It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

226 Christians Were Kidnapped By ISIS/Christians Raise $11 Million Dollars To Buy Their Freedom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I did not hear about this story. Did you?

226 Assyrian Christians were kidnapped from their village, and held for ransom or they would be turned out into slavery. They demanded 50,000$ a piece, and a world wide fund raiser was initiated and they did raise the money.

Of course a trademark with ISIS is it's violence, and this caused an awful lot of worry and despair.

226 Christians were horribly captured by ISIS in February 2015. A story like this would normally have a horrifying end, but thanks to the work of Christians around the world, they were able to buy them all out of slavery.

The price was daunting. The terrorists demands of $50,000 a person that was very high. This would mean more than $11 million for the entire group.

Getting the ransom to the terrorist was another challenge and was very dangerous. But the hostages were released, and the terrorists are 11 million richer.

“There’s no easy way to give them money. It’s very dangerous, it’s also illegal in many countries,” Saadi said. “And the money they were asking for, no one could afford that kind of money.”

One must not forget the fact that purchasing slaves from slavery is enough. Ultimately, the slavery must be physically stopped, and usually through military means. That was what happened in 1805 when US Marines landed in North Africa and forced the Beg of Tripoli to sign a peace treaty with the US.

In the end there will have to be fight to end this sort of evil from happening. These sort of things are not compatible with a civilized society.

However, for most of us who cannot militarily invade the Muslim world right now, this is a very effective thing that can be done. Just as those who were made free thanks to your help.

shoebat.com... from-slavery/

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have seen this website before. Shoebat is a con man. However, I haven't sourced the article on the site. It could be true.

edit: I found it in Newsweek, there were 43 Assyrian hostages released in 2015 after various unnamed organizations contributed to a ransom amount that is not verified.

edit on 7-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I have seen this website before. Shoebat is a con man. However, I haven't sourced the article on the site. It could be true.

No it couldn't..
Islam is the religion of peace...
Muslims are only into charity and love....never violence...

Associated Press:
bigstory.ap.org...

-Chris
edit on 7-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I did not hear a peep about this story, nothing. I was surprised when I read it.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

No it couldn't..

Associated Press:
bigstory.ap.org...

-Chris

We are talking about ISIS here, not Islam as a whole. Your sarcasm is tiring and juvenile.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I did not hear a peep about this story, nothing. I was surprised when I read it.

ISIS takes hostages for ransom often. This was all over the mainstream media at the time.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Both of you have a valid points.

ISIS is a radical Muslim branch of the religion. Of course not all Muslims are kidnapping Christians, a very small portion are the "bad apples".

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

No it couldn't..

Associated Press:
bigstory.ap.org...

-Chris

We are talking about ISIS here, not Islam as a whole. Your sarcasm is tiring and juvenile.

What does the first "I" stand for in ISIS?

Thanks in advance..

-Chris

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone
Your not saying that all the people that Muslims are all bad, right?

I'm a logical person, and I can see the fact that there are some really bad people out in the fringes that are hell bet for leather to do as much damage as they can. It is a shame. But not all Muslims are kidnapping and doing the ISIS thing.
edit on 7-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Your not saying that all the people that Muslims are all bad, right?

I'm a logical person, and I can see the fact that there is some really bad people out in the fringes that are hell bet for leather to do as much damage as they can. It is a shame. But not all Muslims are kidnapping and doing the ISIS thing.

I would compare their ethos to Inquisiton Era Spain...

Surely there existed kind spaniards but as a whole the political system of Imperial Spain was bereft of humanity...one could correctly label their society as positively monolithic in its extreme religious sensibilities...

This is as inarguable as the sky's color or the inherent state of water at room temperature...blue & wet FYI

Spain came out of this religious epoch through an artistic and scientific renaissance brought on by social evolution...
Islamo-fascist societies never experienced such an awakening and are therefore in a societal retrograde arc...

While there are undoubtedly kind moslems in the world, their ethos (as inquisition era Spain) is long since bereft of morality and void of humanity...

Hopefully moderates will awaken and blaspheme their magic moon god and enter the 21st century with the high ideals of the west...
And gone will be the superstitions and tales of magic sky beings who instruct followers to subjugate women and punish homosexuals...

I know well their "societies" and most keyboard warriors have no context regarding who or what they are discussing when defending Islam-fascism...
Heck, most progressives can't even define nor label this religious virus correctly to begin with..

-Chris
edit on 7-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
11 million dollars richer. Imagine how many more people they can kidnap and ransom now. The kidnapping industrial complex is booming!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No no no, you have it wrong, we know Islam = ISIS just like Christianity = Creflo Dollar and all the other prosperity preachers out there. One is trying to kill you while the other is trying to steal money from you by taking advantage of your belief in Jesus.

I mean if we paint one entire religion with such a broad brush then we should do the same with all other religions, that's only fair. Christianity promotes preachers taking money out of your wallet, they're a religion of con men!
edit on 12/7/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

It is a very rewarding career, until someone says enough is enough.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

IF true a dangerous precedent - and inivitation to others .. repeat

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So will they do this every time someone is kidnapped? Sounds like a Isis might have a new hobby.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

In your little story, I would rather have the Christians that ISIS. With the Christians I still have something to put in my hat.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Sounds like some Marxist crap to me, next you'll be telling me they are too many steps behind socially and need to "make way" for the future.

I'm kidding...

I think ultimately we should embrace the "moslem" and help them see how awesome individual rights, freedoms and a good old sense of equality is for people.

I think, I'm kidding again ain't I...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
call me old fashioned, but we could have just not raised the money.

we'd be not funding a group of people doing bad things, and as a bonus we'd be ridding the world of misguided religious followers. Yeah, a few people die... but at least we aren't funding the people who will do the exact same thing again given the chance.

Heck, maybe nuke the site from orbit. Show them we're not #ing about.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

What does the first "I" stand for in ISIS?

You misunderstood the point. Reldra is clearly not saying ISIS is not associated with Islam. Hence the quote "not Islam as a whole". Meaning, ISIS is a part of Islam, but doesn't represent all of Islam.

You know.... like how as a Christian you would no doubt say about the Westboro Baptist Church. Extremeist christianity, but doesn't represent the whole of Christianity.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Actually Islam did have a scientific renaissance and social revolution.
While Europe was in the dark ages Islam was flourishing and many advancements made in mathematics, medicine, astronomy and even social justice occurred during Islams golden age.
Also while Europe was burning all pagan knowledge Islam was saving it, the reason we have Aristotle, Pythagoras, Plato etc etc still available today is that Islam studied and preserved them.

Im no fan of Islam but credit where its due

On topic
Im torn on this, on one hand its great that 226 people were saved from torture, rape, slavery and death but on the other this will just embolden them to do the same again. The quicker these guys are wiped off the face of the earth the better
edit on 7/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join