It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you playing??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

You should buy cheaper games. There are a lot of indie games for 10 dollars or so that are VERY comparable to AAA titles. Sure they might be in 2D, but there is a lot of entertainment to be had from many of them. Then when they go on sale you only pay like 2 or 3 dollars. Sometimes cheaper. I just made a new Steam account like 2 weeks ago and I already have 25 games listed. I only spent like $150 on all of them too. Maybe less.

For instance. If you like Deus Ex, I recommend you get the game Dex. It's pretty much Deus Ex but 2D. There is also Salt & Sanctuary which is a 2D Souls game.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I buy indie games. I am pretty sure I even have Dex. I think GOG was giving it away during the last sale. I have 91 games on Steam right now and 17 on GOG. Most are not AAA titles. Every game I bought, I bought on sale.

I did not mean to make it seem like I am selling myself on the corner to support my Steam habit. Most of those AAA titles were just the ones I got from various sites during the recent black friday sales. I could of got some of them cheaper through physical copies but I did not put a dvd drive in my computer and I prefer digital anyways.

Dues Ex Mankind Divided I got for free with the purchase of my video card and Hitman(base game plus season pass) I got through a price glitch that was ultimately honored.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Ah. Gotcha. You just named a bunch of AAA titles then complained about how much money you've sank into Steam so I jumped to conclusions. My bad.

I've recently been preferring the indie titles over AAA titles myself. AAA titles have too much hype attached to them, plus most of those games are all rehashes of existing IPs. Rarely do you see a AAA title that is simultaneously a new IP. And equally frustrating is how these IP's span across not only systems but also generations of gamers. The Metal Gear story line started with the NES and has had iterations on every console generation afterwards. It certainly makes keeping up with the story hard to to do.

With the indie titles there is no hype or expectations to meet. Just release the game and let the gamers hype it up for you. Sure you are going to get a lot of duds, but I'm older now and have learned how to research the games I buy much more thoroughly. I only pre-order (or in Steam's case Early Access) on rare occasions and after much thought and I get a LOT more bang for my buck this way.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Screw you, I'm a working class console hero. X-bone console supremacist, lime green X jewel purity FTW.

...and, ironically, my current play list is damn near identical to your PC list.
That's awkward.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Is anyone still playing cod advanced warfare on Xbox 1

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Haven't played much of anything for about the past month. I occasionally go back to Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Diablo 3. Been thinking about getting back into Neverwinter online, but.... I don't know. I have this urge to get Resident Evil 7 or Final Fantasy XV

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Nier: Automata, Nioh, Diablo 3, Heroes and Generals, (great free to play WW2 game with 3 factions)
Battlegrounds, Witcher 3, Mass Effect Andromeda. Looking soo forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 and Last of US 2.

A shot I made in Heroes and Generals went viral:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid
Im currently playing final fantasy 15 on ps4, and can honestly say this game is a massive improvement on previous games the franchise has brought out, theirs a lot of detail to almost everything i can interact with in the world (so far) and the fighting is awesome too. Im feeling so far this game has a bit of monster hunter/dragons dogma feel to it (if anyone likes those games) and to finish off ill say the game has been better than my expectations for it.

Have a good day
I liked it. Thought it was a good game, but chapter 13 dropped it from a 9 to a strong 8... There were some plot holes, but nothing so glaring that it took away from the understanding the story or experience. It was good.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Holoball on the Ps4 pro and VR headset.
Managed to wreck a motion controller,a coffee table,china elephant collection and a glass lampshade.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Right now I am playing world of warcraft.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog
Guess I'm still stuck in the past with PC, Return To Castle Wolfenstein and Diablo II.
Don't know if X-Plane X rates as a "game"

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Witcher 3 has become one of my favorite all time games on the PC. Picked up a PS4 end of last year, played Uncharted 4, Last of Us, and still playing Horizon Zero Dawn. That one's gonna take a while!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

My wife and I have been spending quality time together in Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's kind of our version of a date night.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Recently finished playing Mass Effect Andromeda. Much better game than many give it credit for; it's probably not on par with the Mass Effect trilogy, but, not much lives up to that standard, frankly.
edit on 23-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Stuck and sucked back into the EQ2, ever since the last expansion late last year. Due to the limited play time its super hard to catch up with people in my Guild.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
PS4, currently playing gta 5, nascar, driveclub, and war thunder.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: ...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Having a massive blast with Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. Its the closest I can get to my favorite movie, Battle Royale.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I am not a fan of PC games. Prefer the real game, like escape rooms. Last week I have visited one in LA thequestfactory.com... with friends. I had never been to one of these before so did not know what to expect. But we enjoyed it. We escaped with 12 minutes to spare! Great challenge.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The Climb..........unbelievably cool

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm replaying the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series except for Clear Sky, Then I'm going to try out the Call Of Chernobyl mod for Call Of Pripyat and sleep with the light on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join