It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: 'We will stop racing to topple foreign regimes'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I believe what he says, but he is going to have a VERY hard time slowing down the war machine. Stopping Hillary was a good step, but the military machine is backed up by some extremely well resourced, and extremely nefarious entities.

We can only hope. I am sick of losing our friends and family members to pad the wallets of evil men and women.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I'll believe it when I see it. If this is the true direction that the US Marches, I'm all for it. But I'm pretty sure we've all heard a song and dance similar to this before.

Let's see what happens when the military industrial complex that drives Washington gets a real grasp on the situation.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Ironically, Trump doesn't seem to be the slightest bit interested in what our intelligence agencies are up to. This is what one Reuters article from November 30th said:

Only one member of President-elect Donald Trump's transition team is dealing with the CIA and the 16 other offices and agencies that make up the U.S. intelligence community, four U.S. officials said Wednesday.

Just one Trump transition aide for U.S. spy agencies: officials

And a different article from the 23rd claimed he'd been turning away the daily intelligence briefings:

President-elect Donald Trump has received two classified intelligence briefings since his surprise election victory earlier this month, a frequency that is notably lower — at least so far — than that of his predecessors, current and former U.S. officials said.

A team of intelligence analysts has been prepared to deliver daily briefings on global developments and security threats to Trump in the two weeks since he won. Vice President-elect Mike Pence, by contrast, has set aside time for intelligence briefings almost every day since the election, officials said.

Trump turning away intelligence briefers since election win

So how is he going to keep any promise to stop toppling foreign regimes when he literally isn't paying attention to what the CIA and those other agencies are doing? LOL This may be the most obvious case of "plausible deniability" that I've ever seen, yet people are lapping it up. So much for ATS being the home of conspiracy theorists who question official narratives.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I agree its really awesome that he said that but we all know what happens when you actually take power, the rats come out from the back amd say OK HERES HOW IT IS

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Too much logic bro

Not enough money (to be made)
But of course I Agee ein tausend prozent

You served too, you should know we have been the errand lackey cannon fodder boys to make the cigar chewers their money for over a hundred years now..

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Donald Trump has no intention of slowing down the war machine. I watched the speech and I actually typed a few excerpts as it was being given because I was planning on making a thread to discuss it. I haven't gone back and double checked them against other transcripts but they should be pretty accurate. Here are two excerpts from my notes:

We're going to have such a strong powerful military. Tt's not going to be depleted any longer. I mentioned equipment... previously... and I said... equipment. We're going to have the finest equipment in the world. It's gonna be new, it's gonna be modern, it's gonna be clean, it's gonna be the best — that's what we're gonna have — we're not gonna be a depleted military anymore.

We pursue and build up arms not in order to seek conflict but to avoid conflict. we want to be strong. In short, we seek peace through strength.

That is why in my first budget report to congress I am going to ask for the elimination of the defense sequester.

So no.

Depletion. I call it depletion. It gets worse and worse every year. Not for our military.

We will show the world that America is going to be strong again. Stronger than ever before. We're gonna be stronger militarily than ever be before. And hopefully we don't have to use our miltiary but we're gonna be stronger... than ever... before... and there's rarely been a time when we've needed this strength more than we need it right now.

Now he's saying blah blah blah about intervention and that plays well but he dedicated FAR more time in his speech to talking about a military build up. He actually said "build up in arms." Defense contractors everywhere were out shopping for bigger yachts today I'm sure.

Take from that what you will. In my opinion, he sounds like a neocon war hawk 95% of the time until he wants to make a point that he's actually different and then he's blasting the decisions of past administration as failed interventions (which they are). To me, it seems like he's all over the place and I came away with no more clear idea of what to expect than before I heard him speak other than it sounds like he's really intent on enriching defense contractors.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think this sounds like Trump. His war policy is a bit all over the place at times, but in general, he does support going after ISIS and wants to leave other countries alone. I can live with his policy on wars. I especially like his policy of working with Russia in Syria. I think that will clear up the mess there with ISIS and the civil war easier.

I don't want to see him go to war with someone big like China. Trump has an unpredictable temperament and I wonder at the possibility of this.
edit on 07pmWed, 07 Dec 2016 18:18:29 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Its clear people here see through Trump and know what the deal is.

As myself and many here remember the Bush position: NO MORE NATION BUILDING.

Now here's Trump gathering around him practically a military junta type cabinet and people think he’s going to be a peace president!

please

If this wasn’t all so dangerous and sinister I’d say this will be fun to watch

But what Trump and this group will likely do is NOT funny

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I agree its really awesome that he said that but we all know what happens when you actually take power, the rats come out from the back amd say OK HERES HOW IT IS

Obama's campaign promise was that he was going to close Guantanamo.

8 years later, Gitmo is still open for business.

The first thing that tells us is that the President is not in charge.

But, when does the President meet his Masters?

Obviously, not before the elections, and not even before the inauguration.

Rumor has it that Obama has already shown Trump "The Film".

www.ncscooper.com... ing-private-white-house-meeting/

But, this is doubtful, since Trump isn't inaugurated yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

For that to happen Trump has to actually drain the swamp, most notably, the MIC and energy corporations. I don't see him doing that yet and I won't be holding my breath either.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thank you for that a reply to: AMPTAH

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'll give him credit for it if it goes beyond rhetoric, but his foreign policy team doesn't give me much confidence. If he selects John Bolton I think the chances of that staying true are slim to none.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Its clear people here see through Trump and know what the deal is.

As myself and many here remember the Bush position: NO MORE NATION BUILDING.

Now here's Trump gathering around him practically a military junta type cabinet and people think he’s going to be a peace president!

please

yep, if all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail. All his advisers have called for regime changes and preemptive strikes against countries like North Korea and Iran. I'd love if they had a change of heart, but I don't see it in them. I'm anticipating another situation that plays out exactly like the lead up to the war with Iraq, but this time with Iran.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Now2016
Put Hillary in jail, or everything you say from now on is just pathetic lies.

As of this moment he saved 70.000 jobs in america if you dont mind it being mentioned. Hillary's time will come when he actually sits in the white house but people come before hillary.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Now2016

Hillary will wont see a day of gaol time, nonsensical walls will never be built, and all those allegedly undocumented illegals will not be deported in the numbers Trump was preaching a few months back. Not to mention people of the Muslim persuasion will not be banned from entering into the US.

So there goes just about all and any of the guys election promises.

And its not like you cannot say you did not see it coming, the rich will get richer and everyone else will get the same or worse deal than they already have.

Its a beautiful day, hey hey, its a beautiful day.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I'll believe it when I see it. Dubya Bush said similar things when he was running as a "compassionate conservative" in late 2000.

That was [before he was elected.

Just like how obama promised to bring back all troops before he was elected. When he got elected he actually send in more troops.

Trump is elected.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I'll believe it when I see it. Dubya Bush said similar things when he was running as a "compassionate conservative" in late 2000.

The difference is that bush was running for office saying what needed to be said to win. Trump has won. He is saying it now.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

"[O]ur focus must be on defeating terrorism and destroying Isis, and we will.”

And how does he propose to do this?
And how is he going to use the military, once it is rebuilt?

Ronald Reagan, too, had "peace through strength”; increasing military spending and engaging in "low intensity conflicts" in Central America, the Caribbean, Lebanon; CIA involvement in Afghanistan, Africa, Asia.
Foreign policy of the Ronald Reagan administration Reagan had the Cold War and Communism. Trump will have "defeating terrorism and destroying Isis".

Russian family members recently told me that Putin sees Trump as an ally on the "Muslim problem". Will Putin ask Trump for military assistance in Russia's own problems "defeating terrorism and destroying Isis"?

Oh, someone mentioned Bill Clinton earlier. Clinton used military in Yugoslavia and Iraq.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Wait, Trump wants to increase the military, and is appointing a guy for secretary of Defense that thinks we should never have pulled troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, but he's now an isolationist? Color me skeptical.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Trump is making a lot of promises. I hope his schlong is as swift as his words.
#dirtymetaphors

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join