It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California . . . the first Sanctuary State.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, it's ironic Trump caused this but in reality Obama has been deporting illegals in record numbers, way more than Bush, so the question is can Trump beat Obamas record?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If they do I vote war on California and Mexico. That may be a little too liberal. Let's boycott them .

#California Doesn't Deceide America

It's more important to have woman president who's going to jail. God they're dumb. What do you expect when 1/3 are probably illegal and come from hang on a thread third world nation.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Once Fed dollars are cut people will be pissed their roads and services suck. At that point it is screw illegals. We want the Fed dollars to fix this #.

Illegals will be tossed aside at that point as a long range plan to out breed legal citizens to create a revolving door of poverty and needy.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There are a lot of good people in California that do not agree with the liberal progressive communist leaders in this large state. Trump needs to incarcerate governor Brown. And punish the cities like San Francisco that play that game

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

These people are old, delusional hippies. It can't be helped.

Hey , I resemble that remark . But you are absolutely correct. Old delusional hippies that joined the Sierra club (damn glad I didnt)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Sanctuary, my buttocks! You know how many droves of Californians are invading my state because of how expensive and overpopulated CA is?

You know it's getting bad when even Californians don't want to be in California anymore.

Hell, we need a wall to keep Californians out!

California isn't overpopulated... los angels and the Bay Area are overpopulated. I can drive ten minutes in either direction here in Northern California and not see a soul until I get to either the ocean or the Oregon and Nevada borders.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Fine, I'll concede to your hair-splitting..

Because of ...'densely populated areas'...which may or may not consist of a population of illegal immigrants.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Sanctuary, my buttocks! You know how many droves of Californians are invading my state because of how expensive and overpopulated CA is?

You know it's getting bad when even Californians don't want to be in California anymore.

Hell, we need a wall to keep Californians out!

That is how Democrats do it. Stack people on top of each other, make them miserable then promise the world and never deliver.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
California people just wants more low paid illegals to do their work so they can sit in comfort and not have to clean their homes or take care of their yards. They can stretch their money that way instead of hiring contractors. or the contractors can do the work cheaper and get more work.

The average illegal immigrant in California makes way less than the average worker does there.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
California people just wants more low paid illegals to do their work so they can sit in comfort and not have to clean their homes or take care of their yards. They can stretch their money that way instead of hiring contractors. or the contractors can do the work cheaper and get more work.

The average illegal immigrant in California makes way less than the average worker does there.

Have you even been to California or have you just been eating all the stereotypical bull# that the television has been spewing for years?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Imagine that. A densely populated metropolitan area trying to make policy for an entire state. This small area making policy recommendations that affect everyone in the state, even those rural northern California areas that may not agree.

Sounds a lot like the Democratic whining about the popular vote meaning more than everyone's vote in a large geographic area.

Doesn't sound fair now does it?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Careful what they wish for. Sounds like in all the hysteria they'll end up with most of the illegals, and definitely ALL of the criminal illegals. I say let them have their Utopia. Will make for a great case study in all these liberal dreams of endless flows of illegals at rapid rates.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Thats why they will have an earthquake that will destroy most of the state. A quake will occur when new cars will have no side mirrors, meaning side mirrors will be replaced with cameras, thats when you need to move out of california.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
California is NOT the Federally Funded Welfare State.

Nor is it Liberal - - except for a few concentrated high population areas.

Rank (1 = Most Dependent) State Total Score ‘State Residents’ Dependency’ Rank ‘State Government’s Dependency’ Rank

1 Mississippi
2 New Mexico
3 Alabama
4 Louisiana
5 Tennessee
6 Montana
7 South Dakota
8 Kentucky
9 West Virginia
10 Missouri
11 Georgia
12 Maine
13 Arizona
14 South Carolina
15 North Dakota
16 Wyoming
17 Idaho
18 Indiana
19 Oregon
20 Oklahoma
21 Vermont
22 Maryland
23 Rhode Island
24 Michigan
25 Ohio
26 North Carolina
27 Arkansas
28 Pennsylvania
29 Texas
30 Florida
31 Iowa
32 Nebraska
33 Utah
34 Wisconsin
35 Colorado
36 Washington
37 Hawaii
38 Massachusetts
39 Virginia
40 Alaska
41 New York
42 New Hampshire
43 Minnesota
44 Nevada
45 Illinois
46 California
47 Kansas
48 New Jersey
49 Connecticut
50 Delaware

wallethub.com...

edit on 7-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Have you even been to California or have you just been eating all the stereotypical bull# that the television has been spewing for years?

I have friends who live in California. This is going on there, do you live there? If you do, Do you pay attention to what is really going on or do you just ignore this kind of stuff happening..

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

California runs its own welfare state.

Very few of its welfare recipients use federal funding.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I have friends who live in California. This is going on there, do you live there? If you do, Do you pay attention to what is really going on or do you just ignore this kind of stuff happening..

Basically, everything is going on in CA.

Its a big, diverse state.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Indeed. I just wish we could slow down the craziness of their government.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Annee

Indeed. I just wish we could slow down the craziness of their government.

Why is it crazy?

CA has had its own Civil Rights Act - - which includes protection for sexual orientation since 1959.

If that makes us Liberal and Progressive - - good for us.

The Unruh Civil Rights Act is a piece of California legislation that specifically outlaws discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, or sexual orientation. This law applies to all businesses such as hotels and motels, restaurants, theaters, hospitals, barber and beauty shops, housing accommodations, and retail establishments. The law was enacted in 1959 and was named for its author, Jesse M. Unruh. The Unruh Civil Rights Act is codified as California Civil Code section 51. en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Once Fed dollars are cut people will be pissed their roads and services suck. At that point it is screw illegals. We want the Fed dollars to fix this #.

Illegals will be tossed aside at that point as a long range plan to out breed legal citizens to create a revolving door of poverty and needy.

If they remain a state I agree. On the hypothetical side if California left it would be different story all together. Currently the California economy is in the worlds top 10 at around $2.5 trillion. Not having to send money to Washington could easily make up for lost federal funds.

The city of New York, which has talked about seceding from the state of New York and becoming their own entity would have the same results. ill look for the figures but just as an hypothetical example new york brings in 10 billion in tax revenue that goes to Albany. Albany then sends only 2 billion back to new york city. Removing the state government
new York would be a self sufficient city capable of funding a lot of social programs with ease without affecting other budgetary requirements.

The current push for California to leave comes from a group that already ruled out armed rebellion. That leaves consent of the states as their only option. To be clear, consent of the states, plural, means just that. All 50 states would get their say in CA leaving.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join