It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

226 Christians Were Kidnapped By ISIS/Christians Raise $11 Million Dollars To Buy Their Freedom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I apologize to all for continuing being off topic.

Also while Europe was burning all pagan knowledge Islam was saving it, the reason we have Aristotle, Pythagoras, Plato etc etc still available today is that Islam studied and preserved them.

Can you point me towards a book(s) or online references so I can look more into that?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Heres a good start

Islams golden age

Its wikipedia which some people dont like but the info is there

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I'm not one of them. Wiki entries often cite their sources that one can willfully reference. Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And I would rather have a peaceful Muslim than someone like Creflo Dollar or the WBC. That logic can go both ways.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: Christosterone

Actually Islam did have a scientific renaissance and social revolution.
While Europe was in the dark ages Islam was flourishing and many advancements made in mathematics, medicine, astronomy and even social justice occurred during Islams golden age.
Also while Europe was burning all pagan knowledge Islam was saving it, the reason we have Aristotle, Pythagoras, Plato etc etc still available today is that Islam studied and preserved them.

Im no fan of Islam but credit where its due

On topic
Im torn on this, on one hand its great that 226 people were saved from torture, rape, slavery and death but on the other this will just embolden them to do the same again. The quicker these guys are wiped off the face of the earth the better

Umm actually alot of those"inventions" are nto originally their ideas. That book of 1,001 inventions is a total sham.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join