It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Picks Climate Change Dissenter to Lead EPA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ok, from: www.greenpeace.org...

1. He Claimed the Science of Climate Change Is “Far From Settled”
2. He Said That if Climate “Skeptics” Can Be Prosecuted for Fraud, So Can “Alarmists”
3. He’s Campaigned Against States Complying With Obama’s Clean Power Plan

From greenpeace of all places and I actually agree with those 3 items.

I say give the man a chance. Energy independence needs to happed. In all likelihood, it will happen faster that clean energy. Let it.

Given his history with the EPA, I would say he will be in a great position to learn a few things as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: spiritualzombie

What the F is this?

Reality, welcome to it.

Do you have anything to back up the claim that he is a con man, or villain? Dumbass?

Nah, just science and truth.... nothing useful for the uneducated. Regarding the con man villain... there's of course Trump's $25 million settlement payout to the people he conned for his fraudulent university... which ironically helped keep uneducated people uneducated.

Your mere words do not qualify for science or truth. Can you provide sources to back up your claim of him being a con man, villain or dumbass?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This admin is turning into a pantheon of anti-science gods.

This isn't a good thing folks. And I voted for the guy.

Who the hell is going to be his science advisor, Andrew Wakefield?

I was going to wait 6 weeks after his inauguration before trashing the admin, but here we are.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Ok, from: www.greenpeace.org...

1. He Claimed the Science of Climate Change Is “Far From Settled”
2. He Said That if Climate “Skeptics” Can Be Prosecuted for Fraud, So Can “Alarmists”
3. He’s Campaigned Against States Complying With Obama’s Clean Power Plan

From greenpeace of all places and I actually agree with those 3 items.

I say give the man a chance. Energy independence needs to happed. In all likelihood, it will happen faster that clean energy. Let it.

Given his history with the EPA, I would say he will be in a great position to learn a few things as well.

None of those things are good things. They were not listing them as good things.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Don't be too harsh...just yet.

“Scientists continue to disagree about the degree and extent of global warming and its connection to the actions of mankind,” he wrote in National Review earlier this year. “That debate should be encouraged — in classrooms, public forums, and the halls of Congress. It should not be silenced with threats of prosecution. Dissent is not a crime.”

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Greenpeace is so anti science that they are willing to let people die to prove their point.

Science denialism isn't exclusive to republicans. Not by a long shot.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Opinion and perspective Reldra.

Ours don't match, clearly. However, I'm not seeing the gaping problem here.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I don't believe anyone should be prosecuted.

But I don't take scientific advice from lawyers.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

As stated previously, I'm not familiar with the guy and the OP did not provide much info. Doing a little research and sharing the findings is all.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Don't be too harsh...just yet.

“Scientists continue to disagree about the degree and extent of global warming and its connection to the actions of mankind,” he wrote in National Review earlier this year. “That debate should be encouraged — in classrooms, public forums, and the halls of Congress. It should not be silenced with threats of prosecution. Dissent is not a crime.”

www.nytimes.com...

“It’s a safe assumption that Pruitt could be the most hostile E.P.A. administrator toward clean air and safe drinking water in history,” he added.

From the same article.

I don't believe anyone should be prosecuted just for spouting nonsense, unless you are a teacher, a government official, someone that could cause people to believe idiocy intentionally and for their own gain...and his buddies will want less regulations when we need more.

edit on 7-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That is their hyperbolic opinion. I chose those sites to get the "dirty stuff" as they are the most prolific on this so far.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Let's relax the guy hasn't even done anything yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The EPA is a joke and pretty much always have been. I'm not privy to that fact but all they can do is slap some fines on companies that make money by paying those instead of following regulation.

This doesn't change to much.
edit on 7-12-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, the President-elect is an insult to intelligence which is why his strongest supporters are the uneducated. Trust me, I know I'm not opening any minds. Trump is a vote for full retard... I just might point it out once in awhile.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Trump is just simply paving the way for all his corporate pals.

Why this is surprising to anyone is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: ugmold
Drain the swamp into a Cesspool. Only one of many horrible choices, Mnuchin, Linda McMahon, DeVos, Mattis, Sessions, Palin has to be next.

Do not say her name. I will have nightmares.

Yeah , the far left lunacy being put to rest. Once and for all. Even cost Hillary the Presidency , as that was the only constituency the DNC went for.

Oh , must add

Lunacy
extreme folly or eccentricity.

Constituency
a body of voters in a specified area who elect a representative to a legislative body.
Defs by Google

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

No surprising to anyone. Predictably repugnant. That was his platform all along right? "Vote for me- worst ideas ever- piss everyone off- throw the country in the sh#tter" Trump actually said that. I read it on twitter.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This admin is turning into a pantheon of anti-science gods.

This isn't a good thing folks. And I voted for the guy.

Who the hell is going to be his science advisor, Andrew Wakefield?

I was going to wait 6 weeks after his inauguration before trashing the admin, but here we are.

And who picks which "science" is real ? Just like fake news , awful lot of fake science out there. But ,be of good cheer , I hear there may be a Gore run again in 2020
Hate to do this to ya , but I call
"Wizard's First Rule"

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I'm sure that will be countered with attacking people's intelligence is what lost the election for the Democrats.

Instead figure out why so many Americans are so fed up and make sure that the next candidates (if you're in a state that can vote in both primaries) can appeal to the masses.

I've voted for people from both parties. A lean a little right but rarely vote for Republicans for presidents as in my lifetime most have been trash.

But I'm not going to attack the intelligence of people for not thinking like me. That's called tolerance.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: CranialSponge

No surprising to anyone. Predictably repugnant. That was his platform all along right? "Vote for me- worst ideas ever- piss everyone off- throw the country in the sh#tter" Trump actually said that. I read it on twitter.

Given that insults are the only thing you have added to your own discussion thread, I will take this all as mere projection.
You can read about it on twitter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join