It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Family Vacations Surpasses $85,000,000-Christmas In Hawaii Coming up, 5,000,000 $

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
Meanwhile it is costing the Taxpayers over 2 million a day to keep the tRump Family secure, do the math on that one.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I would like a source on that. That's a lot of $$$.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Without doing any research, I can't say if this price tag (Christmas vacation) and the overall $85,000,000 aggregate amount is over the top or not. (To be candid, that number seems a bit low to me).

One of the stories that has bothered me ever since I first heard it a while ago was utilizing the "baby" Air Force One for a sight seeing excursion that had not even a "pretend" official business cover story.

Obama brings two fuel-guzzlers to serve as Air Force One in Argentina

After dancing the tango at a state dinner in Buenos Aires Wednesday night, the president and first lady Michelle Obama took their daughters aboard the government plane colloquially known as “baby” Air Force One Thursday to fly to the scenic town of Bariloche in southern Argentina. It’s a Boeing 757 used when traveling to places where the runway is too short for the primary Air Force One.

It’s common for the government to have a backup plane available when the president travels, although not often for a family sightseeing excursion.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The Trumps Thanksgiving weekend cost us $7 million. If the First Lady lives in Trump tower, not in the White House, the Trump administration will blow past the cost of protecting the Obama's within the first 100 days in office.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: daslobo

Source please.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
trump will save millions a day by getting rid of all the illegals who sucking up tax payer funded benefits.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Except when he or Melania and Baron refuse to stay in the White House... which will cost over 1 million per day.

But woohoo Trump now touts the Secret Service as an amenity at Trump Tower.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It's all found money to these politicians.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: daslobo

The Trumps Thanksgiving weekend cost us $7 million. If the First Lady lives in Trump tower, not in the White House, the Trump administration will blow past the cost of protecting the Obama's within the first 100 days in office.

Here is an idea, they should vacate and turn the White House into The Museum of Unnatural Political History and transfer living and security costs to Trump tower.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Source please.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: daslobo

Source please.

I think that daslobo may be confusing his stories. Mayor DeBlasio had "claimed" that the cost of protecting Trump and the tower from election night until present day cost a total of $35 million..... yet the Feds said they would reimburse NYC a total of $7 million.

I put claimed in quotation marks because during lunch break yesterday, the fellas and I were talking about this and we couldn't find anything, anywhere to substantiate the $35 million dollar claim.

I will say though that while I understand that Trump's home base and his campaign's infrastructure was the tower.... I think it would have been a nice gesture to find an alternate location outside of Manhattan to run his President Elect office from. There is plenty of real estate just outside Manhattan (particularly to the North and East) that could be a great compound while still being close to the city proper.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

But woohoo Trump now touts the Secret Service as an amenity at Trump Tower.

I did hear something about this on the radio this morning. I think that there may be some truth to this (meaning that from what I hear the real estate listings do mention a secret service presence). I'm not sure whether or not I mind yet as I haven't really given it too much thought.

Except when he or Melania and Baron refuse to stay in the White House...

It was relayed by the Trumps quite some time ago that they wanted their son to finish the school he currently attends. I do not place any blame on them for that.

which will cost over 1 million per day.

Hate to repeat seasonal... but... source for that? The majority of SS protection is manpower and vehicle/equipment costs on a pro-rated basis. Just kicking some numbers around and I'm having a tough time coming up with a million dollars per 24 hour cycle. I could be wrong so if you've got something, please do share.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
For all his rhetoric about taking care of poor people and global warming it does not add up. It does not matter what others have spent. He proclaims to be a champion for the less fortunate and climate change but is spending the same or more as other Presidents. Nonsense. Why not take a vacation to a cheaper destination. He is taking one of the most expensive trips possible...typical Democrat. Preach to others and do the exact opposite. Glad we are finally done with this BS.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Isn't that what Camp David is for?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I want a five million dollar vacation, it would last me the rest of my life.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Commoner, Obama can blow threw that before he is wheels down in Hawaii.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Whichever party is in office- Dem or Rep, doesn't matter- WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR EFFING VACATIONS! No!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: LifeMode

Isn't that what Camp David is for?

Hey, good point!!!!!! What about that? Camp David isn't good enough anymore, or what? Sometimes we little people have to make vacation choices because of funding limits, right? Maybe I'd like to spend a week in the Bahamas, but I can't afford it so I have to settle for Ocean City, Maryland. They should be required to settle for Camp David if they can't afford Hawaii on their own.
edit on 7-12-2016 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I used to get a paid vacation when I worked for different companies. They didn't pay the costs of my vacation though.

I think that fair is fair, if he wants to go to Hawaii at that cost, he should pay for the trip like we would have to do.

I know some big corporations do pay for their top execs vacations, maybe they should make those high paying execs actually work for their pay too.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Whichever party is in office- Dem or Rep, doesn't matter- WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR EFFING VACATIONS! No!

The problem is that they always have a built-in excuse. "The president is always working".

So if you see a president chilling on the golf course.... he's not chilling.... he's working because he's being fed information throughout the day. If you see a president hanging out with rappers in the White House.... he's not hanging out... he's working because his aides are around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join