he's almost out of office and none of this BS has happened? What do you think he's waiting to the last few weeks to start destroying everything?

I can't believe anyone still believes this BS. America is a lot better off now than at the end of the Bush administration.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Vacation days as of august, for comparisons sake, I believe Bush, 407; Obama, 125. That's telling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join