It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Fake News! No Fake News! You're The Fake News!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Thing is we all know that tabloids tell lies but just look at the lol forums the bs was pushed on ats as truth and people fell for it.
It is all our fault for not checking sources and just assuming it must be true because it slags off the opposing political party or candidate we don't support.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
For decades "Fake News" has been staring people in the face at every grocery store check out across this nation.

It is still there.......National Enquirer, and a whole bunch of others.

Right..And when you stood there in line at the grocery store wondering who actually reads that crap or believes that Angelina Jolie had an affair with an alien?...Now you can answer "The President of the United States".

That and the internet is National Enquirer on steroids...and with a political agenda.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Thing is Trump lied Clinton lied but no one wants to hold either accountable. Both sides conveniently ignore their picks lies and focus on the other candidate. Everyone should be calling out trumps lies and also Clintons.
Should hang em both tbh.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Again...That is you assigning meaning from a place that thinks Misogyny or Racism is about word choice rather than message and beliefs.

It's a method of thinking that repeatedly leads to that false indignation when the right wing is called out for racist statements..."HEY...I am not a racist! I didn't say the N-Word!!!...I only said African Americans are inferior! I was very careful with my word choice!"

And ye SJW minded folks could find "racism" and "misogyny" in a rainbow colored bouquet of flowers, sent as a gift, the little card reading: 'Multiculturalism Is King' (as you'd get all pretzeled up overthinking why it included the word KING).

Seriously going for broke with those words, they'll have no meaning by the time you finally let up the whole charade.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Thing is Trump lied Clinton lied but no one wants to hold either accountable.

False Equivalency...

Clinton might have claimed her plane was under sniper fire when it wasn't 20 years ago...

Trump lied hourly and cited the National Enquirer as evidence that Ted Cruz's father helped assassinate JFK.

Not a Clinton fan...but reality matters.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

"And when you stood there in line at the grocery store wondering who actually reads that crap or believes that Angelina Jolie had an affair with an alien?...Now you can answer "The President of the United States".

You got a source that Trump believes Angelina Jolie had an affair with an alien?

Or did you just make that "fake news" up?
edit on R372016-12-09T10:37:21-06:00k3712Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
lol fake news....thats great

Is there a difference between the manufactured news nbc,msnbc,the washington post and others exposed with more than just an agenda this election cycle and the fake news hillbots are crying caused their beloved first vag nominated by a major party to lose the election?(you know because they just couldnt lose on issues and merit alone) If the writer calls the source to get permission for a quote is it still real news? If the editor gives the source the story to proof read before it is published is it still real news?
NEWSFLASH>>>>>EVERYTHING that comes across the magic moving picture box you view is fake. EVERYTHING.

wrong and a lie.....but nobody cares on this site anymore.....have you heard of editors and why they are needed at major news organizations?....have you heard of libel laws?....all you trump voters were sold a bill of goods...trump has picked an anti-labor business billionaire for sec. of labor....trump has picked an anti-public education millionaire for sec. for education....trump has picked an anti-environmental billionaire for the EPA....a secretary of treasury that foreclosed on over 35,000 home owners to profit from their misery....a national security advisor that was paid by Russians to attend a "Russia today (RT)" anniversary party, and sat next to Putin, and claimed all Muslims are our enemy....a HUD secretary that has no knowledge of housing, or urban development, and has said publically that he cannot do the job, but he is BLACK!....the anti-American vote won...I want to thank all of you people that voted for trump, for the misery that will befall millions of Americans in the near future...the wealthy have won, the poor and middle class have lost. thanks for believing in stupid fake s**t

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Indigo5
Again...That is you assigning meaning from a place that thinks Misogyny or Racism is about word choice rather than message and beliefs.

It's a method of thinking that repeatedly leads to that false indignation when the right wing is called out for racist statements..."HEY...I am not a racist! I didn't say the N-Word!!!...I only said African Americans are inferior! I was very careful with my word choice!"

And ye SJW minded folks

Honestly...Who TF are you talking to? I am not a "SJW" minded person by any definition your trolling, ideologically retarded mind might conceive of.

could find "racism" and "misogyny" in a rainbow colored bouquet of flowers,

Try making sense next time I might find some substance worth responding to. Until then your posts are like faltulance...brief, foul, and without substance.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Like I said before Trump lied more and I think he won because people fell for and pushed those lies.
Thing is what do we do about the blatant lies and liars? do we just hope people wise up to them because if the events on ats recently have shown be owt it is people are gullible when it comes to news about the candidate they don't like.
I think some think because it is on you tube it must be true it sure isn't.
If they censor the net because of all the bs pushed as news we only have ourselves to blame tbh.
and the guy who uses many
after every post because he is the number one pusher of lies on ats....The lol and hoax forums show this.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

"And when you stood there in line at the grocery store wondering who actually reads that crap or believes that Angelina Jolie had an affair with an alien?...Now you can answer "The President of the United States".

You got a source that Trump believes Angelina Jolie had an affair with an alien?

Or did you just make that "fake news" up?

"reads that crap" is what I said...did you read that part?

...Like any discerning tabloid reader, Trump is able to tell the difference between Angelina Jolie having an alien baby and true National Enquirer stories he cites...Like Ted Cruz's father killing JFK.

I made up the part about Angelina Jolie and the Alien...strange you bit on it.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I just want to remind everybody of something. It is now okay, even legal, for FBI agents to pose as reporters, journalists, and documentary film makers. They can even put out news stories that are fake as part of a sting operation.

Remember when the FBI posed as an AP reporter to catch somebody who was threatening to blow up schools? AP didn't even know the FBI agents were doing this and filed a suit. The Justice Dept. upheld the FBI's practice.

Keep that in mind.

The FBI can pose as journalists, reporters, and documentary film makers.

While you're thinking about that, remember, that under the Obama administration, the NDAA was amended to allow our own government to use propaganda against our own citizens.

So what's REALLY going on?

INTERESTING ARTICLE FROM 2013

edit on 9-12-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

So no news was manufactured?
No source on that?
Everything on tv is real?

Cause all I got from your rant was "wrong and a lie" with no source or substance other than your opinion of people that may or may not be nominated for cabinet positions(with your opinion and conjecture about each).

See when you post some kind of source to back up the fact that the msm in general did not assist hillary I will be happy to discuss that with you. Your opinions about cabinet nominees has nothing to do with this topic or your hatred of trump and all the people that voted for him.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Like I said before Trump lied more and I think he won because people fell for and pushed those lies.
Thing is what do we do about the blatant lies and liars?

That's simple...we choose the one who lies the most ...whose entire political campaign earned "Lie of the Year" by fact checkers...the man who couldn't go a day without spouting a lie...and we elect him President.

If they censor the net because of all the bs pushed as news we only have ourselves to blame tbh.

"they"...

Censorship is wed to government...

Every paper, outlet, website, content business and social network "Censors" their content...it is what editorial staff does at newspapers..those old things. Editors are good...I would not demand Youtube post anything I tell them to, nor would I demand Fox News run stories I think they should...and then yell censorship if they don't.

Government?...No place in telling the free media what it can or can't publish...or what it should or shouldn't...THAT is censorship.

Fake News?...It's real...and Private Companies are free to follow their conscience in publishing or promoting...or NOT publishing or promoting that content.

And free media calling out fake news?...that is their constitutionally protected right as well..

Where is the "censorship" in any of that?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think the ones making up the fake news should be sued. That is the only way people will check to see if true or not. Far too easy to make up bs and push it as truth behind a fake name and no comeback.
I don't have a real solution but it will only get worse.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I have to disagree. I have not seen any website that creates fake news for the Left. There are sites for Lefitsts that are factually wrong and completely biased, but I've yet to see a site that pushes fake stories for the Left.

That being said don't make this partisan, then the problem will just get worse. It's a society problem linked to the new wave of social media outlets. Propaganda has always been around, it has just evolved.

It's a partisan issue. Why can't we call a spade a spade and address the issue?

Please articulate for everyone, what benefit would the "right" have in deliberately pushing FAKE (like actually, FAKE) stories in their stuff?

How would these supposed 'benefits' outweigh the eventual repercussions of such an effort (when Hillary did just fine in providing endless real scandal fodder for everyone), and how is whatever you have left in terms of these 'benefits' even more beneficial than it would have been for DNC shills to pump out the FAKE stories in order to discredit all the real world scandals that Hillary represented???>?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
In the "old" days before the internet, when you wrote something down as fact, you were liable for the content. You could be sued for false information, and people were sued all the time. That's why they were super careful to research, investigate, and make sure that what they printed was backed up with facts.

Maybe we should do the same thing with the Internet news organizations. Make it a liability if you print something as fact without proper vetting. If they print something unfactual and state it as fact, they should be sued.

Don't you find it odd that nobody is suing. For instance, why isn't Podesta suing those that have stated he is a pedophile as fact? Could it be because when you take something to court, all facts are then laid out and examined? Maybe those crying the loudest about "fake news" don't want it examined all that closely.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

While you're thinking about that, remember, that under the Obama administration, the NDAA was amended to allow our own government to use propaganda against our own citizens.

So what's REALLY going on?

INTERESTING ARTICLE FROM 2013

(A) I don't think that proposed amendment in 2012 affords US Domestic Propaganda

(B) While it passed the house...it never made it past Committee..

www.congress.gov...

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Essentially anyone that goes around all day obsessed with finding 'cause to wield buzzwords like "racist" / "mysoginist" / "islamophobe" / "etc'ist" / "etc'ist" at people (and often spew the whole list off everytime they find 'cause' to mention of one of them), and constantly sets about derailing / demogoguing every issue with such 'microaggression'eqsue' motifs, in conjunction with constantly making threads and posts that are brazenly slanted against anti-liberal / anti-SJW topics, anyone that does all that is almost certainly a bonafide SJW (whether they admit it to themselves or not).
edit on 9-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I think the ones making up the fake news should be sued.

I am fiercely opposed to and severely frustrated by the tidal wave of fake news, and believe a chunk of it is spun out by the Kremlins propaganda force...

And I can say in the same breath...alas...we should not sue them..

Legal remedies invite government into policing media...and while it might bring temporary satisfaction, it encourages and builds a framework for government censoring.

Trump himself is a "huuuge" fan of suing the media. Even though he loses virtually every lawsuit...he punishes the authors of critical pieces about him financially by dragging the suits through the courts and being well aware that the money they spend fighting it means more to those victims than it does to him to sue.

Trump has said he wants to "open up the libel laws" to make it easier to sue critics.

I don't have a real solution but it will only get worse.

Few people do....The strategy thus far has been to let the "free market of ideas" do battle...allow fake news and allow people to loudly call bs...allow each media outlet and content provider to curate their content in keeping with their conscience.

What does all that mean when it is 100+ teenagers in Moldovia who care not about politics...spinning out Anti-Clinton or Pro-Trump Fake news simply for the click-revenue?

Well..Google and FB (Private Companies) are thinking of ways to tamp down that business model...and they should..it's their prerogative as private companies.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Please articulate for everyone, what benefit would the "right" have in deliberately pushing FAKE (like actually, FAKE) stories in their stuff?

Web hits...ad revenue.

How would these supposed 'benefits' outweigh the eventual repercussions of such an effort

What repercussions? Even when websites and source, like your favorite Project Veritas, are proven to be liars and hoaxers the Right Wing still floods their sites and spreads their BS.

when Hillary did just fine in providing endless real scandal fodder for everyone

Then why did you guys make up a bunch of lies?

and how is whatever you have left in terms of these 'benefits' even more beneficial than it would have been for DNC shills to pump out the FAKE stories in order to discredit all the real world scandals that Hillary represented???>?

That's not how the Left works.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join