It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Fake News! No Fake News! You're The Fake News!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well they already did it . Seem to have censored / removed the thread about censoring / removing #fakenews.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmoth

hmmmm....

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I'm going to spell this out simply and you can take it for what it is worth, or ignore it. Here is what "Fake News" is all about.

Look at who is pushing the idea...the left
Look at who will be supporting the idea...liberal leaning organizations
Look who is pushing it even here on ATS...left leaning posters

Why? It is the typical liberal process:
Create a non-existant problem..."Fake News"
Define it...Dangerous lies presented as fact
Define a solution...Filter the "lies"

The truth is this is just another "Man Made Climate Change", "You're a Racist if you Disagree with Obama", etc. The left wishes to control your opinion and the opinions of others. They will call it "Fake News" even when it isn't presented on news sites...it is presented mostly on social media so they wish to filter your views and weed out those they don't want others hearing. They will employ Google and Facebook to handle the technical side...they will demonize anyone against "Fake News" (eg. differing opinions) and that sums up their plan.

Disagree? Fine! But watch it unfold. It is the typical plan of the left. Create a problem that in the process of fixing, they can manipulate and control others.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ye old problem reaction solution.

Seems Icke was right about everything all along. Let's hope This is the last gasps of their dieing order.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
to me it seems that left-right division is another trick to keep people inside the box. maybe we need to start thinking outside the box and start work together to break out of it .

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Well said, AD.

This may be an uncomfortable thread to digest for many people, but it's about time we start calling people out for believing the lies and propaganda they subject themselves to willingly.

The Right Wing is heading in a very dangerous direction, so we must say something now.

I hope you don't think you're immune or awake for spotting the most obvious flaws in this "system of things". People in this world are generally not really awake when they think they are.

Who Is the Right Leader for Today?
“Do Not Put Your Trust in Nobles”
edit on 9-12-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

How bout the Bible...I hear there is lots of fake stuff in there.

Yes. The Bible is fake news. Yet millions believe it.
Perfect example, that I was going to bring up but you beat me to it.

You all are acting like truly DEPLORABLE people - you have, for a solid month now, been running around squawking and claiming that your sites aren't the trash that they, in fact, are. Fake news is not new.

The National Enquirer has ALWAYS been known as fake news to anyone with a brain. These trash sites that you all post crap from are no different. Didn't anyone tell you you really don't know what you're talking about?

I'm finally starting to believe that our educational system is a real problem. They don't teach kids about how to think critically - and so they aren't fit for college. So they elect a man who is unfit for POTUS to be POTUS. And sadly, those kids don't get that training from their parents, either.

Perhaps there's a correlation between Bible-believers and Fake-news-believers and Trump voters....oh wait. Yes, there is.....they're the same thing. I was going to just say someone should investigate and find the numbers --- match them up. But hell, since that'd require work, I'll just proclaim that it is true.
Bible believers are gullible and easily misled by fake-news and a large proportion of them are deplorable Trump voters.

Does that make it news? It''s true, and real. It's a proven fact.
I bet you aren't even going to address the list of things that ante provided of the atrocious intentions Trump brought with him.

meh I guess there's no help for it. You all really are that deluded.

edit on 12/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Wow. That's what you think fake news is?

Makes me think some people have fake brains!

lol. Just kidding.

edit on 12/9/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You are simply pointing out the difference in educational attainment and intelligence and cautious investigation into the truth.

Liberals and the left are telling you FACTS. It's childish to dismiss something just because you don't like the messenger.
But then again, I don't believe ANYTHING Alex Jones says.

The contortions you all are going to to try to explain away your absolute willful ignorance, frothing hatred, and carefully nurtured delusions is really remarkable.

Deplorable, and remarkable.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It's. I'm finally starting to believe that our educational system is a real problem. They don't teach kids about how to think critically - and so they aren't fit for college. So they elect a man who is unfit for POTUS to be POTUS

Critical thinking is developed at the college level. High school is just memorization.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

BS!

If it isnt liberal agenda then how come over the top liberal / SJW sites like Buzzfeed, Salon, MTV etc aren't on the list?

How come its only conservative sites, and anti-SJW libertarian sites, on the list with actual FAKE news sources?

You hate Alex Jones because he is anti-establishment, or rather for the last 8 years Obama has been the public face of the NWO establishment. During Bush's years, most of the stuff he covered then you would have loved him for it, assuming you were a liberal ideologue then too.

What do you mean by "facts"?? Here's a fact: every news source 'worth its salt' in these these dark days puts a 'spin' on stories. This new "fake news" precedent is stating that if you're anti-establishment, non-liberal biased and not in cahoots with FOX/CNN/ABC/NBC/etc then you will be branded as "fake" and your livelihood put at stake along the way of weeding your perspectives out of the populace (CENSORSHIP).

How come it's only ever the liberals I see advocating / enacting / defending / etc CENSORSHIP in schools, the news, ATS, etc, etc???
edit on 9-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Man, if you are as angry as you come across on ATS you're going to have a heart attack.
Go hug a tree or play with your pet for a while.
Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

'That IIB guy opened up with "BS!". He must be angry.'

You know what, I am angry. Angry that the "liberals", whom during the past decade marched and hollered all the time about being liberators, are now marching about trying to set up a Ministry of Truth to censor free speech (in addition to other items of interest such as being the modern day Thought Police (via PC), targeting even the smallest children with ideological social engineering, and so on).
edit on 9-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes, that's my point. In every high school, though - by federal law - a student whose talents exceed the routine curriculum are put into "talented and gifted" programs, and have Individualized Educational Plans which are gone over every few months to assess the student's ability.

Not everyone is cut out for college. But good high schools will identify the brightest and best, and encourage critical thinking of those kids who are capable.

Even Plato talked about this. Some people are fit for leadership. Some are fit only to be burger filppers or grocery baggers. Some are fit to vote. Some are not, but are allowed to vote anyway.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

How come its only conservative sites, and anti-SJW libertarian sites, on the list with actual FAKE news sources?
uhh....because only conservative sites deliver FAKE NEWS? Yes. That's how come. We have comedians over here on the left. Lots of them. Clever people who 'spin' reality into something hilarious.

You all have Alex Jones.

You hate Alex Jones because he is anti-establishment,
No. I hate him because he's a belligerent, bigmouth liar.

or rather for the last 8 years Obama has been the public face of the NWO establishment. During Bush's years, most of the stuff he covered then you would have loved him for it, assuming you were a liberal ideologue then too.

How the hell do you get to tell me what I would have loved?

Jesus, just stop.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Hm. No, not everyone is fit to lead. True. But everyone is fit to vote. If you are a citizen here and you work hard flipping burgers, or whatever, you are fit to vote. You can even get assistance reading the ballet if you aren't capable of that. That's how it should be. I'm not sure what you are proposing. One citizen, one vote. Always.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Even Plato talked about this. Some people are fit for leadership. Some are fit only to be burger filppers or grocery baggers. Some are fit to vote. Some are not, but are allowed to vote anyway.

What kind of 'racist' geneticism is that!!

Sounds like more 'feeble-minded' talk like that eugenics thread that one "CB" liberal guy started the other night.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. Maybe you realize that being 'gifted' is half (or more) to do with upbringing, role models, education... where degeneracy and the mind the carefully programmed Toob would have kids here come out to be.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"Blah blah blah. Triggered crying. Blah blah blah. Feel better now "Skippy?" Lmao. Stick a tampon in it."

Wow...just wow...talk about showing your true colors for all to see:

The user name: Network Dude

You accuse of him of crying and then tell him to "stick a tampon in it"?

Sure sounds like you are implying he is a woman for crying and needs to stick a tampon in it.

Just wow.

Typical ATS BS.

Trump hater and someone who sees women as inferior and weaker, all rolled into one...the left posters should have been all over that comment.
edit on R412016-12-09T09:41:48-06:00k4112Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R482016-12-09T09:48:41-06:00k4812Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

FREE SPEECH IS NOT "NEWS"! Editorials and opinions are NOT NEWS.

Quoting what someone actually says is not even news, except insofar as whether they said it or not.
When Trump says "I lost the popular vote because of illegal voting", the story is contained in one sentence:

Trump said he lost the popular vote because of illegal voting.

That is what he said: truth.
Is what he said accurate? no.

So - the NEWS would be an investigation into whether or not his statement is true. Him saying it is not NEWS. It is a report of what he said.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Because when the GOP had their 8 years, to tear the nation apart, I was ruthless against Bush. I mean like every single day for like 3 years. And liberals loved me for it.

Now that the DNC has had their 8 years to tear our society apart, naturally I returned during the final hour to chime in.

Despite not even riding ObamaHillaryCo. all along the past 8 years (I seriously gave Obama a pass Bush never had), nope none of my previous anti-establishment work against the GOP, or for going so easy for so long on Obama is to be considered.

'This guy is anti-SJW and he must DIE!'

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join