It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Fake News! No Fake News! You're The Fake News!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ut oh, he UNapologetically said some conjecture. Quick, somebody get down there and CENSOR his ass!
edit on 9-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

wtf are you talking about

That is what fake news does......many of his fans believe that is what happened.
Because he said it, it makes it true in their minds.

Apologetically? WHAT?

Nah - don't answer. Your tune is a loony as they come. Sorry your IIB productions company didn't really get off the ground.
Such a shame they haven't recognized you as the obvious genius you are.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I meant to say UNapologetically.

But thank you for helping us sort all this out. Conjecture is now to be CENSORED as "fake" news. As long as it cuts both ways.

It was never a "company". It was just the banner for my film projects. Which only havent been being done since I shelved film projects work efforts, because I haven't had time (because they weren't my job; they were never made to make money). Actually, Youtube constantly blocking my projects despite fair use, even banned my account without any means of recourse is what put me off films work the most.

How about you keep the attempted insults within the context of the discussion.

edit on 9-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Loved this post. I wish you would have left personal political bias out of it, because aside from that you are spot on. The MSM in general is a fake news factory. You said you didn't see the ABC report with the false background as fake, but I digress, how is it not? Even if the story they are reporting is factual, it is also embellished, which can lead to biased opinions, and well let's be real, televised news influences the majority of most populations. It becomes fake when you subtly dictate a narrative to be followed. Let's take the ABC report for example, I don't even know what it was about. I simply know of it from the fake tape set up.

Is bias in reporting bad? Well that depends on your personal beliefs and ideals, but in the true sense of journalism it absolutely is. Journalism is supposed to be about ALL of the information, not just cherry-picked segments to fictionalize a scenario, which is what ALL of the MSM outlets have done as of late. It's a F*ing tragedy to the integrity of journalism itself, nowadays any asshole with an opinion and a soundbite can make news. The bigger the resources and the bigger the assholes, the more recognition it will receive, and the more it will become a false truth.

I am a staunch supporter of the USA constitution, but the rights granted within it also need regulation, as the original copy is over 200 years old (teenagers be informed, there was no internet then) and while encompassing the general standards to be set, it obviously could never be written to account for the 200+ years of advancements in technological capabilities.

It is amusing to hear MSM networks use the term "fake news" though, as they are THE actual source of such news.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

FREE SPEECH IS NOT "NEWS"! Editorials and opinions are NOT NEWS.

Quoting what someone actually says is not even news, except insofar as whether they said it or not.
When Trump says "I lost the popular vote because of illegal voting", the story is contained in one sentence:

Trump said he lost the popular vote because of illegal voting.

That is what he said: truth.
Is what he said accurate? no.

So - the NEWS would be an investigation into whether or not his statement is true. Him saying it is not NEWS. It is a report of what he said.

Good try...didn't work. So here is my news statement: "The majority of Americans wanted Trump as President"

Some people will look at that and say it isn't truthful news because the majority of the voters, voted otherwise. But I didn't say "voters"...I said Americans. Some may look at a poll and try to prove that statement incorrect, but that poll may include illegals who aren't Americans. Some will call it false no matter what...but it isn't false, I simply can't prove it. And therefore, you can't prove it wrong.

You have no idea what a "News Story" is...maybe that is the problem.

What you are stating is an unfounded opinion or speculation.

Now...Make up some inside sources, fictionalize some research and BS about interviewing several illegal voters...roll it out with a Headline that is click-bait and watch Sean Hannity talk about it on the air.

THAT is fake news.

And if you think they would consider all the, research all that before censoring information...you are fooling yourself. It will become THE censorship tool of the internet.

Your post lacked sense..Clarify "they"...and the rest of it.

Whomever is appointed or takes on the role of being the one, or group determining what is "real" and what is "fake" news. That decision in and of itself will end up being opinion as there will not be a vetting process...simply a quick determination. This is a political tool being pushed by the left. The same ones who have decided they are the masters of determining who is racist, homophobic, etc. and who have chosen terms such a "climate change deniers". That term...by itself shows that those who coined it, purposely chose the word "denier" in attempts to discredit the group in general. "Climate Change Skeptics" would have been more accurate without the bias spin. They have even attempted to change the dictionary definition of words such as "racist" to mean "doesn't like black people" when the actual definition is "believes one race is superior to another". Big difference pushed by the left and used a weapon to attack those who don't support their agenda.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
And this isn't some conspiracy theory...it is quickly becoming a well known belief. The left have lied so much that the majority know to question their every word.

Appropriate Cartoon

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My schedule and other issues keep me away from ATS as much as maybe I have been on for the past 10 years, however I wanted to contribute to this thread with some thoughts, however late in the day it may be.

Firstly, fake news isn't about differing opinions. If you dismiss something as not true simply because it doesn't fit your paradigm, then you are an idiot.

Its not about the MSM suggesting that Hilary was going to win the election - polls are notoriously bad as prediction tools when people have strong feelings because - simply - often they will not state what they feel in public. So all those sites predicting a Hilary win were basing their predictions off figures that were tainted by silence. They only had he information they actually could get. What they should have done was put some caveats on what they were predicting, and I'm sure that next time such a mass vote is undertaken, they will cover more bases.

Fake news is about complete and utter made up bull#, made to look believable and lapped up by people who want to believe it because it fits their own belief

And that's why its very, very important to check sources on a story

Here's a non politcal example.

Many years ago the UFO/Aviation world got in something of a tizzy about something that was reported as the TR3B "Black Manta". This supposedly super secret wonder craft was - according to reports - the US super secret spy plane/spacecraft, powered by some kind of liquid mercury super conductive torus reactor.

Except that TR3B was actually a misheard call sign of Tier-3B, which was another name for Lockheed Martin's much more conventional RQ-3 Darkstar UAV.

And when I, and several others who were particularly meticulous about sources dug into it, every single piece of information you could find about the "TR3B" came from one source point, which was an article from an aviation journalist speculating on what might be possible in the future. It was simply regurgitated, speculated about and given the misheard name TR3B by people who wanted the USA to have a wonder plane, a silver bullet and an ace in the hole.

If your news only comes from one source, or from a succession of sources reporting exactly the same thing verbatim that make it so appealing to you that you find it irresistible, then that is the point to question it.

Case in point and ONLY as an example - Brietbart is/was owned by Trumps campaign manager. If you think that you are ever going to get an unbiased, factual, non-spun opinion or piece of news about Trump or his opposition from Brietbart you are delusional. The same can be said about CNN from the other side. Neutral sources are hard to find these days, but they are out there, and if you can't find one, read about the issue from both sides of the spectrum and the truth may be somewhere in the middle.

Similarly, blogs, 4chan/reddit and even ATS are not reliable news sources. You should also bear in mind - and this has been laughingly forgotten it seems during this past election and now in the post-election period - that anyone can claim, and claim to be ANYTHING on the internet, and anything can be spun when written in a certain way.

I'm seeing a lot of divisiveness and a lot of labels floating around at the moment. The irony is that the people throwing those things about ARE the sheep they are supposedly complaining about. They've bought in to their paradigm propaganda hook line and sinker and are looking through the world through a set of rose-tinted blinkers.

Stand above it. Discuss instead of dismiss and remember that there is no harm in being wrong about something if you are. That's all part of life.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
everyone on this fake news, was 911- Sept 9, 2011 fake news ,did Donald trump really win , are the Russians really Russian, is the earth flat
my question is where do you really go for real news

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

wtf are you talking about

That is what fake news does......many of his fans believe that is what happened.
Because he said it, it makes it true in their minds.

Apologetically? WHAT?

Nah - don't answer. Your tune is a loony as they come. Sorry your IIB productions company didn't really get off the ground.
Such a shame they haven't recognized you as the obvious genius you are.

Its NOT okay to get personal and roll in the mud just to try to make your opponent look bad to your audience. How about keeping the argument to the subject and NOT the poster or their company.

New freaking low..

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Um sorry, but...it's the mudpit. The thing you all wanted.
Gloves off.

So you think IIB needs protecting? He has sown what he's reaping many many times over. And he knows it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Fake news is just an invented concept by the EU, to hide the real ongoing scandal. The EU has interfered with the US presidential election and is now interfering with the presidential transition.

Fake news are precisely EU's media accusations against Russia hacking the US elections with the double purpose of delegitimizing the US election process and covering their own tracks!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hey all. Reviving this worthy thread.

Just now I was watching Conway talking to reporters (Fox & Friends? Two suits with a short-red-skirt sitting between them)....anyway, she said she'd known Pence for over a decade....

this was 'news' to me. So I did a Wiki on her. I discovered that she owns a "polling company".......

a POLLING COMPANY! She has been in "political bed" with Gingrich, Pence, and other undesirables for quite some time, I guess!) So, I did an ATS search. It led me to this thread.....and I see that Kellyanne Conway was someone others knew for a while; just like Sean Spicer.....both people I'd never heard of. I totally take responsibility for NOT knowing these characters.....but have to say I don't think I was missing much.

I do know of lots of characters worth knowing, however.

I know of people like Dan Rather, and Maura Liaison, and Bill Moyers.....as well as the "Kardashians" and Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly, and Alex Jones
and Limbaugh and Beck.....

So, I'm going to stay over in my 'sane zone', if it's all the same to you folks. I miss ATS.

edit on 2/18/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join