It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: 'We will stop racing to topple foreign regimes'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The border problem is an infrastructure problem.

We have allowed our country to fall to disrepair in so many respects, it has an effect on everybody that lives here. Who takes pride in a home that is constantly being neglected? Nobody.

I hope this is the starting point in a sweet restoration of an American classic.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Right on.

I want to believe in Trump but the last 16 years have left me optimistically cynical. I always hope for the best...but expect the worst. These guys are good at getting our spirits up only to let us down.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That's the way it usually goes. The peace talk is always popular in America.

Very few people enjoy war or burning $$$ for negative causes.

Once elected though... you know the story.
edit on 12/7/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteMustDie
Right on.

I want to believe in Trump but the last 16 years have left me optimistically cynical. I always hope for the best...but expect the worst. These guys are good at getting our spirits up only to let us down.

Before that we had Vietnam, Korea, Yugoslavia, Iraq 1, Grenada, Somalia, etc etc.

And if we start counting the proxy conflicts and the stuff our 'allies' were into, it is just dozens and dozens of conflicts. From Israel to the Falklands... it's a huge list. The 1900s were very war-torn (world wars, cold war), and it still goes on today.
edit on 12/7/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Donald Trump has laid out a US military policy that would avoid interventions in foreign conflicts and instead focus heavily on defeating the Islamic State militancy.

“We will stop racing to topple foreign regimes that we know nothing about, that we shouldn’t be involved with,” the president-elect said on Tuesday night in Fayetteville, near Fort Bragg military base in North Carolina.

“Instead our focus must be on defeating terrorism and destroying Isis, and we will.”

LINK

Excuse me for possibly going overboard, but I feel like JFK's spirit may have been implanted into Donald Trump. I think this is finally an issue where everyone on this forum should be able to rally around Trump.

Why is it that only a Washington outsider could take this position? It's made me sick how America is the biggest warmongering country on the planet. So many Americans have dreamed of having a peace-loving POTUS. I almost feel like pinching myself because I can't believe this is real.

By the way, I believe Trump needs a popemobile.

If this is truly his plan and is executed I believe it will lay to rest any qualms people have with him. He would likely become synonymous with JFK for an act like that. I have already seen many things in him that exhibit the characteristics of JFK, whether intended or not.

I think he really is going to change the US for the better. Especially when it comes to topics like this one.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I'll believe it when I see it. Dubya Bush said similar things when he was running as a "compassionate conservative" in late 2000.

And Bush was told by all the ME experts not to do it.

He was told you can't fight this culture from the top down - - you have to go in and work with them from the bottom up.

The experts told him - - if you go in from the top - - all you will do is unite them in protecting their culture.

Which is exactly what happened.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well said.

I really disliked GW...

But the way you put it together there,.. it's applicable even now.

History doesn't repeat but it rhymes.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Being an Anti trumper doesn’t mean that when Trump advocates a policy I totally agree with such as this one enumerated here means I will support and praise him when he does advocate this kind of policy…the problem is this. Will Trump keep his word? For George W. Bush had the same rhetoric when he got in office in 2000. He said the same thing: he wouldn’t do any regime change or nation building.

What the OP doesn’t understand about America is that this is a establishment and COVERT operation, the Syrian policy.

When Trump gets in office he will be faced with a dilemma: either stick to his promises he made or get in line with the COVERT operation and the neocon policy that is being done right now and that Hillary and Obama were forced to follow.

My bet is Trump will change and go along with the existing policy which means he will break his promise. He may have no choice.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Continuing…to cement my point...

On this issue, the intervention in Syria, the problem is that Trump doesn’t have a establishment constituency who agrees with him because on this issue both right and left are pro Syria intervention and anti-Assad.

If you read the left wing blogs, Daily Beast, Huffington, Salon, etc., mostly they are pro Syrian intervention and certainly the neocons on the right are also anti Assad.

That will cause Trump great anguish and pressure, believe me, and he will be pushed to change.

On other issues such as immigration, if Trump changes he will have a built in constituency on the left who will back him, and that will make it easier to change, whereas on the Syrian issue he has no major constituency to rely on in the US.

Remember the false flag, 911 gave Bush the excuse to change his anti-nation building rhetoric, we have to beware of another false flag that will give Trump the excuse to change and go hog wild regime change and nation building despite his present position...

Think Iran

edit on 7-12-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I shall believe it when I see it. Decades of policy changed overnight? Nope.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why is it that only a Washington outsider could take this position?

As soon as he is sworn in as President, and gets his first real top secret briefing, he'll change his tune.

Betcha he goes back on this promise, and continues to do as all presidents before him have done.

As Obama says, the President doesn't shape the office, the office shapes the President.

edit on 7-12-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I'll believe it when I see it. Dubya Bush said similar things when he was running as a "compassionate conservative" in late 2000.

Are you so ignorant to not see the difference between a campaign promise and a promise by a president elect? Trump already won, so there's is no need for pondering.

Or is it just impossible for you to admit you were wrong about Trump?

Lot's of introspection coming for a lot of people in the coming months. Some of us recognised Trump's integrity from the start. Most were just projecting their own traits onto him, or were too afraid to stray from the herd.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Donald Trump has laid out a US military policy that would avoid interventions in foreign conflicts and instead focus heavily on defeating the Islamic State militancy.

“We will stop racing to topple foreign regimes that we know nothing about, that we shouldn’t be involved with,” the president-elect said on Tuesday night in Fayetteville, near Fort Bragg military base in North Carolina.

“Instead our focus must be on defeating terrorism and destroying Isis, and we will.”

LINK

Excuse me for possibly going overboard, but I feel like JFK's spirit may have been implanted into Donald Trump. I think this is finally an issue where everyone on this forum should be able to rally around Trump.

Why is it that only a Washington outsider could take this position? It's made me sick how America is the biggest warmongering country on the planet. So many Americans have dreamed of having a peace-loving POTUS. I almost feel like pinching myself because I can't believe this is real.

By the way, I believe Trump needs a popemobile.

But I don't see peace in those words... Or is Trump going to be taking out ISIS with his stellar wit?
edit on 7-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious
a reply to: Profusion

Why is it that only a Washington outsider could take this position? It's made me sick how America is the biggest warmongering country on the planet.

Maybe because the past consensus in Washington was to uphold the pax americana with the force of arms?
Every threat to the U.S. economic hegemony was met with military aggression. Instead of fighting the underlying economic weaknesses of the U.S. - they fought the competition.
It will be interesting to see what Trump's alternative will be.

I agree here, this is a very good point. Perhaps he intends on fighting more economically and less militarily.

But what about enforcing the dollar as the world currency? Could this be done economically?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

How long? Always. There will always be a lot of people who'll accept the narratives of our powerbrokers. All it took for people to start accepting Al Nusra Front was for it to literally rebrand itself. Nevermind that they're one of the 2 pillars of terrorism in Syria, along with ISIS.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. People say they don't trust politicians, yet they instantly believe those same politicians every time they open their mouths.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

LOL Keep drinking that kool-aid. How's his "War on ISIS" going to be any different than Bush & Obama's "War on Al-Qaeda"? ISIS is simply the newest pretext for us to keep expanding our AFRICOM & CENTCOM operations. And if ISIS was completely eradicated, they'll just point out a new bogeyman that conveniently appears in all of our areas of interest.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is all set and volley game as I posted in another thread. The real war happens under a GOP president, but democrat president will set the game for them.

Reagan - The entire middle eastern problem come under him, and the creation of Al-CIA-Quida.
Bush I - Iraq war I
Clinton - He couldn't even launch any missile against Bin Laden, people said he is doing it to distract from the investigation. But punted the problem so that a guy like GW can get into all out war
Bush II - Iraq II and Afghanistan
Obama - He couldn't even follow thru his red lines.. But he made sure ISIS and Syria is a burning issue for next president
Trump - People will ask how high I should jump off the cliff when he tells people to Jump. I don't think the majority of the people in this country will supporting him to put boots on the ground if he was elected under a democrat banner. His pandering of veterans etc tells me he is a war time president. May be the usefulness of ISIS will be done under him, then we need another enemy to make Petro Dollar great again. I won't be surprised if we hear Iran as the next big target in coming months.

And Patriot Act II (he is pro-NSA, CIA , MIC darling) will be here soon too.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And beyond the other experts, even his own VP Cheney said this in 1994 about what would happen if we invaded Iraq:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So basically nothing is going to change, he just worded it in a way so it sounds like the opposite of what it really is.

If we continue or heighten the war on ISIS then we will be in the Middle East just as we have been for the past nearly three decades. Same war, "new" boogeyman.

Lol people are so gullible.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

One of the most important parts of politics is communicating undesirable things in a way that people will accept. The MIC will get their wars one way or another.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join