It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatening Voice Mails From an Unknown Number

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
OP: Dude you should tell your boss to troll that guy so hard! Make that unknown caller so mad he can't think straight. I know it would be the wrong thing to do but so much fun.

If the guy calling has anger issues and knows this guy's phone #, why would he want to possibly escalate the situation?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Google it. That often works. Just did for me.

If He goes to Google™ then I'm certain the night shift at Google™ HQ can look through this member's files (ALL of them), isn't that 'comforting'?

Remember the "old days" before the advent of "fake news" and the like? Back when the 'user' would 'get' more info then they 'gave' from Google™? Again, ain't that 'comforting'??

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

After your boss tells his sidegirl what's up with her ol' man, SHE will make the plan of action.

In the mean time just watch out for angry drunk men.

edit on 6-12-2016 by ezramullins because: satan

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So today, my boss showed me a voicemail that was left on his phone.
The voice mail said, "You better not be stalking my wife, or I'll come after you.. call me back."

---

Now, they guy sounded very serious, possibly intoxicated. My boss has no idea who it is, and is not stalking anybody, or their wife.

I don't believe him for a minute. Don't get involved. Its his private 'dilemma' , don't make it yours.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
OP: Dude you should tell your boss to troll that guy so hard! Make that unknown caller so mad he can't think straight. I know it would be the wrong thing to do but so much fun.

If the guy calling has anger issues and knows this guy's phone #, why would he want to possibly escalate the situation?

Oh I don't know. I figure there would be a way to block numbers on phones now and days. It's not like he can find the number location at all unless the guy who has anger issues is a really good hacker or has gps locating tech.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Threatening call should always be reported to the police. Even if the person has the wrong number.

It may save someone's life in the end.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

originally posted by: schuyler
Google it. That often works. Just did for me.

If He goes to Google™ then I'm certain the night shift at Google™ HQ can look through this member's files (ALL of them), isn't that 'comforting'?

Remember the "old days" before the advent of "fake news" and the like? Back when the 'user' would 'get' more info then they 'gave' from Google™? Again, ain't that 'comforting'??

Whatever are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The fact that there are free apps, free downloads that you can get and put in any random number to show from where you are calling as the real one...when its not....well....not really.

And there are a lot of teens using these to disguise the real number . Its easy. And Ill bet thats what they are doing. Fake phone # shown on caller I.D.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So...let me get this straight.....A crazy guy ,who feels he's been wronged , has A phone number .....that he thinks belongs to the person who he needs to kill or punish ....literally.....but it actually belongs to your friend....who's innocent (supposedly) .....so ....crazy guy can easily google the Number and find out any Info he needs , and go after your friend.....Whether your friend is innocent or not ,your friend now has a stalker , who wants to do him bodily harm, or kill him ........and you haven't called the police yet?? ....

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I wonder if it could have been a wrong number or people playing a sick joke.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Yeah, I googled... couldn't find much besides sites trying to sell me stuff.
Hoping someone here would be able to give me the name of an app or program or something like that.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Not up to me to call the police. I suggested it to him when he showed me the message.
He doesn't want to deal with cops as much as anyone.
He just wants to let this guy know that hes barking up the wrong tree so he can threaten whoever he is supposed to be threatening.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Oh, It's one of those for sure.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

He just wants to let this guy know that hes barking up the wrong tree so he can threaten whoever he is supposed to be threatening.

quoted to demonstrate that this thread = utter bollox

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You forget that someone might be stalking someones wife.
If the threat is delivered to the right person, it may get the stalking to stop.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

i have not forgotten anything - but i do live in the real world - where the rational response to " i think someone is stalking my wife " is to ......................

yup - call the police

but hey - keep digging - i was going to unsub this thread as a waste of time - but hey - its enterntaiment watching the idiocy unfold

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Call the cops or get a pistol-grip pump.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My clients get this sort of thing all the time.. a private or blocked number by a crazy ex or whoever their court case is against. Dont bother calling the provider.. call the police and ask them for a phone trap as you have an unidentified number making threats of bodily harm. THey subpoena it from the provider and you follow it from there. They MAY blow it off due to it being a one time thing.. or may do something cause the nature of the threat.

Me?? WHen I get those calls I give em one of my diatribes about an arachnid order or this or that ... sometimes phone sex.. Using wrong numbers for therapy has kept me off of anti anxiety drugs....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join