It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McConnell: Obamacare repeal measure coming within weeks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

An Obamacare repeal resolution will be the first item the Senate votes on next year, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday, underscoring the GOP's commitment to repealing the law even as its replacement plan remains unclear.

McConnell told reporters that repealing Obamacare would be "the first item up in the new year," and the Kentucky Republican that he would like to "get Democratic cooperation" during the difficult process of replacing "a very, very controversial law."

SOURCE

This is good news on several fronts in my opinion. Repealing Obamacare was one of Trump's main campaign promises. This is a strong sign that he's keeping his promise. There is also no doubt that the U.S. Senate is fully expecting Trump to be POTUS despite the potential hurdles he still faces (recounts, Electoral College vote, etc.). This news is also a good sign concerning how Congress will work with Trump.

In related news, Trump is still standing firm on his plans for a wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

www.youtube.com...

Trump Unleashes Economic MAGA Plan

Trump is sounding more presidential all the time. He's standing firm concerning his plans for changes in the tax code among other good things.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

What number attempt will this be? 400?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
good, maybe insurance premiums will drop back down to where they were before this obamanation called obamacare was forced on us.
The ONLY reason premiums have gone up so much is because the insurance companies know that the government is footing the bill so they will be paid whatever price they set the premiums at.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Maybe... just maybe... we can make insurance optional again.

in·sur·ance
inˈSHo͝orəns/Submit
noun
a thing providing protection against a possible eventuality.
"adherence to high personal standards of conduct is excellent insurance against personal problems"

It's a gamble. It's supposed to be. The house always wins.... so why are we forced into playing?

Doctors can't over charge if the average customer can't pay. They'd go under, too.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
Can't wait to see what the Trumpies have in mind to replace it.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

What number attempt will this be? 400?

This will not be an attempt. The Rs own Capitol Hill and the White House. While the Ds have all but destroyed themselves. Now are completely insane like some of their "fans"
The Don gonna take out the Obama's legacy , like everyone else takes out the trash.He will fade into the shadows of history as being #1 on the list though. He surpassed Jimmy Carter as the worst President in the Modern Age .
Barry , is that you ?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Bad news for the millions of people who count on it, even if it's a flawed system, for their medical coverage.

But screw them, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Here are a few questions I have about Obamacare:

1. How much cross-party consultation was done prior to OC being implemented?
2. Was there a majority consensus (by politicians and voters) to have Obamacare enacted?
3. How much $$ has the enacting of Obamacare cost the taxpayer?

There are not too many pieces of active legislation that fall into the category of 'epic fail' to the point that it becomes priority #1 for a sizable portion of the population to have it repealed as the first order of business come Jan 20th?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I agree.

Massive scam that's gotten out of control.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Isn't that what Medicaid and Medicare are there for?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

No, no it isn't and if it was they wouldn't have needed Obamacare. But people who hate Obamacare then surely they also hate those two programs as well.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Bad news for the millions of people who count on it, even if it's a flawed system, for their medical coverage.

But screw them, right?

As opposed to screwing the rest of us, eh?
If there was no insurance, there would be no medical care that required insurance to afford.
Think about it.

Insurance is the problem, making insurance mandatory can't possibly solve that problem.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

So your plan is to get rid of medical insurance? Wow, you got it all figured out.

Do you know why we have insurance? Because medical costs are really, really expensive.

Taking away peoples medical coverage because Republicans don't like it is stupid. You know what happens when these people don't have medical coverage but go to the doctor anyway? Tax payers flip the bill while the person who couldn't afford the cost to begin with lose everything.

Good call.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It could be epic-- on the other hand, totally ignored.
EDIT:
It took way too long to make no sense of this.
Dead's better than here, I'm not Fred Guynne.

edit on 7-12-2016 by derfreebie because: Take That

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Most people that complain about ObamaCare do not even have ObamaCare. This is obviously a rich vs poor thing. Most people that are against ObamaCare are against welfare and other Government programs(like planned parenthood) too, it's not about the healthcare provided, it's mostly partisanship.

The most legitimate concern of ObamaCare I most commonly see are people who don't like being fined for having no insurance. I empathize with these people, but EVEN THEN, they do not have ObamaCare, and they're only against it because of a fine.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I don't trust Trump, but if he at least gets rid of the individual mandate, I will give him credit for it. But if he replaces ObamaCare with more Federalist Cronyism, then there is no point.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Only a dumbass would cancel ObamaCare plans, leaving people without insurance, without having a replacement available.

I realize that the Republicans voted 32 times to repeal ObamaCare, but now that they have a President who will sign it, let's hope that they will use common sense and patience. It's not like Trump is going to change his mind and start loving Obamacare. Although.. he did say today that him and Obama are almost best buds, all of a sudden.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

No the problem is it cost me 250 a month and im a single non parent.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think it should be phased out incrementally, but the Individual Mandate needs to go ASAP. I budget for my healthcare needs.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It would make a lot more sense to fix the medical system before forcing people into paying for something that is broken.

I never liked Trump, however, I never liked Obamacare either.
It cost me more than people realize when they hacked my hours and then eventually cut my job due to this messed up healthcare idea.

Ditch the forced healthcare until the medical system is fixed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join