It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this gender subject is not interesting.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtheAlmightyOne
There are only 2 sex chromosomes for humans X and Y. Yes rarely there ade people born with Xxy or xxx or whatever. I wasnt be8ng insensitive or incorrect.reply to: imjack

You were incorrect, and again, in addition to that, there are also people born with the wrong genitalia, or no genitalia.

Chromosomes do not fully dictate your genitals, or your gender. You WERE insensitive, saying they 'don't understand' when you don't even understand.

Gender is a socially derived concept. Someone without a Penis can be Male. Having a Penis does not make you male.

Someone can be Male with a variety of different chromosomes.

The idea that chromosomes dictate gender, is a meme from the Right. The definition of gender specifically discludes biological sex.

gen·der
ˈjendər/Submit
noun
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

The truth is, they don't follow their own ignorant logic on this topic too when it comes to Trans that are 'better looking'. In other words, Hormones is all that really matters to the right. The is embarrassing to admit for them because it would nullify their entire point on the topic that people "can't" transition.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

They're also completely dismissing intersex individuals. People biologically born with characteristics of both genders whether that is genitalia, physical body or hormones.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AtheAlmightyOne

I'm just starting to ignore it...whenever I see one of these.."reeducation posts??" online or whatever?? For one, i cant even keep up, and for another one (? correct grammar) Hermies and so on dont have anything to with...whatever else it is they're talking about???
edit on 6-12-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Whateved ghey want to say possessing xx makes one a female possessing xy makes one male. Other species of animals.gender is determined differently. Sure there may be outliers, nature isnt perfect. But idc what some libtard rewriting books says.Ones sex is a biological fact.reply to: breakingbs

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Whateved ghey want to say possessing xx makes one a female possessing xy makes one male. Other species of animals.gender is determined differently. Sure there may be outliers, nature isnt perfect. But idc what some libtard rewriting books says.Ones sex is a biological fact.reply to: breakingbs

Ones Biological Sex, is not directly tied to ones Gender. This is why there are two words. Gender, and sex.

A Trans Male-Female claiming they are Female Gender is correct language.

A Trans Male-Female claiming they are Female sex is not.

Society overlooks the second part once they've finished 'transitioning' normally. Sometimes even before.

Gender is a word that is what is stereo-typically derived from the Male and Female sex. Biological Male and Females make up what the Stereotypes Male and Female Gender variants suggest, but that is not how they are allocated into the groups.

Edit: Basically you're running around telling people they are incorrect and correcting them, synonymously using 1 words definition as the definition of both. They have different definitions. Someones Biological Sex is a fact. Gender is derived. I already posted the definition, let me bold it I guess

the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

You're not alone though, it's a meme of disinfo.
edit on 7-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I try to not get involved in the chromo whatever argument even if science proves it true, because that is precisely when some person comes along and says precisely:"56 details about 2 or 3 one off variations" and I don't want to hear either side of that..for the most part I think I can tell..and if I can't, well oh well..not that it happens that often..
edit on 7-12-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The American Psychiatric Association

Yeah , a wonderful group under the even better UN's WHO
end venom dripping sarcasm

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

I'm just starting to ignore it...whenever I see one of these.."reeducation posts??" online or whatever?? For one, i cant even keep up, and for another one (? correct grammar) Hermies and so on dont have anything to with...whatever else it is they're talking about???

YOU started the thread. This is what YOU get.

It is not re education posts, apparently, ion this case, it is education posts.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You are trashing the entirety of The American Psychiatric Association? That is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Another anti-Trans thread - - - complaining about Trans threads.

Bringing the ignorance with it too.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
Chromosomes do not fully dictate your genitals,

Yes they do. if you have male chromosomes, you are gonna have a unit.

or your gender.

Depends on how you view the term gender. there are 2 genders, and I accept sexual dysphoria..aka, wired wrong in the brain compared to the body. Its very rare but not unheard of. Many of the transexuals are this, but not all..not even most (as of today who are trendtrans people)

You WERE insensitive, saying they 'don't understand' when you don't even understand.

To be fair, you seem confused also though

Gender is a socially derived concept.

No, its a observed set of behaviors most typically associated with biological differences

Someone without a Penis can be Male.

No, they cant. they can be masculine, but we are a sexually dymorphic species..you are male or female based on chromosomes.
Now, there is the new psychological stuff..you can be a woman or man but not necessarily born that way, but going down to the more science behind it...no matter what you do to your genitals, or if you like football or dolls, you are still just the gender you were born into.
Its difficult when you are trying to discuss both the science and the sociological. There needs to be a new word to seperate what you are discussing...like trying to discuss "the jews"..are you speaking of the people or the religion type thing.

Having a Penis does not make you male.

Yes it does. It doesn't mean you will be masculine, and you may choose to transition into a woman (social female), but you will always be a man.

Someone can be Male with a variety of different chromosomes.

like XYP XXA? variety? no..there are only 2 normal makeups. XX and XY..sometimes there are extra bits attached, hermaphrodites are a rare things also, but overall the sweeping vast majority to the tune of what, 98% or so is the norm xx or xy.

The idea that chromosomes dictate gender, is a meme from the Right. The definition of gender specifically discludes biological sex.

Its not a meme from the right. its a scientific understanding of our animalistic species in regards to chromosomes.
There are plenty of transsexual right wingers also (Bruce Jenner, Blaire White to name 2 very public ones).
You cant just dismiss a debate calling it some political thing you also dismiss simply because you are sold on some absolute bullocks being vomited out of gender studies liberal arts course professors who spend their entire days trying to "rip down the patriarchy and gender norms". Sorry..that degree is worthless and the arguments they put forward is absurdly illogical.

The truth is, they don't follow their own ignorant logic on this topic too when it comes to Trans that are 'better looking'. In other words, Hormones is all that really matters to the right. The is embarrassing to admit for them because it would nullify their entire point on the topic that people "can't" transition.

strawman to otherise and villianize anyone who would give a counterpoint. lost argument.

Gender is not a social construct. If it was, then whats the point of transitioning and spending all the money to appear different? its all just a construct..your argument can only then be reduced down to any trans who wants to change their physical appearance (aka: actually trans) over a social construct must be suffering some mental disorder..after all, ripping apart your body because of a social construct is madness.

Its a biological norm, and trans people are suffering gender dysphoria..wrong body for the brain. Stop diminishing what they are going through with your bullcrap everyone is a he/she and gender is all an illusion crap.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: imjack

They're also completely dismissing intersex individuals. People biologically born with characteristics of both genders whether that is genitalia, physical body or hormones.

Yes, sane people dismiss that on both sides..even trans folks dismiss those lunatics. the whole 83 gender nonsense is just some tween super-feminist crap going on.

Here is how you know its crap
you can find trans people both as republican and democrat. liberal and conservative. feminists and nonfeminists.

You will pretty much never find some Xir/Ze nonsense that isn't a hardcore feminist progressive.
Its a ideology that mocks trans people..they shouldn't be just ignored, they should be mocked.

Male and Female...you can have a spectrum within...a gentle male, a "butch" female, but that doesn't mean they are a new special gender..just means they are not as feminine or masculine.

Here, a nice youtube video from a trans person explaining this
only 2 genders
edit on 7-12-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Another anti-Trans thread - - - complaining about Trans threads.

Bringing the ignorance with it too.

Ignorance on many sides here, but it is through debate and discussion when things are learned (sometimes anyhow)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
edit on 7-12-2016 by breakingbs because: not going there...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Seems like a mental disorder, whether or not it's been around forever, makes it no less than a mental disorder.

Umm..mental disorder.
Thats...technically not...inaccurate.
It is more of a neurological disorder.

They have shown that many of the trans people, who have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria, actually think..brain wired up, like the gender they are identifying as.
For instance, you are a guy, you got guy brain patterns, etc...cool
a trans guy will feel like a girl. they will check and sure enough their brain is working much more like a womans. wired differently.
So, saying its a mental disorder is sort of reductionist and a bit like saying a paralized person is having a physical disorder.

Sure..sort of accurate but not really grasping the entire effect of it.
As far as how few people it effects. I dont know the numbers, but its inconsequencial. if there is some people dealing with it, then its good to accept it simply for the rule of not being a complete bag of poop as a human being..doesn't mean you have to make special consessions..just dont be a douche about other peoples disorders for your lulz.

You may find legit trans people are some of the coolest people you may ever know (or not..they are just people after all)..but judging someone based on any difference...color, gender, gender oddness, handicap, etc will not serve you well in becoming a decent human being.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

How is making fun of judging?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

How is making fun of judging?

The post I was replying to wasn't overall, just stating his opinion, but normally anyone who starts off by saying its a mental disorder is shortly after that starting on insults and other type gross behavior..just sort of putting that out there for anyone who would benefit from a bit of a brow beating towards treating others as crap simply for a disorder.
Not even for AtheAlmightyOne if it doesn't reflect him..but others with the mindset of being a bully.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Gothmog

You are trashing the entirety of The American Psychiatric Association? That is ridiculous.

Nope. Just trashing the group that gives em orders on what to find....

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Oh...ok..

edit on 7-12-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

?

Have we been using the same ATS?

I remember a lot of threads about the bathroom debate, a lot of angst about men pretending to be women and spying on our kids taking a loo break.

Think of the kids!

No, in all honesty it's something that brought the dirty under belly of ATS out into the light of the sun.

This thread has been... Entertaining, but I can already see the cheap jabs thrown at those who identify better with the other gender, cheap shots at sexuality... Damn, their was the whole gay marriage fiasco too, remember that?

No?
Maybe you were reading a different ATS in another timeline.

Fact is gender issues isn't new and nor is homosexuality (ancient Greece) heck my dog shows signs of attraction to it's own gender or maybe he's a randy dog... I don't know.

What I do know iss you might as well move to Russia or get used to it, everyone is afforded the same rights it's just took a lot of hard work to battle the stigma of gender change and homosexuality.

Still a lot of stigma and the dinosaurs are not evolving, they'll die out though... Just give it time.
edit on 7-12-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join