It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump sold all stockholdings in June, spokesman says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So we had some "reporting" recently about Trump's conflicts of interests.

One report was about Trump's criticizing of Boeing and maybe Trumps owns stock in competitors.

Well it turns out (according to a spokesman) that Trump sold off all his stock holding in June !!

Looks like Trump was super confident of getting elected.

Donald Trump sold all stockholdings in June, spokesman says

A spokesman for Donald Trump said the president-elect sold all of his stockholdings in June, which could help him avoid potential conflicts of interest.

The announcement comes after Trump on Tuesday morning said he wants to cancel the government's order for the development of a new Air Force One, citing a $4 billion cost.

Trump had at least two brokerage accounts that held about 150 separate corporate stock and bond investments, including for companies such as Amazon, Apple, Boeing and Visa, The Wall Street Journal reported. But Trump's spokesman, Jason Miller, said those no longer represented a conflict of interest.

"The president-elect sold all of his stock back in June," he said during a phone call with reporters.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump seems like he is 'all in' on his Presidency.

I am really impressed with the moves he is making (including this one).

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Trump is for Trump and who knows what kind of totally crazy sh$t he's going to do? Liberals at work were losing their minds after they found out he was Time Magazines man of the year. Then I reminded them that back in 1938, Hitler was Time Magazines man of the year. I used Hitler in a random act of kindness. Yep, the world is totally f$cked up!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's pretty obvious that legacy is more important than wealth to him at this point in his age.

I think he wants to solidy the Trump name in history by being known as the best president ever.

His ego is actually working in our favor and I think he's going to answer to a higher calling in office.

However let's not forget the old adage, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"
edit on 7-12-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hahaha.

He had stocks in Boeing.
If he sold them the "cancel order" makes a lot of sense.

Butthurt slag.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

For a guy who still hasn't released his taxes and is a pathological liar, I'm gonna need a little more than a spokesman's word on anything.

Needs more evidence.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The stocks he held were a small part of his holdings. 10 million. He still has 80 million in hedgefunds.

It is not even possible to know if he sold the stocks, he gave a financial statement in May and doesn't have to give another until 2018.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The stocks he held were a small part of his holdings. 10 million. He still has 80 million in hedgefunds.

It is not even possible to know if he sold the stocks, he gave a financial statement in May and doesn't have to give another until 2018.

one day you will give Trump some credit.

i love your spirit.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

i love your spirit.

credit? American banks won't even give him credit, why should any of us?......you earn respect, you don't buy it

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

i love your spirit.
Oh, I'm sure Reldra gives Trump some credit already, just like I do. Likely not the same credit you give him. lol

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Trump has made many mistakes. He has learned what not to do. He might actually be good at this president thing.

Trump has lots of money, more than he ever will need. He also has quite a bit power, so he does not need to be president to gain confidence. He probably wants to gain a name in history for trying to fix this countries economy, He will probably not slack off.

Trump wants his name in history as someone who did something great, he is not going to slack off, he is going to try hard to accomplish making this country great. Before he got elected, his life would have made it into a few magazines, he would have been forgotten within twenty years after he died. But now if he does good he will be remembered for a long time. Even if he flops he will be remembered for a long time. I think he is going to try to fix the economy. If he tries hard and it still flops, he will still have a good name. I would have predicted that our economy would flop within two years if the same old same old kept going. Now I don't know.

Trumps ego and desire to be remembered as a great man will keep him on the up and up. I hope he succeeds in fixing this country for us, but I am not sure it can be done anymore, I feel it is too late.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

i love your spirit.

Ok, I like the design of the Trump Vodka bottles. Last I saw though, they were $500 on Ebay. I would like to try it.

Does that count?

eta: The empty boxes and collectible all gold covered empty bottles are about $300. At actual online liquor stores, the non gold bottle is 39.99 for 1L (surprisingly reasonable) and the bottles covered in gold up to $560.
edit on 7-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I've noticed every time Trump has done something positive and moral the Butt hurt clan jump to ASSUMPTIONS to discredit every act!
edit on 7-12-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here's a crazy, out if the box, Roswellian crashing, tin foil hat wearing, Bigfoot killed Kennedy conspiracy for you.

It's pretty far out there, so prepare yourselves.

Everyone sitting down?

Ready for this?

Maybe, just maybe the man is serious about the Presidency. MAYBE the "billionaire with the crazy hair" genuinely wants to make a difference.

Crazy right?

Is it really THAT hard to believe that a guy who could literally do whatever the hell he wanted to, decided to become President of the United States. Possibly the most thank less, scrutinized, "damned if you do, damned if you don't" jobs on the planet, and in doing so, may be doing so out of sincerity?

FULL DISCLOSURE:
I voted for the guy, and don't see eye-to-eye with him on some topics. I agree, he is not the most tactful or presidential and probably ran for President due to ego or for his spot in history, but can we at least give the guy a chance to prove himself?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

It's just speculation on my part, but I wonder if Donald Trump will use a lot of that money to contribute to medical research. If that happens, I predicted it here.

No matter what happens, I think it is fantastic that he got rid of any possible conflict of interest. It speaks volumes for his character. Has there ever been a politician on any end of the political spectrum that liquidated their investments? Ever?
He knows that he has enough to be able to not need depend on stock holdings.

It was starting to be that I wondered between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama on the '08 election if America was doomed. Things appear to have changed for the better. Mitt Romney reminds me in some ways of George Soros (with regards to how he made his money). I already wasn't impressed with the first four from President Obama.

I am starting to wonder what the popular vote will end up being for Donald Trump in 2020 if he can achieve everything he wants for America, or at least get a big chunk of it done. I'm thinking that as many as 81% of the people could vote for him, if he even achieves what he said in his 100 day plan! The 2nd biggest thing I wanted in my candidate was the ending of the TPP. That WILL bring many jobs back, atop of repealing the NAFTA agreement. For a while, things will cost a little more here, but they will be: MADE IN THE USA instead of MADE IN ~~~~ or ~~! As the economy goes back into balance with all the jobs, prices will once again lower across the board.

NAFTA from President Bush and enhanced by President Clinton gave huge tax write offs for EXPORTING jobs to corporations. President Trump is going to tax corporations that want to import goods. I think for foreign companies like Subaru, Donald will probably ask them to set up their parts manufacturing in the USA for parts for vehicles they want to sell. Companies that big could afford to provide jobs to Americans that way, and the model could be achieved across the board within 4 years.

For all the people that have doubt, just give it a wait and see. I could picture people that couldn't get a job before being able to get good jobs that pay $18+ per hour to start, and have an amazing health benefits program. I think he may force companies that sell their bulk in imported goods (Wal-Mart, etc., etc.) to pay their employees a much higher minimum wages. No more of this working at WalMart to make $9.00 an hour to start!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Trump is for Trump and who knows what kind of totally crazy sh$t he's going to do? Liberals at work were losing their minds after they found out he was Time Magazines man of the year. Then I reminded them that back in 1938, Hitler was Time Magazines man of the year. I used Hitler in a random act of kindness. Yep, the world is totally f$cked up!

You did know that type of statement has even been reproached by ALL media , right ?
Where ya been that you didnt know this ,and continue to spout it ?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

you earn respect, you don't buy it

I agree. So how about giving him time to earn respect? He hasn't even been sworn in yet, but people keep bashing his every move without actually giving Trump a chance to either hang himself or be hellof a President.

The people who are against Trump, are never going to support him no matter what he does. He could actually be the best President ever elected yet the people against him would still drag him down to their level. Pathetic really.......

top topics

join