It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California . . . the first Sanctuary State.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

I've lived here all my life. Let me guess they live in an urban area right?

How many years?

I've been all over California throughout the years and I've never seen someone even think about hiring cheap Mexican

The "day laborers" used to stand on street corners. You pick up how ever many you needed. If you found a really good worker, you'd find a way to keep him. He often became your foreman.

It was a simple, effective plan.

Then the crackdowns came and things changed. Fake papers became a serious business.

There's no loyalty anymore. Now it's all about the dollar.

That I totally agree with. People in the cities do not even know what is going on behind the scenes. The illegal immigrants are good workers and most do not complain too much. If you live there you benefit by them being there even if you do not realize it.

I have been friends with a dozen Hispanic guys and gals over the years, a few of them illegal. They are good people and they are used to working. I would hire one in my business if I was still working, well, actually I did, my son in law was not here legally, he waited for a while after he was supposed to apply on his own after eighteen for financial reasons, he was legally in the country from the time he was five then turned illegal at eighteen. We talked about how it was in Los Angeles quite a bit, being a hispanic immigrant. He is a good guy now that he has grown up a bit, he was a little rowdy when he moved up here, liked to party. He grew out of it and works at a trucking company here now, a decent job.

I learned a lot from the Hispanic people from there I guess, I see it from their point of view as well as the point of view of friends that live there. I just feel that the immigrants should apply for citizenship or dual citizenship. Resident aliens are at least taking the step to get legal. My Son in law cannot vote because he is not a citizen, he said it doesn't matter, both candidates sucked this time anyway. Here in Michigan it is hard for a non citizen to vote but not impossible.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There are already laws against this "sanctuary" nonsense the federal government needs to start enforcing the laws,start arresting and locking up governors,mayors, city councils etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Considering California used to be Mexico which was stolen by the US federal law regarding immigration in states where the border crossed them is a giant distraction. Empires always get into immigration tiffs while they collapse and the biggest thieves pit the poor against each other.
edit on 7-12-2016 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Annee

Respectfully -

I always find it interesting when someone makes an argument against my point while demonstrating they have not spent any time researching it.

How are you arriving at your conclusion without the research?

How are questions arguments?

RE-read my post then try again.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sanctuary, my buttocks! You know how many droves of Californians are invading my state because of how expensive and overpopulated CA is?

You know it's getting bad when even Californians don't want to be in California anymore.

Hell, we need a wall to keep Californians out!

You are so correct on this matter. I cant even drive 2 miles without some DB in a lifted truck with his SO CAL sticker across the entire back window and AZ plates. Makes me sick. Go back to SO CAL if you love it so much. But they are all flooding to AZ because our job market is great and housing is cheap. A 2 bedroom apt in San Diego goes for 1500+ in CA, that same apt in AZ you can find for 700+.

Don't get me wrong im all for finding greener pastures in life but don't find a greener pasture then do nothing but talk about the other pasture like its the best pasture in the world when you wont even live there.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Federal Preemption.

Sorry but California can't do this and neither can cities.

The states can secede all they want.

You can't force people to remain in a contract.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FrogGod

Yea... in theory... good luck trying to make a go of it solo... I wouldn't give California 30 days.

Wouldn't even need to force them back, they would look for a sugar daddy within 2 weeks...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FrogGod

There are only 2 ways a state can secede from the US.

1 - armed rebellion.
2 - consent of the states (all of them).

Good luck in either instance because CA is not going anywhere.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

"Come join our association, if you don't like it, you'll need our permission to leave"

Sounds like an abusive relationship.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FrogGod

"Come join our association, if you don't like it, you'll need our permission to leave"

Then maybe people should read the Constitution and the Federalist papers in addition to a US Supreme Court ruling dealing with the civil war to understand how it works.

do it right and within the law and they might get somewhere. Do it the wrong way and they will see first hand how Posse Comitatus will no longer apply and how that works with a state of rebellion.
edit on 12-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You have members of a city council desiring that their state become a sanctuary state.

You'd think that they would know better.

How could they. None of them live in regular neighborhoods.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You are free to leave the u.s if you disagree with its laws and constitution.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

"Leave the way I want you to so I don't hurt you"

Definitely an abusive relationship.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Or I can form societies with like-minded individuals wherever I see fit.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

"Leave the way I want you to so I don't hurt you"

Definitely an abusive relationship.

Or leave the way the law prescribes, which applies to all states, because contrary to California popular belief the people of California arent any more special than the rest of the people in this nation and should not get special treatment all because the leaders of this asinine movement are sore losers and cant accept the fact Clinton lost.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Or I can form societies with like-minded individuals wherever I see fit.

And what is that going to do for you? You still live in the same country with the same law you do not agree with. Just like all the muslims who do not agree with the law but wish to replace it with another law, sharia, leave if you dont like it. Stay if you like but accept the rules.

If you dont like how the united nations are being kept together then your only real choice is to leave, that is the reality of it. You wont be changing the constitution any time soon and you wont ever have a america without one.

Go live in mexico if that is how you prefer it it is not that far away.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Or leave the way the law prescribes, which applies to all states, because contrary to California popular belief the people of California arent any more special than the rest of the people in this nation and should not get special treatment all because the leaders of this asinine movement are sore losers and cant accept the fact Clinton lost.

It has nothing to do with being special. It has everything to do with all humans having the right to freely associate.

You can't force people into contracts. If people from California want to leave, we don't have the right to stop them (same with the people from any state).

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I don't have to go anywhere.

You have zero claim over where I go or what I do, as long as I am not harming your body or property.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join