It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aero India - 2005 airshow in Bangalore (Feb 5-9)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Aero India, india's air show will be held from Feb 5th to 9th.

It will be at Jakkur, Bangalore . After the sucess of Areo India's '98, 2001, 2003 it is an assured sucess.

Over 1000 foreign particapants inchuing USAF, Lockheed Martin are to take part.

The official website : www.aeroindianews.com...

www.aeroindianews.com...

It's 20km from my house, i'll surely attend.

The Indian Air Force believe it will be the world's largest airshow by 2009

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
And why does the IAF believe that??

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Stealth Spy, are you gonna take pictures when you attend? I'm sure lots of people on ATS would appreciate an airshow gallery

Also, what Russian and American aircraft will participate in the show? Will eurofighter be there as well?

[edit on 29-1-2005 by dtmfreak]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Will the F/A-22 attend? that'd be sweet
MAYBE they'll disclose some secret planes there, HAH but I doubt it...
wishful thinking on my part

If I only had the money to come...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I love going to air show. i used to go to this one up in northern ontario every year. it wasn't very big but it was good enough when i was 10.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dtmfreak
Stealth Spy, are you gonna take pictures when you attend? I'm sure lots of people on ATS would appreciate an airshow gallery

Also, what Russian and American aircraft will participate in the show? Will eurofighter be there as well?

[edit on 29-1-2005 by dtmfreak]

Ball$ to fotos !!..we want videos!!!
I'll try and attend too..but most likely not..

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Aero India 2003 may be a preview .

Check out this ultra cool link

www.bharat-rakshak.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
F-22 / F-16 are not there in the show.. but F-15 Eagle is there besides Mirage 2000, Sukhoi, Mig Series,IL-78, LCA etc..

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hmm...what exact planes are there? bring a videocam if they decide to do a super cobra again

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The super cobra move has been hyped about too much ..whats more fun to see, is the MKI fly by at speeds as low as 190 kph...thats just too cool..

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I always attend the Miramar airshow, billed as the world's largest military airshow. I have tons of pics if anyone's interested.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here are some select photos I posted in another forum.

Mods, feel free to edit post if it takes up too much bandwidth

====

Aero India 2005, a five-day international aerospace and defence exposition, will started Feb 9 at the Yelahanka Indian Air Force (IAF) base, outside Bangalore.

One of the largest air shows in Asia hosted by the fourth-largest flying air force in the world, the fifth edition of Aero India will see global aerospace and aviation firms at full throttle to showcase their aircraft, hi-tech products and technologies for lucrative deals and collaborative ventures with their Indian counterparts.

About 325 leading aerospace and aviation firms, including 100 from India, and high-level delegations from 45 countries are participating in the biennial event.

This year's show is especially spectactular for military enthusiests for three reasons:
The first, the world is India's oyster when it comes to defense purchases and cooperation. The scale of any Indian purchase makes for incredibly heated competition for companies.

Secondly, Indian defense industry has really come of age in a big way this last year: in aviation alone with HAL Dhruv helicopter, Sitara IJT (Intermediate Jet Trainer), Indian built Su-30MKIs being inducted, and a whole host of indigenous upgrades and souping up of its entire fleet. AeroIndia 2005 is where India will show off her defense prowess.

Thirdly, what also has come of age is the civvie Indian defense enthusiast, who actually rented a stall in Aero India, and who have sent squads of aviation photographers to document every trivial bit of triva about the Indian airforce on display. This makes for some stunning photographs of some of the worlds most unique advanced aircraft and technologies.

This thread shows the first photos from the preparation for and the first & second days of Aero India 2005. Many more photos will come out in the next coming days, and I'll bring them to you.

-Raj

===

img80.exs.cx...
^ Two USAF F-15 Eagles and a KC135 Tanker arrived for the Static display for the Aero India Airshow, undertook the oppurtinity for an impromptu flyby display before landing at the airfield.

img80.exs.cx...
^ The Indian built Su-30MKI Mk3 hovers over a ground crewman like a Bird of Prey

img80.exs.cx...
^ Two Doriner Do-228 and an An-32 Sutlej fly in the Small Boy formation during the Inaguration day flypast

img80.exs.cx...
^ A sight to behold! A Tupolev 142 Albatross of the Indian Navy carries out a flyby after taking off from Arakonam

img80.exs.cx...
^ Sukhoi 30 MKI SB-035 is another of the No.30 Squadron's aircraft at display

img80.exs.cx...
^ HAL Chetan in an interesting scheme. The Chetan is a new helicopter in the HAL Chetak airfame. Re-engined with the high-power engine, and state-of-the-art avionics, composites and digital displays from the India's HAL Dhruv ALH (Advanced Light Helicopter), the Chetak recently set several high-altitude flight, operating and rescure records, some broken the next week by the Dhruv itself. All of the IAF's 300 Chetaks will be upgraded to Chetans

img80.exs.cx...
^ An IAF BAe Canberra getting moved to its static display. Only two of the utterly beautiful (imho
) and much loved Canberras are still in active service with the IAF, performing ELINT duties, their bombing role supplanted by multi-role attack aircraft

img80.exs.cx...
^ Like the Chetan upgrade for the Chetak, the Cheetal seen above is a re-engine of the venerable Cheeta helicopter with the Dhruv's M333 engine. All light and medium helicopters of the IAF are being standardized to the engine

img165.exs.cx...
^ Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL)'s Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT). The IJT was an offshoot of the LCA program

img165.exs.cx...
^ IAF Mirage 2000 on the static display

img165.exs.cx...
^ A HAL Dhruv of the Sarang team in flight

img165.exs.cx...

img165.exs.cx...

img165.exs.cx...
^ The Tejas LCA flyby

img191.exs.cx...
^ The Kamov 31 AEW helicopter of the Indian Navy during the airshow

img165.exs.cx...
^ Sukhoi-30MKI of the No.30 Squadron Rhinos takes off for a flying display

img165.exs.cx...
^ The Sukhoi-30 from the Rhinos does a breakway from the crowd

img165.exs.cx...
^ HALs civvie Dhruv ALH does a power run

img165.exs.cx...
^ Another Sarang pic

There are some nice news photographs I can post as well

[edit on 11-2-2005 by rajkhalsa2004]

Edited: photos TOO LARGE. Code changed to direct link.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

^ The IAF Surya Kiran ("Sun Ray") aerobatics team does a flypast. The Surya Kiran aerobatic team flies the HAL Kiran.

^ Surya Kiran

^ Surya Kiran

^ IAF Mirage-2000s tanking with IL-78 Midas tanker, demonstrating HAL's customizing the Midas to take non-Russian-origin aircraft

^ Cheifs of the three services enjoying the display

^ HAL Tejas (Light Combat Aircraft) sporting a tricolor underneath the wings do a flypast

^ HAL Dhruv Sarang aerobatics team

^ Sarang

^ Sarang

^ Overview of the American section

^ Crowds view aircraft on static display

^ IAF Sea Harrier takes off from the vantage point of an F-15E

^ Russias MiG-29M2, the latest version of the Fulcrum in the running for the MRCA tender shows off some moves to the spectators

^ Isreali booth

^ USAF personnel sit in the shade under a Orion. A purchise of a P3-J model will likely be announced during Aero India.

^ IAF airmen check out an F-15E. The F-15 is in the running for the MRCA tender.

^ Overview of the Russian booths.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
good stuff rajkhalsa...

nice selection..

Soem pics didnt load though..

EDIT: Okay can see them all now..

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
cool raj, you posted these before, i could.
i infact attended the show and the exhibition. it was cooler than the pics.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
India wooed global aerospace firms to “outsource” aeronautical products from its industry at the Aero India air show that concluded on Sunday, while the nearly $2 billion deals announced in the five-day event showed the country was not just a huge market for military aircraft but also civil air transport.

The largest ever American aircraft industry delegation took part in the show, while its biggest civil aircraft maker Boeing Corp announced a $1.26 billion order to sell 20 passenger jets to Spicejet Airline, to make its first foray into the fast growing budget carrier market in India.

Boeing and Airbus Industries are bullish on growth in India’s passenger airline market that is expected to buy at least 100 jets in two years.

Lockheed Martin made its pitch at the event to hardsell F-16 Falcon fighter against rivals from France, Sweden and Russia to sell 125 fighter Jets to the Indian Air Force.

IAF chief air chief marshal SP Tyagi said IAF will soon sign a Rs 4,000-crore contract to buy 40 Tejas, the home-grown light combat aircraft from HAL.

www.aeroindianews.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

A U.S. defense personnel stands on the wing of a Stratotanker KC-135 as an Indian Su-30MKI takes off

Over 300 companies from 31 countries are participated in the five-day long air show which runs until Feb. 13.

Technicians work on the cockpit of a Russian MiG-29 aircraft parked on the tarmac

A general view of the US pavillion

outside...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

A U.S. defense personnel stands on the wing of a Stratotanker KC-135 as an Indian Su-30MKI takes off

Over 300 companies from 31 countries are participated in the five-day long air show which runs until Feb. 13.

Technicians work on the cockpit of a Russian MiG-29 aircraft parked on the tarmac

India to Spend up to $35 Billion on New Jets

read full story

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
cool surya kirans

another saras

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Su-30 MKI's with F-15E's

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>