It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Senate passes Heartbeat Bill that could effectively ban abortions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime
What woman knows she's pregnant in 5 weeks? That's not even enough time to realize she was even late once. The writers of the bill know this.

Exactly!

They're trying to make it sound like they're being reasonable. They are not.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
not only does it not give a women enough time to realize that she is pregnant, it doesn't give her time to actually consider all her options if she does by some miracle or to discuss those options with her partner.. it's insane and would more than likely cause some women to make hasty decisions to get that abortion before the heart starts beating.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hey the SCOTUS is ONE VOTE away from upholding some of these anti abortion laws coming out of the red states

Stay tuned

Many of the liberal justices are very old. That woman Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in her 80’s was told to quit while Obama could appoint another liberal justice to take her place. She was obstinate and thought Hillary would win.

Now the selfish woman has jeopardized the abortion rights of American woman by refusing to quit when she should have

Now when she quits or dies Trump will appoint a conservative justice and the abortion rights can be gutted

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
not only does it not give a women enough time to realize that she is pregnant, it doesn't give her time to actually consider all her options if she does by some miracle or to discuss those options with her partner.. it's insane and would more than likely cause some women to make hasty decisions to get that abortion before the heart starts beating.

Absolutely!

But, I think the attitudes of young women today are much different from when I was young. We, were saying Please, they'll say "F" something - - and do something about it

edit on 7-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So can southern doctors continue to end the lives of bot flies? They live inside people sometimes.... they have a heartbeat. What about tape worms?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Spot on. It is impossible to rationally value an unborn human more than the established one. The human with self-determination wins - the human who can read, write, speak and think independently has the say.

Valuing a fetus over an established human is dangerous; it devalues humanity to the level of self-replicating cells of meat. We can view ourselves as such - but I put much more value on mettle than meat. And in my experience, a female capable of reproduction is much more mettle than meat.

We may leave and enter the world in similar fashions, but that does not preclude the middle portion where we all tend to make a difference somehow, somewhere. I use this argument for choice, because a human who has a choice about the next twenty or more percent of their life is more empowered than a human who does not have that choice. We should all look to be empowered and not held down by nature.

Spirituality aside, what else makes us different than animals who do not have such options? Do we want "natural laws" to bear down upon us? We have a history of defying "natural laws". I would argue that this is a big part of what makes humans different from other animals at large.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

if a women happens to die, just how many people in the world are affected? maybe her parents? does she have children? a spouse? close friends? an employer???
now ask that same question about a 5 week fetus that probably not more than a couple of people know even exist, then again, maybe no one does.
then look at the women, how many attachments she has to others, those children that she works so hard to ensure they have a decent life, her husband that she is supporting, her parents who might be relying on her to help them, her boss.. she more than likely has a feeling of obligation to them. she has hopes for their future, she feels their failures and rejoices in their success. she has her own ambitions, her own hopes for the future.
now, compare all that to the 5 week fetus, and the amount of awareness it has to it's surroundings. does it even have enough awareness to think "I AM!" yet?? in time the women will become aware of the presence of that baby and eventually it will become her baby in her eyes. she will start to anticipate what the baby will look like, how it will behave, and she will begin to have expectations for that child. just like in time, that fetus will discover the "I AM", will become aware of it's surroundings, maybe hear and enjoy the music that is playing in the outside world, maybe react to the voices or the pressure if feels as the hand is laid upon the women's stomach. and then, in my opinion, it will be a baby!!

edit on 7-12-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Valuing a fetus over an established human is dangerous; it devalues humanity to the level of self-replicating cells of meat.

Funny, I think pro-choicers devalue human life to the level of self-replicating cells of meat in order to justify the murder of unborn children when there are perfectly viable forms of contraception available. How odd.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

My guess is the likely result of this, if passed, is a bunch of abortions will be performed later in the pregnancy than they otherwise would have once the courts intervene (however long that takes) and abortions begin happening in OH again.

Then, those who pushed for this law can carry the burden of knowing they played a part in additions happened at 10 weeks instead of 7, etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tigershark1988

I like to error on the side of reality instead of ideal. A clump of cells is a clump of cells whether it walks and talks like a duck or a human. The life that decides yes or no to an abortion is inherently more valuable than the aborted.

edit on 7-12-2016 by OrdoAdChao because: Of or off

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LSU0408

I'm so sick of this.

It's simply NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

If you can support killing an innocent child with a heartbeat, I assume you can support killing a rapist or a murderous adult with a heartbeat?

Stupid hyperbole Blah! Blah!

Let me guess - - - its God's creation. But, I don't believe in God.

NONE of YOUR Business.

Lol, I couldn't care less who or what you believe in... They're both living things. One is innocent, one is not. I think it's ironic that you'd rather see the killer live and turn your head to the innocent unborn child being killed.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: reldra

It is crazy that (mainly) old men are so interested in the goings on in my body, I find it a little perverted, frankly.

YES!!!!!!!!!! It is.

Being my age, and having lived before abortion was Legally available - - - it really pisses me off.

It just isn't anyone else's business.

Although I don't really care if women can or can't get an abortion, the idea that it is nobody else's business is your opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion but so is everbody else.

NO, it is MY business.

Not anyone else's.

I do not care what anyone else's opinion is on ME choosing abortion. Period!

It is NOT their business. Opinion or not.

So if there's a mother out there that can't take care of her 1 year old any longer and decides it'd be best for her to have her 1 year old terminated, would you support it?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The genesis account says god proceeded to..... "and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and man came to be a living soul". That is the definition of viable. That's why we tap a newborn on the butt (or use to), get that first breath and become a living soul.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
With the HIPPA laws we have now in the USA how would anyone aside from the dr know...:
One was pregnant?
One considered an abortion?
One had an abortion?
When one had an abortion?

This is a medical procedure, is it not covered by HIPPA laws?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Clear as mud.

Absolutely!

Let me know when - - - EVERY LIVING CHILD - - - is loved, cared for, fed, sheltered, educated, etc.

Maybe one day these people will discover the mystery of how babies are made and then y'all won't have to worry about unwanted babies being created. Then this entire discussion will be moot.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Anything with a medical record is under HIPPA. And a doctor can be sued for false info on records.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

So how does anyone aside from the patient or the dr know if anyone has had an abortion these days?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You would have to find a pretty crooked doctor. American doctors are terrified of being sued for one. And that just brings us back to making the patient and doctor criminal over a settled supreme court law.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Ok so then where do all the stats about abortions post HIPPA come from?(and I mean stats from both sides)

As far as "settled supreme court law", they do not set the law they interpret it, which is why this is news again as OHIO has/is thinking about passing a law that may/may not be constitutional.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigershark1988

Valuing a fetus over an established human is dangerous; it devalues humanity to the level of self-replicating cells of meat.

Funny, I think pro-choicers devalue human life to the level of self-replicating cells of meat in order to justify the murder of unborn children when there are perfectly viable forms of contraception available. How odd.

It would seem that these people need to learn how babies are made. They seem to blame everything but themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join