It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgruntled Democrats Want A Constitutional Convention To Leave The Union

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

So no Hillary didn't receive more than 50% of the popular vote!

That is a true statement. Hillary Clinton apparently received 48% of the popular vote which is more than the 46.1% that Donald Trump received.

Hillary wasn't popular at all!

She was more popular than Donald Trump.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thats fine. Its probably time we divide up the country. I only ask that one or two states get to be their own libertarian republic, as fits voting records.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
For the millionth time.

HILLARY DID NOT GET A MAJORITY.

the majority, over half of American voters, did not vote for her.

Hillary got more than 2 million votes more than her. Unless I got this wrong? You have an unbiased source that says otherwise?

If you're talking about the Electoral College then yes, she did not win the Electoral College.

If this is about the 3 million illegal voters BS that people are pulling out of thin air then no.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Based on this thread, www.abovetopsecret.com... and the image put forth,

It might behoove the US to grant the request with the condition that those wishing for exemption from the union also migrate to specific designated states. Particularly, CA. In fact, give them WA, OR, CA and let them sink or swim. Let them have their own country independent from the United States of America.

NO!!! US needs shipping ports on both east and west coasts.

Give them WA, OR and CA... from the Russian River... no Marin... north.

I'd say, give them the bottom half of California, that will give them room for all the New Yorkers who want to go with them. They are used to living in big cities. Northern California has more republicans than Democrats anyway.

That would be good if they left, then the not so radical democrats can bring their party back and gain the presidency next election with a decent candidate. With all the radical Democrats gone we will probably do pretty good in this country.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would take it one step further...the Constitution is as near perfect as such a document could be made, especially given its 230+ years

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Done. Here are afew below,

www.inquisitr.com...
thehill.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.motherjones.com...

Secession talk was fairly popular here on ATS after Obama was elected, www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are a number of threads about secession.

As for Texas V White 1969, I trust you already know this, go google it.

So yes, Republicans complained and made a tantrum after Obama was elected, threatening secession. This time there are a number of Democrats doing the same. The cycle continues.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Exactly neither of them were popular!

The left keeps implying that Hillary won the popular vote which isn't remotely accurate.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oooh that's what he meant. She didn't get 50% of the vote... neither did Trump. She got 2 million more than Trump.

Wow, talk about mental gymnastics haha.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: pteridine

Here let me help you out a bit.

America has 200,081,377 eligible voters . Out of 200,081,377 eligible voters 128,000,000 voted that is barely over 62.5% of the eligible voters. Of the 128,000,000 people that vote Hillary received 65,383,628 votes. That is roughly 31 percent of the eligible voters.

So no Hillary didn't receive more than 50% of the popular vote!

Hillary wasn't popular at all!

Yes, I managed to grasp that part. Zoe didn't. From the OP:

Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) conceded that Democrats could not get rid of the Electoral College due to the way the United States Constitution is written.

“I don’t think we can sustain our American democracy by having the majority ruled by the minority. And so the question is how to fix this since the Constitution is written in such a way that it’s almost impossible to amend,” Lofgren said.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious
Democrats don't need a Constitutional Convention to leave the Union.
They just need to pony up for plane tickets elsewhere.

that will never happen unless the government gives them subsidies to cover the price of the ticket.

I say let em leave, there are a few states who I wouldn't mind seeing them leave the union.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: introvert

I don't know... the Democrat ideals of old would be supporting slavery and blocking women's suffrage.

The party seems to change face every few decades.

Alt-Right...Shift-Left

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
Not Ctrl-Left?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Link for that map available?
I would like to see how this conclusion was come to?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ha! When they can't win the game with the same rules that have been the basis of our Constitutional Republic since the beginning and gives power to the states so they are not ruled by a few in the big cities, they cry and whine and want to change the rules of the game.

Who wants to wager that if as a result of the protesting, violent attacks on innocent people who happen to be white or voted for Trump, that the majority now abandons the left and after they get the constitution changed they will then throw a hissy fit and want the rules changed again to fit their own special version of the constitution. Hypocrites.

Don't worry my fine fellow friends. The republicans control around 30 states and they need 32 or 38 to pull this off. Guess what? All the high hopes of bringing in millions of immigrants to ensure they win every election has epically failed.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
(I hope you don't mind me borrowing your avatar)

Hazardous's avatar explains exactly why "one vote one say" is not the correct answer. If you can't understand this then you don't want a true and fair answer. There really is nothing more that can be said.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Im sorry but can someone give me an update on what stage of grief these liberals are on right now? Stage 3 or 4? Can someone help me out? Thanks.

Sure. They are still solidly in the denial/panic phase of getting bitch slapped.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Based on this thread, www.abovetopsecret.com... and the image put forth,

It might behoove the US to grant the request with the condition that those wishing for exemption from the union also migrate to specific designated states. Particularly, CA. In fact, give them WA, OR, CA and let them sink or swim. Let them have their own country independent from the United States of America.

Why Washington, Oregon and California? Let them have California, OK, but then I think we could give them Arizona and New Mexico. They like immigrants and open borders so much, they ought to serve as a buffer for us, so they can be really useful in their exile. They shouldn't have all of the Pacific Coast. Trade with the Pacific might be important at some point.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

They even have education/reeducation camps in the form of college campuses.

Say what?

Are you saying that simply because academia is associated with liberal leanings? So the implication is that Universities are 'reeducating' people to be liberal? Or are you actually insinuating college campuses 'reeducate' people to register Democrat??..

As much as you surely loathe the prospect it's likely that becoming educated has the propensity to change one's socio-economical affiliation to a more left-leaning one.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It is not a popularity contest.

Everybody knew the rules going in and planned their strategy accordingly.

Hillary lost.

No ifs, ands or buts about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You got it wrong.

A majority is over 50%.

Hillary voters are a minority of the voters at 48%

Non Hillary voters are a majority at 52%.

This is grade school level stuff.
edit on 6-12-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join