It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Fake News! No Fake News! You're The Fake News!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yowzers! I've never seen him so triggered!

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Okay, now it's your turn! Let's see what we've got here...

Blah blah blah. Triggered crying. Blah blah blah. Feel better now "Skippy?" Lmao. Stick a tampon in it. You regularly insult people whose opinions you don't like and yet you're so deluded that you presume to take the moral high ground you? I'll tell you what I was going to say to you in another thread yesterday where you were throwing your little impotent jabs.

You might want to slow your roll a bit. It's all fun and games and high fives from the morons in the peanut gallery until I decide to gaf and run through you like a tornado through your trailer park and unlike a tornado tossing your single wide into a ditch, there won't be any emergency services showing up to drag your crumpled ego from the hole in which it lands.

I will emasculate you. You won't be able to look your family in the eyes. Metallicus won't be there to hold your hand when you're hiding out in the bathroom with big fat salty tears drip-drip-dripping down your into your neckbeard. You'd be better off skipping all this and running along. I'm sure you have plenty of other reasons to cut, you don't need me to give you any more.

edit on 7-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Quite amazed at how quickly you have descended into the depths here lately.

Funny that you seem to think Trump supporters live in trailers. I doubt many of those folks got out to vote.

I would love to see some factual evidence though. I mean you're saying that the majority of most of the state's in the US are filled with trailer parks and trailer trash rednecks....

Would it be fair to assume the majority of blue states are ghetto minorities, dirty hippies and single mom's? Oh...and illegals?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The term fake news has been thrown around so loosely lately it has become a joke. I am not sure that the people using the term the most even know what it means.

You mean like those people that throw around bigot, racist, misogynist, homophobe, and islamophobe? Those false labels, which are used out of context on a daily basis, are a large part of the reason why we won the election.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Oh my....That was good.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You owe me a new shirt...I spit my soda up all over myself laughing at the above.

Found a replacement online:

I don't have a link but I think the site was something like "Acid Washed Outfitters?"

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: BlueMule

The polls have been being treated 'like the gospel, the ultimate revelation' since at least 2008 when I started really studying them. Normally they mold how people vote and then it 'normally' all plays out in the end. This time Trump smashed thru when he wasn't 'intended' to, and all time low trust in the MSM & their polls and lookie lookie people finally voted against their mind molding dogmatic poll mongering. The MSM's Dynasty is now BUSTED.

Didn't all the primary polls consistently also predict him losing and he just kept on trouncing right past each one of them??? (I wasn't quite paying attention then, not until summer this year)

Yes. He wasn't supposed to last 6 weeks. After he made it 6 weeks the goalposts were moved to 6 months. When he made it 6 months they said he wouldn't survive past the NH primaries. When he survived the NH primaries they said he won't beat Rubio. When he beat Rubio they said he won't beat Cruz. When he beat Cruz they said he'll never, NEVER EVER EVER beat Hillary Clinton. and will most certainly never in his life ever become the president. Oh, and those polls had it wrong too, but we all knew that.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Remind me, you're from where? Sandy Springs or something? I grew up in the sticks. When Alan Jackson sings about "way down yonder by the Chattahoochee," I know precisely where he's talking about because I've hung out there too, with my friends, including his nephew.

I'm fully qualified to talk about trailer parks and rednecks. Don't get all butthurt sitting up in your suburban bubble.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Grimpachi

The best place to look for fake news at ATS is not in the hoax bin. That is too obvious.

The most prolific source in 2016 is theantediluvian in the Mud Pit.

Then rather than insult him, why don't you rebut his/her arguments?

Oh, that's right, you can't, so you'll just insult and be arrogant instead.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Remind me, you're from where? Sandy Springs or something? I grew up in the sticks. When Alan Jackson sings about "way down yonder by the Chattahoochee," I know precisely where he's talking about because I've hung out there too, with my friends, including his nephew.

I'm fully qualified to talk about trailer parks and rednecks. Don't get all butthurt sitting up in your suburban bubble.

Thats cute...I grew up on the Chattahoochee too. Fished it most every weekend as well. No butthurt here. Yep...I live in Sandy Springs in GA...one of the red states. Can't recall the last time I saw a trailer.

Then again...I actually work to live where I do and how I do and don't live off government handouts like those the blue states market to.

Anywho....I guess in direct conflict with what you call others I can't relate to a redneck that grew up in the sticks like you....how's that self hatred working out for you anyways?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

NO, they obviously believed she was going to win but clearly didn't KNOW anything seeing as Hillary lost. That's the difference between fact and conjecture. Between news and commentary.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My first double post. Growing up so fast.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I know precisely where he's talking about because I've hung out there too, with my friends, including his nephew.

Forgot to stroke your fragile ego and say Ooooo....neat...name dropping....you're sort of, but not really, famous by proxy.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
a reply to: Syphon

CNN

If Donald trump wins debate, stocks likely to tank

A Trump win would sink stocks, what about Clinton?

Trump win will cause immediate stock drops

You've only demonstrated here that you don't know the difference between a news article and an opinion piece/editorial. You don't have a problem with "fake news", you have an issue with people being wrong.

"earthquake strikes Japan" - news article

"Earthquake in Japan may spawn a economic tsunami in American Markets" - conjecture, not news. Enjoy with ample serving of salt.

"Japan earthquake actually a nuclear strike by North Korea" - Fake news

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Oh well gee what monsters. Now I see why it's ok for trumputin and his nazi thralls to stoop to such lows that they render the whole damn election meaningless.

edit on 909Wednesday000000America/ChicagoDec000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The term fake news has been thrown around so loosely lately it has become a joke. I am not sure that the people using the term the most even know what it means.

You mean like those people that throw around bigot, racist, misogynist, homophobe, and islamophobe? Those false labels, which are used out of context on a daily basis, are a large part of the reason why we won the election.

Looks like I some how triggered you with what I wrote to the point that you can't even logically address it.

Sorry, but what you wrote doesn't correlate at all to my post or the issue that the people spewing the label "fake news" the most don't seem to know what it means.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is absolutely a difference between:

1) Fake News: Demonstrably false. Outright lies.
2) Biased News: Facts are accurate, but spun, omitted, or included to advance one's political bias
3) Sensationalized News: Glaring hyperbole, alarmism, and any other trick to get people to watch, including stringing up
a fake crime scene.

All 3 do damage.

And in fact, media bias is in large part responsible for the fake news phenomenon.

People feel they can't trust the MSM (even though, by and large, they get the facts right), so they stop caring about whether the news is trustworthy at all and simply consume whatever satisfies their innate biases.

So what's the solution?

Perhaps we could reduce media bias by tightening up the laws on who can own media outlets. If you make your money on something other than producing news (for example, manufacturing consumer goods), you probably shouldn't be allowed to own a monopolistic media empire.

Still, would that eliminate bias? I think it would reduce politically motivated bias, but the bias toward sensationalism would be even more prevalent, as the mad dash for our money would be in full effect 24/7. And the things that sell are not necessarily good for our republic.

I don't have an answer.

It's all a big freakin' mess if you ask me.

All I can say with certainty is that the MSM, biased or not, is a more accurate source than any of the fake news sites, especially if a person is careful enough to compare multiple sources with conflicting biases.

Anyone who consumes fake news is just asking to be led into a tangle of lies. Of course, the problem is many will never agree their sources are fake.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

ROFLMAO! Here I thought you might be mature enough to seek help after embarrassing your self with all of the Anti Trump Mud Pit posts in hopes of swaying the election!

I guess some people NEVER learn!

Anyhow, just to give you some meat to your delusional, tribalism, I guess confirmation bias might have something to do with continuing the division created by the 1% those like you an your ilk prefer to serve?

Every think of becoming a Comedian? Because you really have a way of making me laugh!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

lol. are you saying you haven't seen a trailer park in Georgia? I grew up in sandy springs as well and I've seen plenty.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Wait, wait. You're a trump voter, and you're accusing someone of tribalistic thinking? Is that right? Please explain, because that seems rather odd to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

lol. are you saying you haven't seen a trailer park in Georgia? I grew up in sandy springs as well and I've seen plenty.

Sure I have....just not in Sandy Springs and not lately. Hell....I've seen them all over the country in my travels. To insinuate that trailer parks are where all Trump supporters come from is funny though...especially with the OP inferring he either came from one too or at least hung out with the nephew of a famous singer that came from one....

Any who, California, a super delegate and very blue state, has the largest number of mobile homes by almost double any other state. Percentage wise from population it is less than others, but with almost 13 million it definitely seems more redneck than GA according to the OP standards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join