It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine F-18 down-pilot missing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
A Marine F-18 crashed South of Iwakuni Japan. Reports are that the pilot ejected, but he hasn't been found yet. This marks the 9th legacy Hornet lost in 6 months (8 US, 1 Canadian).

Not all of them have been lost due to maintenance issues, but this is getting out of hand. At the rate they're being lost, they won't have a choice but to ground them until they can get things under control.

news.usni.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh dear!

I do hope they find the pilot before anything unfortunate happens. Hopefully the pilot made it to the sea without any mishap, like tangled chute lines, failed chute itself, or other potential routes to misadventure!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I hope that the pilot is found safe.

This might be a good time for a "Safety Stand Down" of that type. It is getting close to the holiday leave cycle so things should be slowing down anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Sad business, this.

I would hope the pilot was wearing a radio transponder?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

There's a locator on the seat, in his gear, and he has a radio. The general rule of thumb I've found is that if he's not reported alive in the first 3-4 hours after the crash, he didn't make it.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So... if there is a locator on his person... then why has he not been found?

Seems that if the locator is with him, then finding him ought to be a matter of "Oh... there he is now!" .

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The seat locator activates as soon as the seat leaves the aircraft, but the pilot separates from the seat. Once the seat sinks, the water blocks the signal. The locator on his vest is manually activated. Which is why I say if they don't find him within the first couple hours, he didn't make it.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

We went through this with the continued use of the shuttle as the triangles were developed and made operational.

Must this charade continue?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Because planes falling out of the sky, killing their pilots has everything to do with your triangles. That makes perfect sense. Let's kill all our personnel to get funding and hide these amazing triangles that defy all known laws of physics.

Yep. Makes sense to me.
edit on 12/7/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Because planes falling out of the sky, killing their pilots has everything to do with your triangles. That makes perfect sense. Let's kill all our personnel to get funding and hide these amazing triangles that defy all known laws of physics.

Yep. Makes sense to me.

Well, Zap, if you were to even review the history of the continued use of the shuttle from a perspective of what I suggest, and couple that with our lack of a more advanced system that never openly came to replace it, then you may appreciate that lives will be allowed to be lost for the sake of a secret. It's happened time and time again.

I guess you and your cohorts never read a triangle report that you couldn't ignore for the sake of the status quo.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

More like we don't throw out the laws of physics and try to tie everything we can to reports of triangles flying around doing incredible things.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Back on topic, it's not looking good for the pilot. Some reports are being shown as posted four hours ago. That probably means he didn't survive ejection.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If he's in the water, it doesn't look good. He's at about the endurance for a dry suit in those conditions.

Depending on the model of the survival radio that he has, contact with salt water can activate the beacon mode. Problem is that it is a low powered signal that can be blocked by turbulent seas.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Japan's "Navy" reported that the pilot survived the ejection and crash and that they're still trying to locate him/her.

Who knows though.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah, but anything after 4 hours that I've seen turns into a recovery, not a rescue. If they don't get them within about 2-4 hours they're not getting them.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This sucks. I hope they find that pilot. Being alone at sea must suck.

I'm frustrated by this pattern of mishaps. Aging aircraft, smaller Mx budgets, fewer applicants to flight schools, lower standards to graduate, less finances to fly. All moving in the wrong direction.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Japan's "Navy" reported that the pilot survived the ejection and crash and that they're still trying to locate him/her.

Who knows though.

Hopefully he will be found alive and well.

There is of course a small chance some Japanese found him and lynched him especially after the recent event involving a us contractor.

The Japanese public don't like them being there as the us servicemen seem to like raping the locals.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What would cause 9 aircraft to drop in 6 months?
The navy likes multiple engined aircraft to keep birds flying if they lose one engine.
Software issue?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Any word on what unit this pilot was with? I've got a few friends deployed over there right now but can't access social media at work and I don't put social media on my phone...

I'm hoping he's either found alive or if not then things were quick for him

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

More like we don't throw out the laws of physics and try to tie everything we can to reports of triangles flying around doing incredible things.

You are tying the rejection of triangles directly to UFOs with the mentioning of the typical avoidance of the principle of mass. May there be a solid connection of the two? Actually, that blanket denial system has been the ploy used by the disinformation people. To wit: government/science contend that UFOs don't exist. Therefore, people that claim they've seen a genuine UFO are dismissed. Along comes the triangles from the physics of the UFOs and they slip in under the UFO umbrella of denial. A ready-made excuse for them not to be given credibility.

As to the topic here, the loss of an F-18 and perhaps the pilot are directly related to the secret triangles because the stunning nature of massless flight will violently over-shadow any and all aero craft in existence now or forever. It is that simple. A massive triangle is that mysterious, all-purpose "arsenal" craft that has so far defied definition.

<<   2  3 >>

join