It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Fake News! No Fake News! You're The Fake News!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Watch a years worth of election coverage, then tell us who the "fake" news outlets are.

The major media started this fake news fiasco the day after Trump's victory. Coincidence? Or maybe they finally realized they lost the power to influence and sway public opinion.

Fake news is a desperate narrative from a dying liberal media.

edit on 7-12-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Of course there are tons of fake news stories... the point is,... people with common sense do not need them pointed out... they already know they are fake as soon as they see it.

That's demonstrably false. The popularity of fake news stories like that one is evidence that a lot of people couldn't smell bulls# if a bull sat on their face.

Forgotten how up til around 8pm on Nov 8, CNN claimed Hillary had it in the bag,,they had their polls to back them up,,, no point in voting.. she was going to win by a landslide.

How many millions of times has the exact same thing been said in the last few weeks?

Trump's internal polling showed him losing right up until then as well.

So because polling has its flaws, anyone who predicted a Trump defeat is on par folks who make clickbait fake news stories? You're big on "common sense" apparently — does that make any sense at all?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
1.mainstream media does not have journalists it has celebrities
2.There hasnt been a significant real war correspondent that has gotten much airtime since Kosovo
3.its well documented on this site intelligence agencies and the Pentagon give them all the same script.
4.they do not report news they report opinion and formulate narratives.

The good new is many now know they are full of bs,but will they change no they have been repeating the same drivel
for so long they believe their own bs and will repeat it ad infinitum until flushed round the s bend.CNN in particular is about the same standard as the tabloid press at the moment now there are two posters on this site who are so brainwashed they will stay with the msm and its faux and diversionary distractions I dont care about lbgt,global warming,the constant fear mongering about people with exploding shoes or underpants or the any of it,there are far more grim and important issues at hand such as moral degredation,youth unemployment,decaying infrastructure,wasted trillions,poisoned food and water supplies etc etc....and for that you need social and alternative media.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This has been obvious to me for a while. Though pointing it out only just makes them double down against you. So I've decided to just let this idiocy play its course. The conservatives all high on life right now have all forgotten that politics is cyclical in this country and things won't be like this forever.

On the contrary. We've spent 8 years telling you guys that very thing. What y'all failed to understand, we understood, and still understand.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: introvert
Well said, AD.

This may be an uncomfortable thread to digest for many people, but it's about time we start calling people out for believing the lies and propaganda they subject themselves to willingly.

The Right Wing is heading in a very dangerous direction, so we must say something now.

What is the difference between fake news and super biased news that leaves out key information to make a story fit a narrative?

I don't see one, they are both fake and dangerous.

If you need a specific reference:

m.washingtontimes.com...

I think the point is to not blindly believe sources because it fits your own political bias.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

A number of us were talking about "fake news" way before it became a buzzword. If your ego is too fragile or your partisan programming is too strong, then call it something else. Do like IIB and pretend your the victim of a Clinton plot if that will get it through your political filters.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The rigged polls are the bedrock of todays ELECTIONEERING Psychological Warfare (PSYOP) orchestration. This is primarily the domain of the MSM. Election "Rigging" begins with them. They pull out their bogus polls, and then say things like "see-see-SEE Ron Paul is NOT polling and he's an unelectable crank anyways so don't waste you vote at the Primary". Then if the outsider manages to beat the Primaries PSYOP like Trump did then out comes the the billyclub: "Crank" becomes "Authoritarian". "Unlectable" becomes 'he's Hitler reincarnated'.

And you're smart enough to know all this already, yet you push on like this nurturing and being an apologist for these Orwellian Double Nuspeak media manipulation and electioneering type practices. Or are you not smart enough to see it?

edit on 7-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This entire thread was made through a political filter.

If you want to talk about fake news before it became a buzzword, you should probably look at all the polls and anti-Trump hit pieces you posted from NYT, CNN and Buzzfeed.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

A number of us were talking about "fake news" way before it became a buzzword.

And I was only ever joking about you working in the CTR office.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The term fake news has been thrown around so loosely lately it has become a joke. I am not sure that the people using the term the most even know what it means.

Fake news, there are plenty of real examples in the hoax bin here.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

I'm seeing a lot of this. "They were wrong about the election, so they are fake news".

Wrong news is wrong. Not fake.

Fake news is not even wrong.

Everyone is wrong once in a while. Doesn't make them fake.

I'm disappointed that the right-wing is unable to elevate these simple realizations to a level above the lowest common denominator.

But I've been disappointed by the right-wing since that windbag Rush first started blowing.

edit on 829Wednesday000000America/ChicagoDec000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
People get all fuzzy and warm when they read something that reinforces what they already believe. It appeals to the ego. The whole, "Me! Look! I'm right!". "Its not me that's crazy!"

And the people who create these stories know this all too well. Basic level social engineering. The question for me is, why are so many people falling for it these days? There's been fake news stories in news since there's been a news.

What's different?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

The polls have been being treated 'like the gospel, the ultimate revelation' since at least 2008 when I started really studying them. Normally they mold how people vote and then it 'normally' all plays out in the end. This time Trump smashed thru when he wasn't 'intended' to, and all time low trust in the MSM & their polls and lookie lookie people finally voted against their mind molding dogmatic poll mongering. The MSM's Dynasty is now BUSTED.

Didn't all the primary polls consistently also predict him losing and he just kept on trouncing right past each one of them??? (I wasn't quite paying attention then, not until summer this year)
edit on 7-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: BlueMule

The polls have been being treated 'like the gospel, the ultimate revelation' since at least 2008 when I started really studying them. Normally they mold how people vote and the all plays out in the end. This time Trump smashed thru when he wasn't intended to, and all time low trust in the MSM & their polls and lookie lookie people finally voted against their mind molding dogmatic poll mongering. The MSM's Dynasty is now BUSTED.

Didn't all the primary polls consistently also predict him losing and he just kept on trouncing right past each one of them??? (I wasn't quite paying attention then, not until summer this year)

That's probably why almost every MSM commentator on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, and even Fox looked like they were about to cry on election night.
edit on pm1212201616America/Chicago07p01pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

I don't understand the whole "The MSM believed Hillary was going to win, therefore all MSM news is fake" line of reasoning. Could you elaborate?

There are members here who thought that John McCain was going to win in 2008. I can now dismiss everything they post as pure bull based on that qualifier?
edit on 7-12-2016 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you thought Hillary was going to win in a landslide, you were probably watching fake news.

(post by Deny Arrogance removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Then on election night I opened NYT's fancy pance predictabuddy app thingie and it said 95% TRUMP.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Then on election night I opened NYT's fancy pance predictabuddy app thingie and it said 95% TRUMP.

So they weren't wrong?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I guess we would actually need to see the numbers as far as how many these sites reached in order to draw any conclusion about the conservative side.

Meanwhile, what you call real news is showing all the butthurt over HRC losing the election and those in high positions suddenly saying the system is flawed.

I don't see a whole lot of crying about fake news from anyone except here on ATS. I see most every major news outlet covering the "recounts" and the left bringing up the electoral college because they lost and can't handle it.

The whining isn't coming from the winning team....that's pretty obvious to me.

As far as real news...I think that was/is what social media is becoming good for. People can be their own reporters on the scene of something actually happening. Sure they may have bias, but at least it isn't a camera crew going in with a bias in mind and setting up the scene to attract as many viewers as possible.

Besides that....I don't know anyone that has no bias, so news in general can't be taken at its word....has to be disseminated from multiple sources in order to figure out a truth for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join