It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgruntled Democrats Want A Constitutional Convention To Leave The Union

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Try running anyone BUT Hillary next time.

Bernie could've won but we all know what happened there.

Madame Presidente.

She would have been known as "ill Presidente"

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Based on this thread, www.abovetopsecret.com... and the image put forth,

It might behoove the US to grant the request with the condition that those wishing for exemption from the union also migrate to specific designated states. Particularly, CA. In fact, give them WA, OR, CA and let them sink or swim. Let them have their own country independent from the United States of America.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Based on this thread, www.abovetopsecret.com... and the image put forth,

It might behoove the US to grant the request with the condition that those wishing for exemption from the union also migrate to specific designated states. Particularly, CA. In fact, give them WA, OR, CA and let them sink or swim. Let them have their own country independent from the United States of America.

NO!!! US needs shipping ports on both east and west coasts.

Give them WA, OR and CA... from the Russian River... no Marin... north.

edit on 6-12-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
For the millionth time.

HILLARY DID NOT GET A MAJORITY.

the majority, over half of American voters, did not vote for her.

Zoe isn't too good with higher arithmetic.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious
Give them WA, OR and CA... from the Russian River... no Marin... north.

Give 'em a rifle and send them south into Mexico. March 'em in that direction until they cross the Panama Canal.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: xuenchen

Texas V. White 1869. The matter has been settled.

Settled? It's a SCOTUS ruling. In the last 100 years more than 3 dozen previous rulings have been overturned by a future SCOTUS. I won't even go into the ruling itself.

Besides, you're ignoring the intent of the thread to make yourself sound smart
Constitutional Conventions don't need a single branch of the Federal Government
The States call it
The States propose amendments
The States ratify it.
The Federal Government does what it does best in this case-nothing
The States, if they wanted to, could totally do away with the SCOTUS
Nothing could be done to stop them
So go on with your bad self and your 'settled'

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

The Chinese run most of the ports. But hey, good point. Put a 30 mile wide exemption along the actual coast line that would remain under the USA domain.

edit on 6-12-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Im sorry but can someone give me an update on what stage of grief these liberals are on right now? Stage 3 or 4? Can someone help me out? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I may be green when it comes to politics, but isn't this considered treasonous since the Civil War?

edit on 6-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yeah, we have had a number of Remoaners wanting E.U citizenship, even after the U.K has withdrawn from the European Union.

Good luck to them, maybe one day they will try to revolt, but we are British et al.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

She talks the minority is 10%. The minority was only marginally so. What she's really saying is that half the country is better than the other half. I say give it them. Let the 84 of the top 100 counties leave. They can even take 16% of of the counties that are left. The rest of them will deny any trade. Let's see how that works. Oh, suddenly they need those uneducated bigots!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Let us not forget when Obama won, how many Republicans called for secession? How short of memory of we. Governor Perry of Texas, Sanford of South Carolina? Secessionist movements? The tea parties? This time it's just switched around.

Every election year, there will be a segment of want side that wants to pack their toys and leave because things didn't go their way.

Texas V. White 1869. The matter has been settled.

Sources?
done
Next

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I heard you like pictures. Here's a more realistic depiction of the voting habits of the American voter.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Im sorry but can someone give me an update on what stage of grief these liberals are on right now? Stage 3 or 4? Can someone help me out? Thanks.

Stage one: denial

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Here let me help you out a bit.

America has 200,081,377 eligible voters . Out of 200,081,377 eligible voters 128,000,000 voted that is barely over 62.5% of the eligible voters. Of the 128,000,000 people that vote Hillary received 65,383,628 votes. That is roughly 31 percent of the eligible voters.

So no Hillary didn't receive more than 50% of the popular vote!

Hillary wasn't popular at all!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

In the case of Rick Perry, one oft-cited example comes from an answer he gave in an interview following an Austin Tea Party rally on April 15th, 2009.

"You know, my hope is that America and Washington in particular pays attention. We’ve got a great union. There is absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what may come out of that? But Texas is a very unique place and we’re a pretty independent lot to boot."

Here's a Fox News panel discussing it. Notice that Trump's bitch, Sean "I never said I was a journalist" Hannity defends the remarks:

Should I continue? I could fill up this thread with secession ramblings from butthurt conservative crybullies.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Using that logic, neither is Trump, as less people appear to have voted for him.

What was the point you were trying to make?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: StoutBroux

I heard you like pictures. Here's a more realistic depiction of the voting habits of the American voter.

what is that, is it.. could be.. I see a sad attempt at showing Hillary winning something.
edit on 6-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Xue-

And 'they' want Us to pay for it too, right? And when that doesn't work, then I'd expect some foot stomping and threats of holding their breath and it has to be pumped in fresh air and NOT the Ca. taxable methane gas that these folks are forced to live with....

Signed,

Lew D. Criss

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join