It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Fake News! No Fake News! You're The Fake News!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So they were opportunists, or they were actual rightwing activists?

Perhaps a bit of both, but I'd say it is most likely that they were opportunists that took advantage of desperate Right Wingers looking for every morsel of confirmation bias.

The clips in the Veritas series mostly all speak for themselves.

Mostly? How about not at all. Those videos were highly-edited and did not provide complete context. Par for the course with PV and their leader...a known hoaxer.

I challenged you guys for a month to take a transcript and give us a percentage of the clips that DONT, but not a single one of you would instead you all just skated around and kept blanket smearing it and then scooting off.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I refuse to participate in any of those threads. I will not bump it on the thread lists and will not give you free advertising on your long list of BS threads that are nothing more than propaganda spam pieces, who's purpose is nothing more than to inflate your ego.

Who is "we" (I'm not rightwinger), and what "lies"??

Here's a list of those lies.

The DNC will stop at almost nothing to smear their competition.

The DNC has nothing to do with it. Don't deflect.

This whole "FAKE News" thing is but the latest iteration of that, which by the way the fake news stories set the stage for all of this (their ultimate hail mary to try and squash all the anti-establishment voices for all time sake). You wanna stick up for liberals / etc that's one thing, but to stick up for the DNC like that (as if you could possibly know, while if you follow Who benefits its them in this case) you might as well change your avatar to "DNC Shill". Food for thought!

Get a fricken grip, man.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I only even commented one or two complete paragraphs on the matter, in terms of is all being so disturbing I couldn't barely look at those Instagram etc images... until the FAKE NEWS initiative came crashing out (literally) across Planet Earth. That got my attention. Especially with free speech & free thinking at stake, unavoidable for me (something you guys could never understand being censorship / thought policing advocates)... so that along with the DESPERATION to stop the Pizzagate thing I finally actually started following the debate in the two 'official' debate threads. And yeah, its ugly.

Have I taken a position ON "it"? NO.

Will I always advocate free speech; chasing any and all smoke to find any and all fires (no matter how scorching they might prove to be); etc? YES! Guilty as charged.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Oh you mean because I was sure the FBI would recommend indictment? I was... until it became obvious that Comey was bought and paid for.

Sure, Rick. You were wrong, so it must have been a conspiracy.

I have no popcorn to eat and that was the only thing I was wrong about. Having classified material on an unclassified server in your house is illegal all damn day long... whether you are prosecuted for it or not is another story.

So now you are changing your story, after the fact.

I can eat you or anyone else alive when it comes to the procedures in the safeguarding, handling, storage and transmission of classified information. I did it my whole career.

Then why were you wrong?

But why do you want too make this thread about me? Do I threaten you in some way?

No. You are only a threat to yourself.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Oh you mean because I was sure the FBI would recommend indictment? I was... until it became obvious that Comey was bought and paid for.

I have no popcorn to eat and that was the only thing I was wrong about. Having classified material on an unclassified server in your house is illegal all damn day long... whether you are prosecuted for it or not is another story.

I can eat you or anyone else alive when it comes to the procedures in the safeguarding, handling, storage and transmission of classified information. I did it my whole career.

Then why were you wrong?

But why do you want too make this thread about me? Do I threaten you in some way?

Thread is not about me... dude...the lies and excuses you coughed up over the last year speak clearly for themselves.
edit on R572016-12-09T11:57:36-06:00k5712Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We were already so inundated with actual scandal stories it's not like anybody could have possibly been desperate for more. There was already too many actual stories for hardly anyone to keep up with!

Typical left/right Binary Mentality. The other side is 100% wrong. Our side is 100% correct. And any key materials to the contrary we'll completely ignore if possible, or refuse to accept if otherwise. NOTE: The 100 something pieces of evidence I dug up for my "Entered Into Evidence" thread, it ties it all together. But in general, even without that, if you refuse to accept any other idea other than none of those clips as presented speak for themselves, then you are either completely deluded, an actual minion, or so lost in cultish political bias as to be literally out of your mind. Whatever that might be, assuming you're that Binary MENTAL, you're a lost cause in ever trying to discuss much of anything with.

I could have sworn you were all up in my Evidence thread. Maybe that was one of the other ones?

That's a good one!

You dont even have an argument other than nitpickery and 'the DNC can do nor ever would do no wrong'. LOST CAUSE.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Then why were you wrong?

Thread is not about me... dude...the lies and excuses you coughed up over the last year speak clearly for themselves.

Sure. Have a nice day, Rick.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I'm going to be blunt. While there is some "fake news" that it is targetted toward those on the Left, the bulk of it is generated to appeal to those on the Right.

Nice try. During the entire presidential campaign the MSM was nothing BUT fake news. They tried so desperately to drag that rotten carcass across the finish line and into the winner's circle. Well, they may have accomplished getting her across the line, but failed miserably at getting her elected. Clinton's toxic past coupled with her complete lack of credibility and trustworthiness were far too much to overcome despite the MSM spouting their fake news daily.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

We were already so inundated with actual scandal stories it's not like anybody could have possibly been desperate for more. There was already too many actual stories for hardly anyone to keep up with!

Then why did they make up so many more? Also, how many of those "actual scandals" were just BS lies?

Typical left/right Binary Mentality. The other side is 100% wrong. Our side is 100% correct.

I did not say anything close to that. Don't project your nonsense on to me, when I said nothing of the sort.

NOTE: The 100 something pieces of evidence I dug up for my "Entered Into Evidence" thread, it ties it all together. But in general, even without that, if you refuse to accept any other idea other than none of those clips as presented speak for themselves, then you are either completely deluded, an actual minion, or so lost in cultish political bias as to be literally out of your mind. Whatever that might be, assuming you're that Binary MENTAL, you're a lost cause in ever trying to discuss much of anything with.

I am sort of a lost cause, because I want actual evidence. You did not provide that. You threw a bunch of garbage together and called it proof.

You dont even have an argument other than nitpickery and 'the DNC can do nor ever would do no wrong'. LOST CAUSE

The DNC has nothing to do with this and I do not support the DNC. You are just making things up and you have the balls to call me mental?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

I'm going to be blunt. While there is some "fake news" that it is targetted toward those on the Left, the bulk of it is generated to appeal to those on the Right.

Nice try. During the entire presidential campaign the MSM was nothing BUT fake news. They tried so desperately to drag that rotten carcass across the finish line and into the winner's circle. Well, they may have accomplished getting her across the line, but failed miserably at getting her elected. Clinton's toxic past coupled with her complete lack of credibility and trustworthiness were far too much to overcome despite the MSM spouting their fake news daily.

Political bias is not the same as being fake.

Do you have any real examples, other than using the MSM, which includes many Right Wing sources, of Leftists fake news?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

edit on 9-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

in this era of hyperpartisanship, it's super cool for conservatives to denounce anything the "mainstream media" says.

Actually, that's what people outside of the left/right paradigm have always done.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Holy hyperbole Batman!

Not an argument

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Political bias is not the same as being fake.

Do you have any real examples, other than using the MSM, which includes many Right Wing sources, of Leftists fake news?

Sure do, it's called CNN. Whether you'd like to admit it or not they constantly peddle their fake news to advance their agenda. They're not alone either. The Washington Post accusing Natural News along with over 200 other websites of supporting "a sophisticated Russian propaganda campaign" is a prime example of fake news. They seem to be trying to deflect away from the fact they themselves have engaged in a vast propaganda campaign during this election cycle. Fortunately, for us, they failed.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It's hopeless. But I do admire you for trying.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Same exact story......

News headlines from the main page of each source:

FOX: Parting shot? Obama orders probe of democratic email hacks that rocked election.

ABC: Obama orders "full review" of hacking activity related to election.

CBS: Obama orders review of cyber attacks on 2016 election.

MSNBC: Obama orders review of alleged election hack.

USATODAY: Obama orders review of election hacking.

CNN: Obama wants to know...He orders review of Russia's role in election related hacking.

One of these 6 is different than the other 5...can you guess which one?
edit on R342016-12-09T13:34:53-06:00k3412Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R352016-12-09T13:35:26-06:00k3512Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R362016-12-09T13:36:15-06:00k3612Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

FREE SPEECH IS NOT "NEWS"! Editorials and opinions are NOT NEWS.

Quoting what someone actually says is not even news, except insofar as whether they said it or not.
When Trump says "I lost the popular vote because of illegal voting", the story is contained in one sentence:

Trump said he lost the popular vote because of illegal voting.

That is what he said: truth.
Is what he said accurate? no.

So - the NEWS would be an investigation into whether or not his statement is true. Him saying it is not NEWS. It is a report of what he said.

Good try...didn't work. So here is my news statement: "The majority of Americans wanted Trump as President"

Some people will look at that and say it isn't truthful news because the majority of the voters, voted otherwise. But I didn't say "voters"...I said Americans. Some may look at a poll and try to prove that statement incorrect, but that poll may include illegals who aren't Americans. Some will call it false no matter what...but it isn't false, I simply can't prove it. And therefore, you can't prove it wrong.

You have no idea what a "News Story" is...maybe that is the problem.

What you are stating is an unfounded opinion or speculation.

Now...Make up some inside sources, fictionalize some research and BS about interviewing several illegal voters...roll it out with a Headline that is click-bait and watch Sean Hannity talk about it on the air.

THAT is fake news.

And if you think they would consider all the, research all that before censoring information...you are fooling yourself. It will become THE censorship tool of the internet.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

FREE SPEECH IS NOT "NEWS"! Editorials and opinions are NOT NEWS.

Quoting what someone actually says is not even news, except insofar as whether they said it or not.
When Trump says "I lost the popular vote because of illegal voting", the story is contained in one sentence:

Trump said he lost the popular vote because of illegal voting.

That is what he said: truth.
Is what he said accurate? no.

So - the NEWS would be an investigation into whether or not his statement is true. Him saying it is not NEWS. It is a report of what he said.

Good try...didn't work. So here is my news statement: "The majority of Americans wanted Trump as President"

Some people will look at that and say it isn't truthful news because the majority of the voters, voted otherwise. But I didn't say "voters"...I said Americans. Some may look at a poll and try to prove that statement incorrect, but that poll may include illegals who aren't Americans. Some will call it false no matter what...but it isn't false, I simply can't prove it. And therefore, you can't prove it wrong.

You have no idea what a "News Story" is...maybe that is the problem.

What you are stating is an unfounded opinion or speculation.

Now...Make up some inside sources, fictionalize some research and BS about interviewing several illegal voters...roll it out with a Headline that is click-bait and watch Sean Hannity talk about it on the air.

THAT is fake news.

And if you think they would consider all the, research all that before censoring information...you are fooling yourself. It will become THE censorship tool of the internet.

Your post lacked sense..Clarify "they"...and the rest of it.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Nice try. During the entire presidential campaign the MSM was nothing BUT fake news.

uhhh...nope...they certainly face-planted on polling, but that had to do with people no longer having land-lines...and local newspapers going out of business that used to take the pulse of rural America. You conflate error with dishonesty...and then compare 5% error with 100% fake news...just salt on the pile of BS.

They tried so desperately to drag that rotten carcass across the finish line and into the winner's circle.

Hmm..except those horse race commentators...in erroneously assuming she would win...felt comfortable POUNDING on the EMAIL-gate issue and swimming deliciously in COMEY'S LETTERS...like they were fairly critiquing a President already elected.....UTTER BS that the media took it easy on Clinton...they inflated the smallest of miss-steps into full on scandal. More so when compared to the daily crap Trump was emitting.

For effs sake..Clinton failed to heal the entire country of Haiti and it was SCANDAL worth locking her up for...TRUMPS ENTIRE CHARITY ORG WAS A FRAUD...and it was nothing to see here...He effen settled a RICO (RACKETEERING) Suit for stealing MILLIONS of dollars from people and nobody cared.

edit on 9-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm glad none of this affects me, never has and never will because I don't watch or read the news. I have recognized for at least 25 years, since I was in high school, that 90% or more of news is complete garbage. I don't watch tv either and haven't for about 15 years. The only thing I watch from TV is Game of Thrones, from a friend's Amazon Firestick, which is admittedly extremely addictive. But then, that's exactly why i stay away from TV in general. Just started watching it a few weeks ago and binge it each weekend, finally starting season 6 today. I'll continue to get news in passing from the video game websites I go to, because that's how important it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The fact-deniers persist: Nearly a third of Trump voters don't know he got trounced in popular vote

Ignorance is bliss, as they say. When Pew Research asked voters who won the popular vote, here’s what they found:

Nearly a third of Republicans either didn't answer or gave the wrong response when asked who actually got more national votes.

Wanh-wanh. Of course, Hillary Clinton leads Trump in the popular vote by about 2.7 million votes. Overall, she may even garner as many total votes as Barack Obama did in 2012: 65.9 million.

But Trump has told his true believers that "millions" of Clinton's votes were cast "illegally," one of the endless string of fantastical lies he will tell over the course of his presidency. That germ has clearly infected most his voters, finds PPP.

Yeah. Like I was saying earlier.
He said it, yes. THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE. It does not make it FACTUAL. It is not real. It is fake.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join