It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Family Vacations Surpasses $85,000,000-Christmas In Hawaii Coming up, 5,000,000 $

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Like a lot of things in govt, with out over sight, they get out of control.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We as a country need to stop allowing that piss-poor excuse, then.

ETA: this was a response to:

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Whichever party is in office- Dem or Rep, doesn't matter- WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR EFFING VACATIONS! No!

Eluryh22:
The problem is that they always have a built-in excuse. "The president is always working".

So if you see a president chilling on the golf course.... he's not chilling.... he's working because he's being fed information throughout the day. If you see a president hanging out with rappers in the White House.... he's not hanging out... he's working because his aides are around.

edit on 7-12-2016 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

link   
This is so much crap.

Those Secret Service get paid in-spite of where they are. The only real aircraft costs are the fuel. Air Force One costs money if it is sitting still.

The Naval Ships have to move around. That is why they have propellers. It does not matter where they are or what they are doing, they still cost the same amount.

It is not up to the President how many SS go with him or where they stay.

Yes, he may send the SS out for Chinese take away. Or should he go himself, with the big car monster and everyone else in the motorcade or is it just simpler to send someone for it.

A little rational thought please. Your country pays for this because the President must be protected. Your call. All of these security type people are being paid no matter where they are.

P

link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: LifeMode

Isn't that what Camp David is for?

Hey, good point!!!!!! What about that? Camp David isn't good enough anymore, or what? Sometimes we little people have to make vacation choices because of funding limits, right? Maybe I'd like to spend a week in the Bahamas, but I can't afford it so I have to settle for Ocean City, Maryland. They should be required to settle for Camp David if they can't afford Hawaii on their own.

When we can afford it... we go a bit farther South than you. Virginia Beach is our spot. You ever been?

We passed through Ocean City on our way home one year but it was late in the season and there really weren't any rooms available so we continued North towards home.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You do understand that prior to a Presidential visit to anywhere there is an entire team that goes out well in advance and remains on site until the trip is over, right? This is completely separate from the dedicated team that is always assigned to the daily activities of the president, first lady, their children, etc. Depending on the location, the advance team may be out there for weeks if not months.

No, it is not the same cost.

As I'd mentioned... a typical presidential retreat is to Camp David because, in part, there is already an infrastructure in place to protect the First Family there.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Give it a break? Those costs are very real. Hypocrite much?a reply to: Nickn3

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

If those costs are real... can you explain the numbers?

In this thread I've seen the accusation of protecting Trump Tower go from an unsubstantiated $1 million per day to $2 million per day.

I'm always open to be educated so if you have some data to support the claims by all means, please share with the group.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
This is so much crap.

Those Secret Service get paid in-spite of where they are. The only real aircraft costs are the fuel. Air Force One costs money if it is sitting still.

The Naval Ships have to move around. That is why they have propellers. It does not matter where they are or what they are doing, they still cost the same amount.

It is not up to the President how many SS go with him or where they stay.

Yes, he may send the SS out for Chinese take away. Or should he go himself, with the big car monster and everyone else in the motorcade or is it just simpler to send someone for it.

A little rational thought please. Your country pays for this because the President must be protected. Your call. All of these security type people are being paid no matter where they are.

P

He says he is a champion on climate change. NOT A CHAMPION taking the most expensive trip possible. Same with Al Gore. Noble Prize for climate change crap but owns several homes, SUV's,tobacco farm and a yacht. Complete BS.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

No matter what, or where it is expensive to protect the first family. I found it unbelievable that Christmas is 5mil.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Over 8 years, the cost for Obama family vacations has been about 85 million, according to the Washington Examiner

SamuelWarde.com

Last December, CBS News reported that the number of vacation days President Obama has taken since the beginning of his presidency stood at 161 days. If you add the 28 days of vacation he has taken this year his total comes to 189 days. If you add his current vacation in Martha’s Vineyard to the mix that still puts him at under 200 days so far. Even if he took every day off the rest of his term in office that would only add an additional 153 days to his total – still placing him at less than half the vacation days of he predecessor.

However his predecessor, two-term President George W. Bush, took879 days of vacation, including 77 trips to his Texas ranch according to a report by The Washington Post.

PoliticusUsa

During Bush’s second term alone, Laura Bush made five “goodwill” trips to Africa. President Bush made the trip twice during his presidency. Here is former First Lady Bush at an event the night before their trip in 2008, “Tomorrow, President Bush and I leave for what will be my fifth trip to Africa since 2001, and his second trip to Africa since 2001. I’ve seen the determination of the people across Africa — and the compassion of the people of the United States of America.”

For some odd reason, the GAO (General Accounting Office) records on the cost of the Bush family’s Africa travels seem to have vanished. The media has contacted the GAO, but no specific numbers have been provided yet. President Clinton’s Africa trip in 1998 cost taxpayers $42.8 million. George W. Bush’s two trips five and ten years later were likely more expensive.

The reality is that presidential trips are expensive. It would be fair to be opposed to all of them, but the hypocrisy of only being outraged when certain presidents travel is unacceptable. George W. Bush appears to have had himself quite a little African spending spree, but apparently cost only matters when Barack Obama is the president who is doing the traveling.

It appears the Bush's trips to Africa alone cost half of what Obama's trips over 8 years cost. There is an extra trip where Laura took her daughters on Safari. One was planned for Michelle to take her daughters, but it was cancelled.

Bush's entourages were also larger.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

We as a country need to stop allowing that piss-poor excuse, then.

ETA: this was a response to:

Whichever party is in office- Dem or Rep, doesn't matter- WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR EFFING VACATIONS! No!

Eluryh22:
The problem is that they always have a built-in excuse. "The president is always working".

So if you see a president chilling on the golf course.... he's not chilling.... he's working because he's being fed information throughout the day. If you see a president hanging out with rappers in the White House.... he's not hanging out... he's working because his aides are around.

We pay for vacations for many reasons. One is that paid vacations are included in the job. The other is they have no easy access to their own money while President, their personal credit cards get put into storage. Other travel, such as helping someone campaign, they must reimburse a good portion of it.

Also, the President is ALWAYS working. They do not have one minute where they are not working. Even during the 6 hours of sleep they may get. The President can;t just say, "Hey, VP, I have a thing on Friday, can you take my shift?" LOL. It just never ends.
edit on 7-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

African trips were not vacations, sorry try again.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

If those costs are real... can you explain the numbers?

In this thread I've seen the accusation of protecting Trump Tower go from an unsubstantiated $1 million per day to $2 million per day.

I'm always open to be educated so if you have some data to support the claims by all means, please share with the group.

There have been a couple numbers on that, but it will be VERY expensive whether it is 1 or 2 mil a day. He should NOT be allowed to stay in Trump Tower. It is just nuts.

The rent per month, for either the 1 or 2 floors SS will rent is about that. The police overtime will be astronomical in a city that is expensive to begin with.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

African trips were not vacations, sorry try again.

Laura Bush goes on 'Goodwill Tours' over and over and they are not vacations?

I can comprehend that most of Bush's 2 trips were official, but his wife?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
How many sources you want? Basic news is google away. Educate yourself. Start with Trump tower 2 million per day. You will see a breakdown of the costs. The great piece is the profit Teump will get to make by leasing out the tower to support the security staff. Pretty good racket if you can find it. But let's complain about a Obama doing what every President has done.... a reply to: eluryh22

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You just answered your own question.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

How many sources you want? Basic news is google away. Educate yourself. Start with Trump tower 2 million per day. You will see a breakdown of the costs. The great piece is the profit Teump will get to make by leasing out the tower to support the security staff. Pretty good racket if you can find it. But let's complain about a Obama doing what every President has done.... a reply to: eluryh22

I have googled, the numbers fluctuate, but are still ASTOUNDING, even the lowest estimates.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Source please.

Not a rant.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I would hope the president elect has a better use of his time than crying about SNL, Anderson Cooper, the union boss at Carrier etc. Doesn't he have another WWE person to appoint to the richest cabinet ever that is going to make life better for the working class.

It astounds me how you sheep believe his dribble. Im sure these billionaires will govern in a matter that makes lives for the common man much better right? a reply to: seasonal

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

You just answered your own question.

OK, so the Africa trips for just Laura Bush cost about as much or more than Obama has spent on vacations in 8 years.
That does not even include Bush's actual vacations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join