It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Furqan:Shameless attempt on deception of Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't know whether this book had been discussed before in any other threads but it's worth a topic to discuss.

In the link below that I gave you is a misleading Quran selling on Amazon.com to people around the world.Everything in the book,called "The True Furqan",is a obviously shameless attempt by someone to distort and trivialize the Quran making it somewhat of a joke.

The author of the book claims to be: "Saffee,Al-Saffee,Mahdy and Al-Mahdy",supposedly trying to disguise themselves as Imam Mahdy(The Just leader,other than Nabi Isa or Jesus,who will play a major role in the Last Days according to Muslim belief) and Imam Safee(a renown Muslim Scholar).

We do not know who the real author is and currently the book is unavailable probably due to some complains or feedbacks sent to the source.Amazing how such hate for Islam could manifest to someone actually trying to distort Islam.Total lack of intolerence and understanding.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Why is amazon pulling a book, merely because its considered offensive by some?

THe reviews on the site read

"This is the most stupid attempt by the arrogant American cowboys to fake a holy book "

"Over the centuries, the attempt to undermine the truth of the Quran were made by the Kafirs and Munaffiqun effordlessly"

"I just had "the pleasure" of reading some chapiters of the FALSE furqan & I should say that i'm happy that such a book has been published to remind humanity that "al QURAN al karim" is truly the book of ALLAH "

What the hell is this all about? Who cares if the book upsets a bunch of people, its a book, sometimes they're controversial. Even if its a bunch of anti-muslim propaganda, well, I bet they sell other controversial works of propaganda. Oh look, they do, they sell the Turner Diaries. Lets look at a review for it

"The only thing this book offers is a fictional embodiment of inconceivably naive and intellectually empty beliefs and fears"
And the only way anyone is able to say that is because they have read the book, so why pull the sale of this 'True Furqan'? And just who is anyone to say that its somehow less legitimate than any other religious book? If the author(s) claim its divinely inspired and such, how is that any different from mohammeds claim or the similar claims of the gospel editors and torah writers?

Here is a page about the book. I have not been able to read any of the book or the page, I don't know what the heck it says, i get the impression that its anti-islamic propaganda.
www.islam-exposed.org...

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The point I'm trying to bring out is why would people have such motive to even distort the beliefs of others?Isn't such attempts are shameless and intolerence of each other's beliefs?

Yes,some other books are also altered and modified to suit the needs of the author but why is people doing this?I don't think it's some kind of divine inspiration.More of hatred towards the religion.I don't think having a hatred for Islam just because some terrorist claiming to be upholding Islam and bombing buildings is the appropriate reason.

Anger nutures hatred.Hatred evolves to revenge.

P.S:The True Furqan is a distortion of the Quran and addition of christian's belief of the Holy Trinity into the introduction of each surahs(chapter).

join