It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Fake News! No Fake News! You're The Fake News!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you don't know about my background and education yet, then you are stating an opinion about me that is false.

If you DO know about my background and education, you would not have to say "Maybe".

Clearly I do know that. Upbringing, role models and education are absolutely what leads to "advanced" critical thinking. Clearly the society has allowed those things to be subsumed by ranting and delusional whining.

In my 30 years as an educator and a counselor, I have learned all about it. There are many millions of people who really do need to be "re-educated." But of course you don't want anyone to point out that the Emperor has no clothes.

smh

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Okay, but a word of advice? Try to redirect your anger away from other Americans (ie "liberals"), who are just people wanting to have a good life for themselves, and for others. Like you. Just a different perspective

This war of "left vs. right" is being exaggerated and blown out of proportion, and is going to lead to a dangerous situation if we don't get it under control. I think we are in the midst of a civil war of sorts, but it hasn't come to physical violence yet. So far just a war of words and ideologies. But yelling and screaming red faces can lead to eventual violence.

I don't want to see us go there again. Not implying that you are personally potentially violent, but some may be. Emotions are running high. And not the good kind.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
lol fake news....thats great

Is there a difference between the manufactured news nbc,msnbc,the washington post and others exposed with more than just an agenda this election cycle and the fake news hillbots are crying caused their beloved first vag nominated by a major party to lose the election?(you know because they just couldnt lose on issues and merit alone) If the writer calls the source to get permission for a quote is it still real news? If the editor gives the source the story to proof read before it is published is it still real news?
NEWSFLASH>>>>>EVERYTHING that comes across the magic moving picture box you view is fake. EVERYTHING.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thank you for that analysis, but it doesnt do squat to justify this new CENSORSHIP Agenda to squash non-corporate, anti-establishment dissenting voices.

BTW, essentially everything on all the Big Media outlets is op-eds presented as direct reporting. Meaning this whole new thing they're doing all the sudden now is patently DOA in regards to the fact that without drippingly overt double-standards then its hopelessly futile in this crazy media world we live in: The One They Engineered To Begin With.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I think of oil. Crude oil. Higher education turns crude oil to refined oil.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I dont know how you might have missed all the memo's, but liberal identity politics has had blood spilling in the streets all year.

I had no intent on getting involved in this election in the slightest until I started noticing the RIOTING headlines and figuring out what all this madness going on was really about.

FYI: I'm not conservative, republican, alt-right, etc. I'm libertarian'ish. I'm Alt-Alt.
edit on 9-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

In my 30 years as an educator and a counselor, I have learned all about it. There are many millions of people who really do need to be "re-educated."

Do any of them happen to be liberal / pro-Obama / pro-Hillary / -pro-SJW, or is it just everybody else?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Your specific example aside..

Too often the far-right/alt-right (emerging amalgamation?)...falsely defines the "left" as being political correctness Nazi's...And then throws a tantrum screaming "hypocrisy!" when the "left" says something the right believes to be "politically incorrect".

When in reality...most liberals are not offended by petty word choices, raunchy humor or politically loose language...they are offended by racist, misogynist, intolerant and ignorant PLATFORMS, THEMES and MESSAGING.

The right decides what the left considers PC and then attacks them for not abiding by that inaccurate rule book.

You can be horrifically racist without ever saying the N-Word...it's not that word that determines a racist.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

In my 30 years as an educator and a counselor, I have learned all about it. There are many millions of people who really do need to be "re-educated."

Do any of them happen to be liberal / pro-Obama / pro-Hillary / -pro-SJW, or is it just everybody else?

Okay. Apparently you can't help yourself? Don't guess it would do any good to ask you to at least try to look at things from the rooftop? So, I think I've never addressed you before. So now I have. So hi.
Off to work. So bye.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's people who believe Alex Jones, who believe in idiot conspiracies like "pizzagate", who think the moon landing was faked, who are persuaded that FEMA has coffins stored for gas-chamber victims, who think the Queen is a reptilian, and who don't know how to look things up.

Sheltered workshop type folks. And people with stupid and uneducated parents and a background of stupid in their families. By seven years old, most kids have realized that Santa is fake. Adults who think Santa is real need to be re-educated.

Pretty simple really: It's "conspiracy theorists" who don't know how to accept truth but cling frantically to the lies they prefer. Why anyone wants to be suspicious and upset 24/7 (like you, for example) about invented calamities is a topic for research. Perhaps that's what I'm doing here. Lord knows I can scarcely stomach it when you loonies start up. But it's fascinating to watch. Like an asylum of delusional wingnuts.

edit on 12/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

REMOVING LIES FROM MEDIA "NEWS" outlets is not CENSORSHIP.

Good god. You're "alt-" something, that's for sure.
edit on 12/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Whatever man....

When I seen one man accuse another man of crying and tell him to "stick a tampon in it"....

I see a man telling another man he is acting like a woman for crying and to "stick a tampon in it"

I will call it like I see it.

A Trump hater and a man who sees women as weaker and inferior to men.... he put it out there for all to see.

Does that make me left leaning? No

Does that make me right leaning? No

It's just plain common sense... you know...if it walks,quacks,poops like a duck

edit on R092016-12-09T10:09:20-06:00k0912Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Hello.

Yes, Buzzy and I have tangled. One time she made 3 separate posts in a thread of mine, lists, in regards to WHAT the "Alt-Right" is, and she went on to list basically every anti-liberal pundit she didn't like... as well as pretty much every one else she doesn't like (along the lines of my post you just responded to). In her third third list of "who" the Alt-Right is (when the question was WHAT it is) she even listed personality types and character flaws she doesn't like. It was brilliant because the whole thing that motivated the thread was how Hillary was lumping everyone anti-Hillary / anti-Obama / anti-DNC / anti-SJW as the "irredeemable deplorables" (which was such choice DEHUMANIZATION language at a time when rioting and murders were happening on the streets mostly due to DNC Identity Politics).

So that's why I just poked Buzzy with that snappy tongue in cheek one liner there.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I'm wondering how you feel about Trump's appointment for Labor? Someone who opposes raising minimum wage, someone who opposes overtime?

People thought Trump was for 'the little guy". The little guy needs money. Trump is an entrepreneur. It seems like he is protecting his own. Or do you see this in a different way?

Also, is it just me? Or should he and his family bring back their own businesses from overseas before they start jumping on Carrier, and others? Shouldn't he have done that before he said anything about everybody else? Or is this an example of his own "exceptionalism". Do you see this in a different way?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Makes me laugh tbh the right are saying it was the left with all the fake news stories when if you check the right wing news lied more then the left (if only by a few percent).
We are all at fault tbh for falling and pushing bs.
If you want proof of what I say have a look at the lol and hoax forums.
Has anyone ever apologised for posting lies and fake news?....not that I have seen.
Maybe we should be calling out the usual suspects of the pushers of fake news. Many here in this thread.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

More double standards (which the the daily milk & cookies of the left these days) in your list of fringe / dissenting / conspiracy theorist people who warrant "re-education" (which just described most of the people in ATS). Following your own logic...

How come no mention of lunatic conspiracy theorists that believe in CT's such as "THE PATRIARCHY", that states that your fellow man everywhere you go them straight cis white males are in on IT along with the top CEO's and so own systemic power structure (like in the film THEY LIVE basically)??

Or how about the nutters who buy into Hillary's "Vast Alt-Right Wing Conspiracy", that declared that everyone against her, Obama, SJW bigots, etc are actually the bigots, whom are essentially inhuman???

Even better yet, what about thought police maniacs who think that anyone that thinks differently than they do could use a good rounding up to be "re-educated"????

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Okay, blatant FAKE (hoaxes, fabrications, etc) news is one thing.

But non-liberal anti-establishment non-corporate dissenting voices are the real agenda here.

Hell, just challenging the Hillary narrative on this Russia business is int he crosshairs, overtly they're calling for government intervention against "Russia propaganda". All propaganda essentially means is PERSUASION. So if anyone tries to persuade you not to buy into warhawk talk about Russia well now you go on the "FAKE News" list and might have DOD show up at your spot!!

You guys should have just kept voting Neocon. NO DIFFERENT, WORSE ACTUALLY!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
For decades "Fake News" has been staring people in the face at every grocery store check out across this nation.

It is still there.......National Enquirer, and a whole bunch of others.

But now, since Hillary did not lose the election because of her piss poor handling of classified information, it must be the "fake news" that made her lose.

It is all nothing but a bunch of BS.

When I see the rags from the grocery store check out start to disappear, I might get worried....until then... business as usual.
edit on R232016-12-09T10:23:12-06:00k2312Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R252016-12-09T10:25:12-06:00k2512Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
For decades "Fake News" has been staring people in the face at every grocery store across this nation.

It is still there.......National Enquirer, and a whole bunch of others.

Damn, you just grand slammed it right out of the park!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: Indigo5

Whatever man....

When I seen one man accuse another man of crying and tell him to "stick a tampon in it"....

I see a man telling another man he is acting like a woman for crying and to "stick a tampon in it"

I will call it like I see it.

My wife has told me on more than one occasion..."Hike up your skirt" and "don't get your panties in a bundle"...Most of the time kidding

Feel free to be the PC Police...Just don't go around accusing the left of being that while you do it.

A Trump hater and a man who sees women as weaker and inferior to men....

Again...That is you assigning meaning from a place that thinks Misogyny or Racism is about word choice rather than message and beliefs.

It's a method of thinking that repeatedly leads to that false indignation when the right wing is called out for racist statements..."HEY...I am not a racist! I didn't say the N-Word!!!...I only said African Americans are inferior! I was very careful with my word choice!"

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join