It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate FAKE NEWS list of news agencies and its reporters.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The mainstream media is the primary source of the most harmful, most inaccurate news ever

Fake news stories and fake narratives put out by the mainstream media have resulted in deaths, destruction and people’s lives being ruined.
The most harmful fake news is routinely published by the mainstream media. They are the main progenitors of fake news.
– The fake news that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and that Iraq was involved in 9/11, dutifully regurgitated without question by the mainstream media, resulted in hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis, thousands of dead and injured U.S. troops, and the destabilization of an entire continent.

Isn’t it ironic how the mainstream media has the nerve to lecture everyone else about “fake news” when they are the primary source of fake news on a consistent basis stretching back years? Fake news stories and fake narratives put out by the mainstream media have resulted in deaths, destruction and people’s lives being ruined. The most harmful fake news is routinely published by the mainstream media. They are the main progenitors of fake news.
– The fake news that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and that Iraq was involved in 9/11, dutifully regurgitated without question by the mainstream media, resulted in hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis, thousands of dead and injured U.S. troops, and the destabilization of an entire continent.

– The fake news that the rebels in Syria were “moderates” who did not have jihadist sympathies and should be supported led to the destruction of Syria, Libya and the rise of ISIS. The fake news narrative that the media was balanced in its coverage of the presidential election was completely obliterated when Wikileaks emails revealed that countless mainstream media reporters were in bed with the Clinton campaign, feeding them debate questions beforehand and conspiring with Hillary’s staff to portray her in a positive light.

LINK

Check out this page, it list various reporters by name who have been using FAKE NEWS tactics throughout the 2016 presidential race.

IMO we should consider banning all news organizations that are involved with the Fake News incident.

edit on 7-12-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Juts put the main stream news on your fake news list et al. Because they been lying to us for ever, about a great_many_things.

You can listen, even research their droll, but be sure you google the issue with a coma and "controversy" before coming to their conclusion.
edit on 7-12-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They forgot to mention Alex Jones.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Can't remember the last time AJ put out a narrative that resulted in riots, wars and the deaths of thousands of people.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

This time it's a good article by Infowars and Alex Jones.

and I totally agree with them on what they write there.

as I have already written in other threads,
the real Fake News outlets are:

CNN
ABC
New York Times
Washington Post
BBC
MSNBC
Fox News
USA Today
Huffington Post

etc.

and FACTS show that they are Fake News outlets
(as the infowars article demonstrates).

--------------------------------------

what bothers me is that,
on that linked page, it is written that the US gov't wants to shut down infowars.com within 48 hours.

Is that true?

screenshot:

Link: Infowars page

edit on 7-12-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: add img

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Juts put the main stream news on your fake news list et al. Because they been lying to us for ever, about a great_many_things.

You can listen, even research their droll, but be sure you google the issue with a coma and "controversy" before coming to their[/i[] conclusion.

Let's see Drudge stands accused of purveying "fake" news and 90% of his links are to MSM sources like the NYT, WaPer and similar major sources most would consider credible. So if Drudge only conveys "fake" news, that must mean all of those soures are regular liars too. Right?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
HeywoodFloyd

I saw that as well. There is a link to a petition and some additional information on the subject matter...

This is a red level emergency. Infowars, Breitbart, the Drudge Report and other independent sources are destroying the mainstream media narrative like never before, and the establishment is getting desperate. In an effort to try and censor the liberty movement and free speech, the mainstream media is now attempting to label legitimate news sources like Infowars as "fake news" to push towards a government-led shut down of Infowars.com
more...

I am unsure if they are really being shut down or are trying to be proactive in case that is the next step...maybe someone else would be able to clarify it..

thanks, blend57

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I notice InfoWars/Alex Jones isn't on that list. Oh wait. Can't out yourself when you are being a hypocritical asshole right?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
delete
edit on 7-12-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've been wondering lately, since this "fake news" crap has surfaced, what if someone created a website called Fake News? What if they only reported the facts, but called themselves the fake news outlet? Put up some disclaimer that all the stories are "fake" would they get shut down?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Except just like everything on Infowars, he is blowing this entirely out of proportion. For one, even IF this label becomes required to be put on his site that doesn't mean the site is "banned" or "being forced to be shut down". For two, it probably isn't going to even happen. It is just in discussions but those people are all probably going to quickly realize the 1st Amendment implications and it will loose traction.

I mean that BIG sentence on Infowars "The gov't has announced they want to shut down the site" is LITERALLY a lie that is admitted to in the following sentences where he says that the government is considering having sites like Infowars put the label "Fake News" on them. He knows DAMN well that isn't shutting him down. And that's to say nothing about chances of said label even becoming a reality.

Just more click bait nonsense to get his fans riled up against the media and liberals. Sorry to see you buying into it so easily as an avowed Alex Jones disliker.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I've been wondering lately, since this "fake news" crap has surfaced, what if someone created a website called Fake News? What if they only reported the facts, but called themselves the fake news outlet? Put up some disclaimer that all the stories are "fake" would they get shut down?

NO! No one is shutting any sites down. That is a lie created by Infowars and you are buying into it hook line and sinker.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
But this goes back to people like JonStewart who would "report" the "news" and had a LOT of people claiming proudly that he was where they got their information, but when he got it wrong, instead of correcting anything, he was always "just a comedian" as a convenient excuse.

There is plenty of precendent for "fake" news on both sides, but it's only now that it appears to have bitten the left where they didn't want to be bitten that they are aggrieved and worried about it as if it is a "new" thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

yes, I've read the Infowars petition, but there is not precise information there, on this 48 hours deadline.
Could be, as you say, a pre-emptive measure.

----------------------------

on the other hand, if the US government wants to shut down Fake News outlets,
I am all for it.

They have to start closing down CNN, New York Times, and the White House:

Obama and Hillary Clinton are the biggest liars of the last 200 years.
And I agree that they need to be shut down.

HF

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You can listen, even research their droll, but be sure you google the issue with a coma and "controversy" before coming to their conclusion.

Let's see Drudge stands accused of purveying "fake" news and 90% of his links are to MSM sources like the NYT, WaPer and similar major sources most would consider credible. So if Drudge only conveys "fake" news, that must mean all of those soures are regular liars too. Right?

I don't consider any main stream source as credible. I don't trust anything they say from the magic light box.

Father, you and I both know the best lies are always mixed with a bit of truth to help deceive us. Yea also know that the MSM carries their propaganda campaigns on all sources of main stream news. You can confirm this for yourself by flipping channels between national and local channels, all of them. They all say the same s*** over and over. Besides being a good way to tell wha-what the most recent BS is, its the foundation we all need to presage our own search and discourse on the inter webs to get different takes, then make up our minds. But anything but the 70,000 google 'hits' from CNN, BBC, and top of the list results.

For instance, when I see a YouTube thats confusing on some level, I can learn more about it by reading some of the comments.

Same with here, a de facto copy of the same main stream my mom watches, I am always eager to get the opinions of others, same with other websites purveyed as links.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Is that like 'Not the Onion'? Imo, since they removed Megaupload we aren't as able to research stuff thats been removed.

I have bookmarked a bunch of YouTubes that now say, 'this video, account, user has been removed for blabla reasons, sorry about that'.

Not only are they altering the record they are censoring it and rewriting it.

I just had a conversation with another member who stated the nuclear bomb attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't sneak attacks.
edit on 7-12-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh, I fully get what you are sayiing. My apologies. For some reason, I mixed you up with another poster. So sorry!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No problem.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Greetings-

Okay Group.. I've been working on a new computer program and for those who don't have the computer camera blocked I'll be able to see You. Why did I type this? Because some of Us are aged enough to remember the first Gulf War, when Saddam was going to gas everyone, back in 90-91.. Schwarzkopf, Powell You know when Haliburton™ started their cash register. Anyways, the 'war' was actual broadcast by stations like CNN™ this is when Wolf Blitzer "made His bones"..

So.. By a show of hands, I'm not really "spying" it is just to get a show of hands (righteous voting-no cheating) I also won't type anyone what You're wearing or if You're in costume..

Ready?

Who thinks that maybe Wolf was barking up the wrong tree as was CNN™?

Heres a video to see if the "REAL NEWS" might just have the same train of thought-

www.youtube.com...

Vaya Con Dias

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I just had a conversation with another member who stated the nuclear bomb attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't sneak attacks.

They weren't sneak attacks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join