It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgruntled Democrats Want A Constitutional Convention To Leave The Union

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Red states are the welfare queens.

The vast majority in Democrat voting pockets.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was not talking liberal or conservative. I was talking Republicans and Democrats. Both parties have their liberal and conservative members. This whole chaos we are in seems to radiate out of California which is actually more democratic and liberal that many other states.

There seems to be way too many polarized Democrats in California who are getting a little too messed up in political issues, the whole system is flawed, regular people should not get obsessed with the candidates. The best deceivers get to apply for president, the ones who can trick the most people into believing in them win the right to run on the Democratic or republican ticket. Confidence is the deciding trait that gets someone in office.

The fact that that confidence is not based on reality is immaterial, throw a bunch of cherry picked evidence out there to back your claims and use ad-hominum techniques to crush those who would challenge you. That is what it is all about, the best candidate is the one who can convince the most people.

Why do people get hung up on potitics now, the conversations should be banned after the elections. The recount in Wisconsin did not make much difference, Trump still won. I expect the same thing in other states, all the recount did is to attempt to punish the citizens in these states for voting for the other candidate. Our state and Wisconsin will pass this cost down to it's taxpayers. I think we should never vote for the Democrats or green party again because it is costing us money because of their ire. Maybe we should demand that California do a recount to see the real percentage there. Their system of allowing anyone with a utility bill to vote is rediculous, there is so much room for deception there it is dumb. You should have a legal ID to be able to vote, and anyone with a false ID should be put in jail. That is everywhere, no matter what state your are in or party you are affiliated with.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What does the recount have to do with any of this? The recount is totally irrelevant to my post. The recount is another issue happening in the other half of the country for reasons unrelated to my original post. Honestly, I felt the whole recount was a waste of time and money and it didn't even get anywhere near addressing the real issues: the possibility of foreign interference.

I was born and mostly raised in California, and like many natives, I left my home state years ago and relocated to the Pac Northwest because California was becoming the basket case it is today. Why did my home state go down the tubes? A lot of reasons, and both the left and right are equally to blame. But one thing became apparent after living and traveling in the U.S. and overseas: I feel that many of California's problems either stem from, or are aggravated by, the federal government and California being part of the U.S. And I think California has a far better shot at fixing it's problems on it's own, or better yet, as part of a West coast nation.

California does have serious problems with it's liberal establishment as well as its conservative one, but again, these are problems it would have better success dealing with away from the rest of the union.

It helps to remember that the majority of people in California come from elsewhere, both out of state and out of country. That actually affects a lot of things going down in Cali.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

What does the recount have to do with any of this? The recount is totally irrelevant to my post. The recount is another issue happening in the other half of the country for reasons unrelated to my original post. Honestly, I felt the whole recount was a waste of time and money and it didn't even get anywhere near addressing the real issues: the possibility of foreign interference.

I was born and mostly raised in California, and like many natives, I left my home state years ago and relocated to the Pac Northwest because California was becoming the basket case it is today. Why did my home state go down the tubes? A lot of reasons, and both the left and right are equally to blame. But one thing became apparent after living and traveling in the U.S. and overseas: I feel that many of California's problems either stem from, or are aggravated by, the federal government and California being part of the U.S. And I think California has a far better shot at fixing it's problems on it's own, or better yet, as part of a West coast nation.

California does have serious problems with it's liberal establishment as well as its conservative one, but again, these are problems it would have better success dealing with away from the rest of the union.

It helps to remember that the majority of people in California come from elsewhere, both out of state and out of country. That actually affects a lot of things going down in Cali.

I agree, the people in California seem to be getting a feeling of entitlement, that is the problem. When some of my friends moved there in the mid seventies the people were nice out there, not nearly as polarized as they are now. Their polarization and increased feeling of entitlement has been increasing at a rate faster than most states over the years. Texas is another state that is getting kind of anxious, they want to go on their own too. Chicago people are different but similar to most people, everyone there has the same ideals, keep from getting shot.

New York just wants to dominate the country, they are a little different. New York city people are mingling with Wall-street people a little too much, New Yorkers seem strange to me, I have known some that came here and they seem like they are from a different country all together. I have been to many states over my life and talked to many people. Detroit people are not like New Yorkers, neither are Milwaukee people. I am sure that not all New Yorkers are like the ones I knew, but I do see the same traits in New Yorkers, it must be sort of a social way of life. I am not saying bad, just different. I think of Green Acres when I think of New York.

Notice both candidates came from New York this year.

People from everywhere are a little different, but we can all get along even with those differences. But when an area gets to shoving their ideas onto other areas it kind of makes me a little uneasy.

We got a problem with Roundabouts taking over our communities, the people don't want them but the heads of the communities see dollar signs and make evidence to show they are safer. I know the cops, they say that they cannot mark an accident is on the roundabout, they mark it as the highway. Roundabouts suck here in the north where we have lots of snow, the plow truck drivers don't like them either. But we recently got one shoved down our throats in an area with lots of snowfall and nobody likes it. Now they are going to have free classes to teach people how to drive on them. I can think of better things to do with my time. The government would give two thirds of the money to build one of these Fad things, but not to repair roads. So since it was good for the contractor and created summer jobs for four months, everyone gets to suffer with an impractical intersection. They will also need one dedicated plow driver just to clear those things.

Do you see the connection in the example I tried to give? Probably not, but I got to vent my disapproval of the roundabout.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I could get the Democrats elected in a sweeping fashion in 2020 easy as pie. Abandon the liberal planks of their platform, and replace them with labor planks.

Labor is under represented. Its the one thing that would unite the nation. Its all about our ability to provide for our families, or the lack thereof. And our most educated, our college graduates, would flock to the cause. They have loans to repay, afterall.

The DNC used to support labor more than liberal. They've lost sight in this stupid partisan game.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I wouldn't say it is a sense of entitlement in California. But I do agree with your assessment that places like New York and the East in general have entirely too much influence over the U.S. in general, and this is one of the reasons for disconnect, and why I believe that eventual secession and break up of the U.S. is inevitable, and probably a good thing.

One of the problems in California, like I said, is the amount of outside influence the state has. Much of the "Liberal" establishment in California is actually outsiders taking advantage of the social and cultural climate of California and the west, which was one open minded tolerance of different systems and a willingness to try new things. The authoritarian nature of the liberal establishment in California came from the Eastern Seaboard liberals migrating out our way. When you look at both the west and east coasts, whether left or right politically, you will find that everything out west naturally tends more towards a laid back, less authoritarian, less in your face, where the east coast is way more establishment, way more authoritarian in nature, from a cultural, social, and political perspective. In fact, this dynamic was one of the reasons so many people from the East migrated west, but far fewer went the other direction. It is because the west in general tended to be a place more open to innovation, change, invention, and a newer, less fixed order. This isn't just the coast, but many of the states west of the Rockies.

If you want a good example of this, look no further than the three most notoriously annoying, useless senators and represenatives from California: Diane Feinstein, Barbra Boxer, and Nancy Pelosi. Of those three, only Feinstein is a California Native. Boxer was from NYC, and Pelosi from Maryland. This trend has actually been a problem since the early 70s, when the outside Liberals really swarmed in numbers from everywhere. Hell, actually being a native born Californian was a relatively rare thing then, and still is now.

But again, it is not just the liberals to blame. Outside conservatism also threatens native conservatism. And in California, the native conservative establishment was actually much closer to libertarianism, even amongst Republicans. Hell, growing up and in my youth, it was one of the reasons I leaned towards the conservatives, and favored them. With all the out of state left wing moonbats squaking up in Berkley and Frisco, it was the sane, rational conservatives that won my respect. But they were nothing like the mass of conservatives and Republicans today. They were actually sane, reasonable, realistic. They managed to support and represent conservative values very well without bringing religion or emotion or dumbed down rhetoric into the discussion. But again, outside influence is also ruining this.

One of the reasons state taxation is so insane in California, is because they state does not like depending on the feds for anything. Like I said, it wants to be its own self sufficient state. However, it still has to pay taxes to the feds and the rest of the country, and is subject to the feds bs as well. Including the feds coming in and trying to overturn everything they do. And it is clear that the west coast and the feds don't agree on anything.

I'll give you a few examples. Back in 1996, California had two controversial props that passed. The first everyone knows and loves: the first legal medical marijuana laws. I'm sure you know the continuing saga of the feds and our beloved plant. But another prop that got passed and denied by the feds, but ignored. was the one ending affirmative action. Yes, even in the "loony liberal" state of California, we tried to get rid of affirmative action (I was still living there at the time, and voted). But the feds said no. And we battled. It just goes to show you that the problems I am talking about go far beyond the west coast just being mad leftists. We aren't. We are, apparently, a completely different country and society now from the rest of the country, but especially the old establishment back east.

And it isn't just the west, either. The other states and regions who want their own secession movements have pretty valid reasons and beefs of their own with the federal government and union, and of them, I would say they are definitely culturally, politically, and socially different from us to validate being a seperate country of their own. I actually see the U.S. breaking up in the next 30 years due to a number of long standing issues that transcend party and whose clown occupies the white house.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
One big reason the democrats lost was them supporting Black Lives Mater.
That teed off many people that saw the BLM demostrators looting and burning other peoples property.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The fact that you put south Florida in Blue, when Trump won SF, among many other states, shows that picture of yours is wrong...

That picture might have been true in 2007-2008, but not anymore.
edit on 10-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join