It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgruntled Democrats Want A Constitutional Convention To Leave The Union

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Fine. Let them leave. Let them starve. Let the Hunger Games begin. Long live Panem!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"I don’t think we can sustain our American democracy by having the majority (non-Hillary voters 52%) ruled by the minority (Hillary's cult 48%)."

I wholeheartedly agree.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

After further consideration, I will forgive your ' give them Arizona' comment.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Taxation without representation. Good enough reason. Conservative southerners have threatened leaving the same in the last 8 years. And hmm...they actually tried to and caused a war at one time. Which, we all know, they lost.

edit on 6-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
"I don’t think we can sustain our American democracy by having the majority (non-Hillary voters 52%) ruled by the minority (Hillary's cult 48%)."

I wholeheartedly agree.

Those percentages are not correct.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I wholeheartedly agree.

Those percentages are not correct.

True...it's more like 70% didn't vote for Hillary, 30% did

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

For the millionth time.

HILLARY DID NOT GET A MAJORITY.

the majority, over half of American voters, did not vote for her.

Hillary got more than 2 million votes more than her. Unless I got this wrong? You have an unbiased source that says otherwise?

If you're talking about the Electoral College then yes, she did not win the Electoral College.

If this is about the 3 million illegal voters BS that people are pulling out of thin air then no.

She definitely has the popular vote. There was some internet meme saying she didn't, was a hoax. But Deny Arrogance will also deny math.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Over 200 million voters

Tom Bonier, CEO of TargetSmart, said national registration now stands at 200,081,377 voters.

www.politico.com...

69 million voted for Hillary
You do the math.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

A California U.S. Congresswoman is saying we just can't have the minority ruling the majority

What a bunch of malarkey (especially coming from California where they put gay marriage up for a proposition and when "the majority" voted it down.... "the minority" overturned it in the courts).

I have no real issue with gay marriage.... but I have a real issue with this type of hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

the constitution is fine, Congress took an oath to uphold it not to try to change it

That's the military's oath. Congress has the power to change the constitution, that's why the founding fathers made the amendment process, duh.

And they are right, our system currently allows cavemen from worthless states like Oklahoma to ruin the country for the rest of us, as well as the stupid electoral college system with small states thwarting the wishes of the majority of Americans.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Congress has the power to change the constitution, that's why the founding fathers made the amendment process

Exactly right.....

But.... when you say.....

our system currently allows cavemen from worthless states like Oklahoma to ruin the country for the rest of us
..... YOU come across looking like the stupid caveman.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Maybe a slow boat to Venezuela
and 6 months in a "Re-education"
camp will help them.

Nothing like a food and toilet paper
line as an example of a modern handout.

Is there?

S&F

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You're absolutely correct those numbers are no where near correct.

The real numbers are as follows: There are 200,081,377 registered voters of those voters 65,383,628 voted for Hillary. As you can see the percentage of registered voters that voted for Hillary is less than 33%

So in reality what you are arguing for is control of the country by a 33% minority. I think not .

The interesting thing about it is that according to politico more than 50 million new people have registered to vote in the past eight years.

Also according to politico:

Tom Bonier, CEO of TargetSmart, said national registration now stands at 200,081,377 voters. The figure means more than 50 million new people have registered to vote in the past eight years. Only 146.3 million were registered as recently as 2008, when then-Sen. Barack Obama first won the White House — a remarkable 33 percent surge in the electorate during a single presidency.

Overall, TargetSmart found that 42.6 percent of the new voters registered this year lean Democratic, and only 29 percent lean Republican (28.4 percent lean independent).

So if the Democratic base increased by such large numbers how is it that Hillary lost? The answer is she is extremely unpopular.

Let me give you another example. When Obama got elected in 2008 there were 146.3 million registered voters. Of those voters Obama got 69,498,516.

Hillary even with a 22 million increase in registered democrats can only manage 65,383,628 that is 4 million less than Obama 8 years ago.

So where did the idea that Hillary is popular come from?

link

edit on 6-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah you by the way seem to be the one denying math.
edit on 6-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Let us not forget when Obama won, how many Republicans called for secession? How short of memory of we. Governor Perry of Texas, Sanford of South Carolina? Secessionist movements? The tea parties? This time it's just switched around.

Every election year, there will be a segment of want side that wants to pack their toys and leave because things didn't go their way.

Texas V. White 1869. The matter has been settled.

Well the new Supreme court could Overturn that decision rendering that Amendment null.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Hillary voters are a minority of the voters at 48%

So are Trump supporters who only got 46%.

It's a fact that Hillary got more votes than any of the other candidates, 2.7 million more than Trump. There are good what? 5 million or so who voted neither Trump or Hillary.

Nice way of twisting the facts. Whatever makes you sleep.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Let us not forget when Obama won, how many Republicans called for secession? How short of memory of we. Governor Perry of Texas, Sanford of South Carolina? Secessionist movements? The tea parties? This time it's just switched around.

Every election year, there will be a segment of want side that wants to pack their toys and leave because things didn't go their way.

Texas V. White 1869. The matter has been settled.

Well the new Supreme court could Overturn that decision rendering that Amendment null.

Correct, though this is highly unlikely. This would only lead to the complete dismantlement of the United States and there are too many interests at stake to allow this.

It is a fact of history, the United States was born out of force. Sure the first colonies came together and brought about the constitution, but the continued expansion of the US to what it is today.... through the Mexican American war where Mexican territories were ceded by force, Texas joined, the war of 1812, the annexation of Hawaii, the removal of many native americans, the civil war, all of that brought about these United States. The US would not be where it is today if this Union was 'voluntary'.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Hillary voters are a minority of the voters at 48%

So are Trump supporters who only got 46%.

It's a fact that Hillary got more votes than any of the other candidates, 2.7 million more than Trump. There are good what? 5 million or so who voted neither Trump or Hillary.

Nice way of twisting the facts. Whatever makes you sleep.

So when you figure in the 5 million that voted against both, she did not get 50% of those that voted right?

She beat trump in popular vote no doubt... but a few million more voted against her than voted for her.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So when you figure in the 5 million that voted against both, she did not get 50% of those that voted right?

Where did I say she got more than 50% of the vote?

I said, rather clearly, that she got more than 2 million votes on Trump and got more votes than the other candidates.

Is this wrong? Please do tell me I'm wrong. Thanks.

She beat trump in popular vote no doubt... but a few million more voted against her than voted for her.

And afew million of those didn't vote for Trump either. What's your point?

Does it change the fact she got more than 2 million votes more than Trump? No.

If anything this looks terrible for Trump as president elect. He got less than 50% of the vote, more than 2 million less than his major opponent? Not even dubya was this bad in 2000.

He won the presidential elections though. Good ol' Electoral College.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

this turned into quite a ramble, I am not directing all of this at you southern.

which is still wildly better than a true democracy... the thing most democrats keep forgetting over and over again (I am an independent and I voted for neither) is that eventually the wheel turns and the other side has control.

This idiot Dem that wants a constitutional convention apparently doesnt grasp how the process works, the Republicans have such a degree of control they can nearly call a convention without having to convince a single democrat that it is a good idea.

All these temper tantrums are not good for the country, I do not 1 party to have control, but since the democrats are acting like a handful of counties should control the country I have no choice going forward but to support the republicans.

We need a healthy dnc going forward and instead they put the same tired shrew in charge of the house minority that presided over handing control to the republicans.

a viable third party can not get here fast enough because the DNC has lost it..

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Prove it.

Show your source for your figures.

Your are seriously delusional.

From the paper of record.

www.nytimes.com...

Hillary Clinton 48.0%

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>