It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh crap i found what the infamous nick pope photo show!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
while bored i was looking around the internet for anything interesting when i came across the developement blog of a video game(this one: time-symmetry.com...)its a hyper realistic game with real and fictional obscure militar craft
on the page show above there is a picture of an obscure prototype version of the f117 called the hopeless diamond a very alien looking airplane and guess what? it matches perfectly with the infamous lost ufo picture that nick pope had in his wall
officially that airplane never got built but we all know how the history goes and yes its a real airplane not a fictional one
the match:
files.abovetopsecret.com...
timesymmetry.files.wordpress.com...
funny how coincidences work huh?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So what makes you think that the black sketch, has anything to do with that spacecraft in the game?

I dont really understand, for me the black thingy could be anything.
(and yes, I know about the story
)
edit on 12/7/2016 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

What's the story?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

The Hopeless Diamond was the nickname for Have Blue, which doesn't look like the game. Have Blue looks like the F-117 with inward canted tails.

Echo-1 wasn't an aircraft, it was the computer program used to model RCS for Lockheed's early stealth attempts.
edit on 12/7/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

The calvine ufo, the diamond shaped ufo which Nick Pope said the ministry shredded the pictures. Need more?

I mean, it wont really take long for a game designer to come up with that design to a spacecraft? I mean, just look at the northrop grumman B-2 Spirit aka the stealth bomber, it wont take long time to design something new outta that.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

its not a space craft its a real aircraft

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

huh i knew that zhaphod was going to appear on this thread interesting because the developer said he was basing in the descriptions he could find of the airplane

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It looks like that's based on Pumpkin Seed, which was totally different, and never flew other than the wind tunnel.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

"officially" this is the keyword here

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No, there is no "officially" with Pumpkin Seed. They couldn't even control it in the wind tunnel. It was so aerodynamically unstable that it makes relaxed stability aircraft look stable as hell.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

could you show a link with information on that craft i am interested

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I thought the Hopeless Diamond was the term used for the early idea, not even a sketch at the time, of a stealthy craft; because it was a diamond shape and the technology to allow it to fly was impossible.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

do i hear "antigrav test bed"

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

Have Blue was a diamond shape. They used a diamond shape fuselage, with wings and vertical fins. But if you look from the top or bottom the overall shape is a diamond.

They called the F-117 the "Wobblin Goblin". Both are relaxed stability aircraft, meaning that without the flight control computers they'd tumble out of control. When people first saw the Have Blue they reportedly said it was hopeless and there was no way it was going to fly.

Hopeless Diamond and Pumpkin Seed have been interchanged over the years. Pumpkin Seed was the diamond that was uncontrollable. They put it in the wind tunnel and it immediately just tumbled.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No. There was never anything to release about it. There's a lot of speculation and hearsay but nothing was ever officially released because it never went past a concept. There is some info in Aviation related books but not much.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No, there is no "officially" with Pumpkin Seed. They couldn't even control it in the wind tunnel. It was so aerodynamically unstable that it makes relaxed stability aircraft look stable as hell.

I thought the pumpkin seed was hypersonic, how could they test it in a wind tunnel?

Sure it may have been unstable at lower speeds, but once that external engine kicks in it would go like a bullet IMO. OK it would have to be launched from another plane going pretty fast to start with, maybe the instability was too much for that to work.

I'm guessing they kept the engine design but scrapped that shape, if it was too unstable to even be carried.
edit on 7-12-2016 by playswithmachines because: typo's

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21620325]Zaphod58[/p
is there still a possibility that the thing on nick popes photo is a somehow fixed pumpkin seed?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines
I thought the pumpkin seed was hypersonic, how could they test it in a wind tunnel?

Why couldnt they? The first continuous Mach 7-10 wind tunnel with 1x1 m test section was planned at Kochel am See, Germany during WW II[1] and finally put into operation as 'Tunnel A' in the late 1950s at AEDC Tullahoma.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

They have supersonic wind tunnels. And if it's unstable at low speeds, how does it land? If you can't control it at speeds needed to land, you're sure as hell not going to build it. It can't fly forever.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

They may have built a captive carry model that could be used for RCS testing too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join